Voice chat on client/server despite being disabled, causing lag.

rurounijones

GAW has been having desync and lag issues since the new patch. Someone also mentioned GrowlingSidewinder is having similar issues but I have not checked.

Upon looking at logs it looks like VoiceChat is running in some capacity despite being disabled on my client and the server.

My client logs (Trimmed for just the voice chat stuff): https://gist.github.com/rurounijones/e367135aa9e10c953c827cc5e1ea487f

Other players were also reporting similar logs.

GAW'S Acidic mentioned that he is seeing the same sort of logs server-side despite ["voice_chat_server"] = false

It is not confirmed that the voice chat is what could be causing the desync but to my knowledge it has just started happening with the latest patch.

Check the hoggit discord "georgia-at-war" channel around 2020/03/21 19:40 UTC for discussion.

Edited by rurounijones

I confirm I had this last night, I was logged in and could hear people chatting in the background. we have indeed been having terrible lag issues on 2.5.6 and can't seem to narrow it to one thing although we've tried everything even going so far as to rebuild the entire mission.

is there no way to 100% disable the game chat ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Interesting thread - can also confirm desync and horrendous lag issues since 2.5.6 on multiplayer.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

@BigNewy

Thanks for the update.You stated "dedicated server unable to disable voice chat" however there is no mention of the fact that I am seeing VoiceChat stuff in my client logs despite voice chat being disabled in my client.

Can you confirm if the client honouring settings is also investigated and reported? I don't want only the dedicated server I am playing on to be able to determine if I have voice chat enabled or not. I want my client to honour my client settings as well

Edited by rurounijones

Reported,

dedicated server unable to disable voice chat

Please note It's not only dedicated server, also full client setup hosting mission has the same trouble. ( it's the same as this thread )

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

@BigNewy

Changelog: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.5.6.45915/

"Known issue: VC availability is controlled by client’s setting only, ignoring server options"

Again, this does not match what we have reported. It was ignoring client settings as well as far as we have been able to tell. My client had voice chat disabled but it still appeared to be activating.

Can you confirm this is how you have understood the bug report. Or is the issue that if one person's client Voice chat is enabled then everyones is also enabled? Or did you guys fix the fact that client settings weren't honoured and not list it in the Changelog?

Could we please get some clarity around what you understand the issue to be; because right now what we are saying and what you are saying is reported do not seem to match.

Edited by rurounijones

• ED Team

The report is still open and we are making more changes, might be in the next patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Confirmed on the 104th.

We've jumped through a huge number of hoops to try and sort the server stability out and nothing seems to help, hoping we can return to 2.5.5 stability levels after this gets addressed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

At this point I see very little reason to spend time and resources on a voip feature that only causes issues and lag (more UDP packet traffic). Either do it right or dont screw everyone over for months in the process. Most people use other very well established means that cause no lag or additional game packet traffic such as SRS and Discord. So please either make this a fully server side option or remove it in its entirity.

• ED Team
At this point I see very little reason to spend time and resources on a voip feature that only causes issues and lag (more UDP packet traffic). Either do it right or dont screw everyone over for months in the process. Most people use other very well established means that cause no lag or additional game packet traffic such as SRS and Discord. So please either make this a fully server side option or remove it in its entirity.

We are making changes which will hopefully be in the next patch.

Voice chat is in early stages currently and development will continue, so please have a little faith

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that testing open beta is not right way for you, why not stick with stable/release version?

• rurounijones changed the title to Voice chat on client/server despite being disabled, causing lag.