MiG-23MLA external model WIP

OverStratos

Yeah, lets just hope they spend more time on the FM and avionics.

Ditto. Well for myself, I've been really enjoying these free trial weekends. So I will definitely be waiting to buy AFTER I try it first. I waited on the F-16CJ and it was the right call because when I tried it last month I was pretty disappointed, but happy I hadn't committed, and now that it looks like it's gonna take back seat to the hornet It'll prolly be some time before its in a good place but that's ok because I'm not invested in it. I can just get it next year or whenever it's closer to being out of the oven.

From now on I'll support the devs when I see good progress and a stable product, not before. I'm participating in too many open betas for DCS products right now lol :D

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

The MiG-23... damn... => Instabuy for me.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Ditto. Well for myself, I've been really enjoying these free trial weekends. So I will definitely be waiting to buy AFTER I try it first. I waited on the F-16CJ and it was the right call because when I tried it last month I was pretty disappointed, but happy I hadn't committed, and now that it looks like it's gonna take back seat to the hornet It'll prolly be some time before its in a good place but that's ok because I'm not invested in it. I can just get it next year or whenever it's closer to being out of the oven.

From now on I'll support the devs when I see good progress and a stable product, not before. I'm participating in too many open betas for DCS products right now lol :D

Do whatever you like dude but remember, 2020 is not the 90s (rise of flight sim era) and we had only Falcon 4.0 (now BMS) for two decades with no real alternatives till DCS started to evolve.

So:

It's support/keep alive if you find something interesting or else we risk flying Cessnas in Flight Simulator or Falcon BMS for another two decades.

Besides... this community slowly starts to remind me of Harpoons crazy community back then.

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

It's support/keep alive if you find something interesting or else we risk flying Cessnas in Flight Simulator or Falcon BMS for another two decades.

I think there are enough 3rd parties that we can start to be choosy IMO. I mean I get the sentiment to support things, but on the other hand, ask yourself what is it that you are actually supporting? I have 0 issues pre-buying a HB or Deka module at this point because the likelihood of me being disappointed is low. OTOH I see what the harrier is like X years later, and what it was on release and I have worries. That being said the Mig19 while it had its issues at least was corrected pretty quickly and is OK in my book at this point, not great mind you but not terrible. I'm mostly hoping for the same with the 23, but I'm absolutely not going to pre-buy it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Do whatever you like dude but remember, 2020 is not the 90s (rise of flight sim era) and we had only Falcon 4.0 (now BMS) for two decades with no real alternatives till DCS started to evolve.

So:

Besides... this community slowly starts to remind me of Harpoons crazy community back then.

I own all three Razbam modules just so you know. But I don't see the need to pre-order or get the next one on day one. I'll definitely be getting the MiG-23 and F-15E at some point but I'm not going to just blindly buy them. I don't like the EA system and I don't care for Razbam's management of their current modules. It is what it is though.

Now like Harli said the 19 was a step in the right direction, and so if they can get these next ones out and done in a short order then I'll be buying them sooner rather then later. But I have no problem waiting for them to get sorted. I'll support them when theres something to support.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

You know what´s the problem with painted stuff? That after sometime it turns a little hard to know which one is the material below that paint. Maybe you don´t know, but fighter cockpits get really weathered, again, really weathered and the paint get weird characteristics.

If I show this part alone. Would you know which material is below the paint?

If you tell me you do, sorry if it is hard to believe.

Here you have the entire pic from where that part belongs:

Another "concrete" cockpit example:

Yeah, but that´s a museum/stored piece that is extra weathered, well, here you have one from an operational MiG-23 at the time:

That's a good answer and you're right, when you are in RL MIG-21 or 23 cockpit, there are so many layers of paint, that you don't know what material is below at simple view, if plastic, concrete or metal. I found your MIG-19 model amazing!

Keep the good working!

I own all three Razbam modules just so you know. But I don't see the need to pre-order or get the next one on day one. I'll definitely be getting the MiG-23 and F-15E at some point but I'm not going to just blindly buy them. I don't like the EA system and I don't care for Razbam's management of their current modules. It is what it is though.

Yup same here. I'm done pre-ordering modules that are hot garbage on release. It may be "exciting" for some people to gamble on it and I get it but I'm done unless its a 3rd party I trust. And TBH at this point ED is more or less in the same category for me after the F16 release, not gonna pre-order the Hind and I'll give it a month and let the initial excitement to die down before deciding if its worth it or not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have an unfortunate weakness for Soviet aviation, so if this thing is any kind of playable on O/B release, it'll be in my aircraft stable for sure.

Here's to hoping we get something before the end of 2020.

In an unrelated note, does anyone know if this module could be parlayed into the mig-27 very easily? I love me some ground attack...

I have an unfortunate weakness for Soviet aviation, so if this thing is any kind of playable on O/B release, it'll be in my aircraft stable for sure.

Here's to hoping we get something before the end of 2020.

In an unrelated note, does anyone know if this module could be parlayed into the mig-27 very easily? I love me some ground attack...

I'm in the same boat, but I think it "could" be ok. The 19 was released and fixed sort-of quick. 6 months or so IIRC for the FM. So it depends what is broken. ED will likely do the missiles anyway as is their new policy, and we have R-60'/R-23/24's in game already. I think the biggest potential pitfalls are the FM since its a swing wing, that will be more complex. Then the radar, again, its probably going to be a bit weird being Russian from that era. And finally the datalink probably won't be there on release.

As for the 27, its more or less a different A/C different aerodynamics, engine, ground attack systems. Also Overstratos has access to the Cuban versions of these A/C and pilots and the only 2 operators of the mig27 were Russia and India. So my guess is a big N-O.

I'm in the same boat, but I think it "could" be ok. The 19 was released and fixed sort-of quick. 6 months or so IIRC for the FM. So it depends what is broken. ED will likely do the missiles anyway as is their new policy, and we have R-60'/R-23/24's in game already. I think the biggest potential pitfalls are the FM since its a swing wing, that will be more complex. Then the radar, again, its probably going to be a bit weird being Russian from that era. And finally the datalink probably won't be there on release.

As for the 27, its more or less a different A/C different aerodynamics, engine, ground attack systems. Also Overstratos has access to the Cuban versions of these A/C and pilots and the only 2 operators of the mig27 were Russia and India. So my guess is a big N-O.

Bummer re: 27, but I'll take what I can get.

Pardon my ignorance, but did they announce what specific version of the 23 we'll be getting?

edit: 23MLA, I'm an idiot.

You guys are silly. The Razbam models are exquisite.

The proof? It triggers OCD! Using a magnifier to question depth of the paint chipping.. *blink*

I mean, if this model triggers people to start talking about the governing dynamics of paint or how many coats of paint is historically accurate, Youve got a Winner.

There is difference to accept a graphical quality, and making claims that they are exquisite or that they are like real paint job.

Regardless that something doesn't look correct, doesn't mean it is not "good enough" or "acceptable".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The proof? It triggers OCD! Using a magnifier to question depth of the paint chipping.. *blink*

I mean, if this model triggers people to start talking about the governing dynamics of paint or how many coats of paint is historically accurate, Youve got a Winner.

There is difference to accept a graphical quality, and making claims that they are exquisite or that they are like real paint job.

Regardless that something doesn't look correct, doesn't mean it is not "good enough" or "acceptable".

Pretty sure there was some seriously heavy sarcasm there.

I really like Razbam Modules. Esspecially the Harrier is just fantastic. Even tho it takes way longer than expected and I still wait for some stuff to be added but it´s pretty good right now. But I totaly understand why people are kinda carefull. And to be fair, as a MIG Nut I bought the 19 straight away. I started her up, flew one lap, landed her and actually never touched her since. Not sure what it is but I understand the comments that the cockpit dosnt "feel" right. I´m not gonna hate on this module but it obvious that the textures are not on the same level as the Harrier, Mirage or any other module and I can understand why people are worried about the Mig 23. Those really remind me more on IL2 1946 than DCS. Just compare it with the Mig 15 and Mig 21. For me the 21 still got one of the best lighting and texturing from all modules in DCS. Really hope that the Mig 23 will be just as awesome as the Harrier.

I really like Razbam Modules. Esspecially the Harrier is just fantastic. Even tho it takes way longer than expected and I still wait for some stuff to be added but it´s pretty good right now. But I totaly understand why people are kinda carefull. And to be fair, as a MIG Nut I bought the 19 straight away. I started her up, flew one lap, landed her and actually never touched her since. Not sure what it is but I understand the comments that the cockpit dosnt "feel" right. I´m not gonna hate on this module but it obvious that the textures are not on the same level as the Harrier, Mirage or any other module and I can understand why people are worried about the Mig 23. Those really remind me more on IL2 1946 than DCS. Just compare it with the Mig 15 and Mig 21. For me the 21 still got one of the best lighting and texturing from all modules in DCS. Really hope that the Mig 23 will be just as awesome as the Harrier.

Do you fly the Harrier at night with FLIR and NVGs? Have you ever tried to fly a full CAS mission in the Harrier from a cold start to a landing? If so, you would find it is riddled with bugs that make it pretty much useless or incredibly unrealistic. I suspect that most that are happy with that module pop in with an airstart at noon drop a few MK82s in CCIP and hit escape and say what an awesome flight.

The ammount of trolling this thread has it's shocking, i don't understand why Overstratos even cares to reply some nonesense here.

Good job guys, i wish you the best with this magnificent airplane, the better you do the more fun i'll have with it. Good luck, take your time, i'm enjoying the WIP in the meantime.

S!

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

depend getting technical information for coding, if they doenst get they cant do it, like mirage F1 from aviodev, you can wait 5 or 10 years may be never

the answer is coming soon

i am very happy with M2000C and Harrier, i can wait,

Edited by jpbordi

Do you fly the Harrier at night with FLIR and NVGs? Have you ever tried to fly a full CAS mission in the Harrier from a cold start to a landing? If so, you would find it is riddled with bugs that make it pretty much useless or incredibly unrealistic. I suspect that most that are happy with that module pop in with an airstart at noon drop a few MK82s in CCIP and hit escape and say what an awesome flight.

Yeaaaah... no. The penchant for bullshit exaggeration and bandwagonism around here is a bit much. It's one thing to point out flaws, criticise, etc, and another to just make a bunch of over the top nonsense claims @@ God what a bunch of drama queens

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeaaaah... no. The penchant for bullshit exaggeration and bandwagonism around here is a bit much. It's one thing to point out flaws, criticise, etc, and another to just make a bunch of over the top nonsense claims @@ God what a bunch of drama queens

Thank you for saying this. There are too many of those who count bugs and gamebreaking stuff of which most aren’t that serious. These perfectionistic finicky dudes are all about rep-damaging than just pointing out flaws etc. Such dude won’t get asleep if it’s not 100% dark and quiet in their bedroom, staying up all night in anger just because a random car drove by. One such dudes was going nuts online because ppl used the text chat, it messed up his concentration that he went completely nuts. This reminds me of those guys who destroyed the old Harpoon series, wars are active to this very date versus CMANO/CMO because of all the sick perfectionism. Most of them are far away to deliver such demanded perfectionism in their working environment, that’s for sure.

Not so long ago, the Mirage did not have a functioning radar. It was simply broken as you could not track any kind of contact. Playing on the stable release to avoid such development trouble, I and many others, had to wait for six months before flying again the Mirage. Six freaking months, half a year !

Isn't that kind of situation bad enough to allow users to complain or express their concerns about a module ? I am not very vocal regarding my discontent, I'd rather do something else with my spare time, but reading comments like yours is worrisome. Customers have a right to demand transparency from the company who sold them a product.

It can be annoying to read the same comments from the same person over and over, but this is not a reason to silence those who have legitimate questions about their purchase. If you're sick of all these complaints, you have two choices : don't read the topics asking for informations or add to your ignore list some of the users.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

@tugais

It is ok to complain about stuff you think is wrong or that break your gameplay, no problem with that. That´s why I´m here answering such complains and giving timeframes if possible for the problems/bugs to be fixed. However, it is not helpful to bring the issue again and again once no new answer has been given afterward. Also, if you read this thread you will find "developers are evil, they lure people, all they want is money" type of posts, which are far from true.

Now, this thread was made to show MiG-23 WIP pics. I need all of you to keep this thread clean from OT.

thanks