Gunnery fixed! Wow! Thanks ED!

fencible

ED has fixed up the projectile dispersion formulas and ammo loadouts on the Warbirds in the latest open beta release!

Wow - the P-51 (and the Spit - still haven't tried others) is deadly - bullets go where you aim, and concentrate instead of scattering everywhere, so instead of a few ineffectual hits, the target gets clobbered. Because dispersion is now realistic instead of extreme, you can see bullet strikes 'walking' along wing surfaces, and concentrated hits when firing at convergence ranges....so realistic now....so deadly destructive!

Thanks ED - what a big step forward!

I blew the tail feathers off a dora from about 400 yards with 20mm hispano.

It surprised me on two counts the first being I actually stayed within guns range for long enough when he knew I was there following him and the 2nd being a human opponent the DM normally takes alot of hits to do any significant damage.

That's why I'm having such a hard time hitting targets now! Teach me to learn to adjust...

Get close. The guns are synchronized for 300 yard range - that's 900 feet on the range dial on the side of the K14 sight mounting. Setup your K14 gunsight to 900 feet, and don't shoot until you are that close. The K14 gunsight, (with its' gyro turned on) actually works (not for snap-shots - for stabilized tracking shots)!

Set the target size to just under 35 feet for a fighter-sized target, and map the range increase/decrease functions to the HOTAS. Fit the target wing inside the circle of pips, and the lead will be correct to fire - but as I say, wait until you are at about 300 yards.

Make a practice mission for yourself that has easy drone targets, and practice with the sight. You'll soon be getting good reliable hits. Practice, practice, practice.

Edited by fencible

• ED Team
I don't think they actually changed anything I compared the shell_table.lua from 2.5.5 to the latest build and there are no changes.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Ha what are they saying? Does the shell Lua deal with how the guns are mounted.......?

I think this .lua file is not even peak of iceberg if it comes about gunnery physics. Kilometers of core code which is not easily accessible.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor