[FIXED] Viggen crashes DCS

Madeyes

Hi guys.

I've had this issue for a while but I thought it had been fixed.

After a year off DCS I came back & went through the Viggen tutorials to familiarise myself with it again.

However some of the tutorials would crash the game. I just put this down to bad tutorial files.

So last night I spent about 7 hours flying the Viggen in free flight & on servers with no issues apart from the standard Viggen issues of it not doing what its supposed to do :)

However this evening I was supposed to fly in a large Viggen mission with Grim Reapers but every time I loaded into the jet it would crash DCS. I closed SRS & voice attack & it still crashed.

No other module does this.

I fly with the Valve Index btw but it would also do this on the Vive.

Any ideas pls?

Hi! Sorry that you are having this problem. Could you post the dcs.log after a crash? It's located in C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I cant seem to post it assuming i have the correct file

The forum software doesn't allow to upload the .log file, just zip it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the same problem as Madeyes with the Viggen:

2020-04-16 06:21:21.706 ERROR   VIGGEN: Couldnt search folder C
2020-04-16 06:21:21.706 INFO    VIGGEN: Found 0 .ini files in SavedGames/DCS_AJS37

DCS is not on the C drive to save space. This is the only module that I have this problem with.

dcs.zip

Edited by Seance12

Hi Ragnar.

All I did was click select roll & hit fly & i appeared in the jet for a second or 2 then it crashed the game.

It’s the same in some of the training missions & I can’t finish the campaign as the last mission doesn’t work.

I love the viggen so it’s very annoying.

I will ask about the trackfile for the mission.

Rob

Edited by Madeyes

• 3 weeks later...

Bump - Is there any motion on this problem?

I know that if you need and example, the training missions always froze DCS for me. I think it was training missions 3 and on that froze me. And also a few minutes into playing the Viggen in an empty map will freeze DCS.

• 2 weeks later...

It is impossible to play. Constantly freeze DCS

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains

I'm also having constant crashes with the Viggen.

These usually happen at the end of a mission when turning the radar mode back to standby, but they also happen when I shutdown the engines too.

It doesn't just crash DCS - it crashes my whole computer and I have to do a hard restart.

It also crashed this morning when I returned to base, re-armed and on the way back to the target location I switched my radar to 120 - same thing, freezes whole computer and I have to do a hard restart.

It really is unplayable at the moment.

I have the same problems with the computer hanging up, it only helps to log out as a user and go back in.

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains

I can confirm this, it seems like Windows is running out of virtual memory (according to the event viewer). Some sort of allocation/memory leak issue apparently.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying out the Viggens during the free trial.

Last night, after my first flight, I landed but then skidded sideways (tiny bit of rudder is all it takes...), and as the plane came to a stop in the middle of the runway, all of a sudden the screen went black and no keys responded. A few seconds later I was back on the Windows desktop.

Today, after landing and parking the jet, I clicked the generator switch off and the computer froze for 20 seconds or so, but didn't crash...

Nice plane, but not my cup of tea. I'm more of a A2A guy. Still, a big THANKS to Heatblur for the opportunity to try it out.

Same here.

On engine shutdown I skip the NAV -> BER on Master Mode because this killed my Windows each and everytime time and is a known bug afaik.

But now when switching off Generator it has pretty much the same fatal effect.

It's repeatable and a pity. I enjoy flying the Viggen very much and would love being able to do a normal shutdown procedure.

Cheers

Hi,

I'm experiencing same hard freeze as psychodad, when ever i switch NAV to BER after landing.

Maybe the ELINT data recovery is to be suspected ?

unfortunatly no crash log can be generated as only a hard pc reboot can sort it.

Cheers

A log file is always generated even if you have to restart your computer. After you have started your computer, look into Saved Games folder in windows and DCS Open Beta then Logs and you will find a file call dcs.log. Please upload that file and I would be very grateful.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.