Automatic rudder?

Nealius

I just picked up the L-39 in the sale and was expecting a bit more stick-and-rudder flying like the Tomcat. After taking her for a spin I noticed it automatically crabs itself into the wind and there's hardly any slip evident during turns. Does the L-39 have some kind of automatic or augmented rudder system?

• ED Team
I just picked up the L-39 in the sale and was expecting a bit more stick-and-rudder flying like the Tomcat. After taking her for a spin I noticed it automatically crabs itself into the wind and there's hardly any slip evident during turns. Does the L-39 have some kind of automatic or augmented rudder system?

No, it is just natural side stability of this plane (lateral + yaw).

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• 3 months later...
No, it is just natural side stability of this plane (lateral + yaw).

Would you care to explain how this is different to say the spitfire?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I did buy the L-39 recently too. I did not notice it tends to crab into the wind. On the contrary, I am constantly correcting the heading when there's lateral wind. But then maybe I am not as experienced as you are. How do you notice the crabbing pattern?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,