Technically inclined, but lacking SA

I have just shy of 50 hours now.

I started with A10 and completed Basic Training and I am halfway through Advanced training.

I switched over to the Hornet for a bit, but I am extremely ineffective when A2A exists :( I watch my TacViews, but I have no idea what to do to make myself better. (Playing Ode to Mongo currently) I am not convinced that I don't have a resolution issue (I have a 34" Ultrawide at 3440 x 1440. I feel like I can see things better in VR (except things in the cockpit :/)

I wish I had buddies to play with locally to compare and contrast notes (hell I even built 3 computers to run a local session, but no one to play with)

I really want to fly with someone that can help coach me some. I have watched SO many videos and read so many manuals, but it doesn't mean **** without practice.

Are there any servers running scheduled training missions? It's hard to find time because of my work, but if there are scheduled events I will try VERY hard to make them. I REALLY love this kind of gaming and I am VERY VERY impressed by what ED and Third Party Teams put into this. Thank you so much!

Edited by station2station

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

Im in San Antonio. I fly the 16 but am also looking for someone to fly with. I usually fly 8-10pm central time give or take. Im still in the training phase myself so I probably wouldn't be much of a coach.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

My best advice when learning BFM is to start against inferior aircraft. This way you can develop the SA that comes with seeing angle-off, when to go into lag pursuit, and a general sight picture without having to worry about reacting. Start with a bomber and work lead turns and intercept angles. Then go against something like a Su-25. Then work your way up from the easier to the more difficult fighters. You'll see your SA improve as you recognize situations and angles, so you'll be ahead of the tactical scenario instead of reacting to it.

It's threads like this I wish there was a type of "match-making" app that can sort people by Geo, time and topic - pve, pvp, training.

I wince at folks being unable to find someone online in a relatively small community, knowing that learning with someone is the fastest and most rewarding benefit that DCS has to offer.

Surely, in this day and age there is some way to make this process smoother? I've offered countless times to do 1 on 1 on the broadest of topics, and I never got any pickups.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I'd stay with VR as it's more natural to look around. MP way is best to join some training squad or DCS Academy. In SP you can play with AI in a staged scenarios a lot quicker and repeat as much as you need.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

When I first got into flight simming (mid-1990's) I didn't have access to MP due to the early days of the internet etc. I don't feel like I knew what I was doing till the day in the early 2000's when I got online and joined a squad.

Really is the way to learn stuff, being in a like-minded group and being able to work together on stuff.

Invaluable!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

I appreciate the responses!

I will likely be reaching out to some of yall in a PM soon.

Right now, I am finding the MOST effective thing for me right now is the [4YA] servers. They are VERY newbie friendly and is helping me learn the game very effectively. Come find me there!

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier