What's been going on with the Mirage?

john4pap

Back in November (I think) this was a perfectly playable aircraft with the only bug I can recall being the INS update (ah, and the bomb recticle was off too). Somewhere around that time the devs decided to update it and make it more realistic (what could be more welcome than that!). Yet, this introduced a ton of bugs and a different approach to its functions, and after struggling to re-learn the "new" aircraft's systems I realised that my main difficulty grasping it was the ton of bugs introduced in it. I did relearn it, yet since then it remains grounded due to its new bugs.

Now, I'm not a real fun of beta versions; I have a life and I'm no kid who wants to check the new features first. But since the last stable release is back in December, and having seen the recent changelogs mentioning bug fixes for the Mirage, I decided to check if the mirage is anywhere near being playable again. No, it's not. And in fact, I don't know and I don't have the time to check whether they fixed any of the old ones. I found new ones though: adjusting seat height isn't working any more, and the green box that appears on a target after locking it isn't always there anymore... Ah, and yet new approach to controls for locking targets and weapons employment; second time since November. I don't have the time to dive into this mess again, especially upon seeing that bugs are still there. So I'm back to stable with the m2000 grounded for an indefinite period of time.

What I'm saying is that I do appreciate the devs work but never signed up to any beta-testing (ok, I did download the beta but only to see whether the broken stable is fixed). I would be more than happy having the old and less realistic but virtually unbugged mirage while being in anticipation for a new and bug-free update. I don't understand why the devs forced us with this. How about they give us the old mirage back until they finish it? Am I the only one here who has just been wishing for this simple solution?

Am I the only one here who has just been wishing for this simple solution?

What bugs are you referring to, specifically?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I'm sorry but my message isn't a bug report nor is it listed under "bug reports". As mentioned above, I have lost interest in even tracing new and old bugs. If you are indeed interested to know about the bugs introduced in the mirage since late-2019 you won't have any difficulty finding long lists in the same forum.

Here you can find some of them:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4186980&postcount=4

To these, you can also add DCS crashes when selective jettisoning Mk82s,contacts are only locked reliably in b-scope, and vertical scan seems to do +5/-5 (but I only read about this one, didn't try myself).

Also you can have a look yourself at RAZBAM's issue tracker here, and appreciate how:

- Most of the issues they're working on are different from the ones the community is reporting (and way less important IMHO)

- Most of them haven't been working on yet

Let me clarify: I don't hate anyone and I can imagine how difficult can be to write such a complex simulator being a software engineer myself. But I want to be honest: if I wasn't forced to fly the M2000 by my virtual squadron activity, I would have switched to another module months ago.

Edited by Lorthirk

Since the last MAJ, impossible to lock any aircraft ! The cmd STT/TWS Toggle doesn't work :(

Answer :

1. Radar HOTAS Buttons/Switches

The following Radar HOTAS buttons/Switches have changed functionality:

* "TDC CENTER" - It is now "TDC DEPRESS (Lock Target)". Its unique function is to lock AA targets.

The radar now has a default lock mode. This means that you can lock an AA target as TWS or directly to STT.

* "STT/TWS Toggle (Target Lock)" -

It is now "STT/TWS Toggle". It no longer locks an AA target, that function is carried out by "TDC DEPRESS (Target Lock)"

Its functionality has changed as follows:

- With a locked AA target: toggles between STT/TWS tracking modes (same as before).

- With the radar on SCAN and no locked AA target, it selects the default lock mode for AA targets: STT or TWS.

The default lock mode can be overridden by the toggle switch but upon target unlock will go back to its default.

=> Replace STT/TWS Toggle by TDC DEPRESS and mapp an another key for switch STT/TWS Toggle (PSID/PDIC).

Edited by RedFang

Since the last MAJ, impossible to lock any aircraft ! The cmd STT/TWS Toggle doesn't work :(

Answer :

1. Radar HOTAS Buttons/Switches

The following Radar HOTAS buttons/Switches have changed functionality:

* "TDC CENTER" - It is now "TDC DEPRESS (Lock Target)". Its unique function is to lock AA targets.

The radar now has a default lock mode. This means that you can lock an AA target as TWS or directly to STT.

* "STT/TWS Toggle (Target Lock)" -

It is now "STT/TWS Toggle". It no longer locks an AA target, that function is carried out by "TDC DEPRESS (Target Lock)"

Its functionality has changed as follows:

- With a locked AA target: toggles between STT/TWS tracking modes (same as before).

- With the radar on SCAN and no locked AA target, it selects the default lock mode for AA targets: STT or TWS.

The default lock mode can be overridden by the toggle switch but upon target unlock will go back to its default.

=> Replace STT/TWS Toggle by TDC DEPRESS and mapp an another key for switch STT/TWS Toggle (PSID/PDIC).

We already know all of this, and this part (at least) is working as expected. Nobody is complaining about this specific aspect of the radar.