Helicopter EFM Demo

Hello nibbylot,

I have just discovered and tested your mod for the 1st time today, and I want to thank you and congratulate you for this gift that you are giving to all helicopter lovers on DCS, but also to those who, like me, try to produce mods despite the little documentation provided by ED.

I admit that I find it hard to imagine how you could produce a work of such quality.

Good luck for the rest of your work. I'm sure there are many of us who follow and appreciate them.

cheers

1730_b06_042.jpg

with the syria map on its way, can one of you talented livery artists produce and israeli skin for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Hey, how cool is that ??! This little beast was missing in DCS. I hope and wish you much success, hopefully V0.3 was not the last. But now I'm having fun with it :-)

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Any update nibbly?

Screen-200731-202922.png

Screen-200731-202932.png

couple shots in action

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Progress is very slow at the moment so I went ahead and put up version 0.35 since it will be awhile for the next version.

whats new:

- Added zoom axis

- Changed rockets in loadout from practice to HE and added White Phosphorus

- Added menu background by Silvrav

- Added segmented display to fuel gauge

EFM

- Lift now affected by missing rotor blades

- Further reduced pitch-back at high speed

- First implementation of ground effect and VRS introduced

- Added experimental N2 and TOT simulation

Thanks for the update!

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Thank you for the work and the last update.

The flight model has improved as a result.

Thanks a lot for this.

In general, it is great to gain flight experience with this small and agile helicopter.

Especially in VR it is fantastic to fly the AH-6 at low altitude.

Thumbs up and keep up the good work.

Edited by Tiphys

i5 - 8600K ~ 4ghz GeForce RTX 2080 32Gb DDR4 Windows 10 Oculus Rift S

Finally had a chance to take V3 for a proper flight, I like the changes to the Flightmodel, its much more stable now.

cw1.png

Again more perfect, but in the speed does not have collective control almost any influence on the change of height against much heavier UH-1.

Larger sensibility collective and would be perfect helicopter.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Hi nibbylot.

Yesterday I flew your AH-6 Mod with some friends from our DCS Helicopter Squadron.

What can I say, we had a lot of fun with the little bird.

We really hope you continue. Should you ever turn the free model into a module to pay for, then I'll be happy to buy it. Hard work should also be worthwhile.

Please keep doing your great work. :thumbup:

Your new fan

Crash

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

A small request: in future versions, can the aiming dot on the cockpit glass be "erasable" , as in added or removed on the refuel and rearming window? Often I enjoy flying this unarmed, and in vr, sometimes that dot brings back memories of the "optigrab" for the movie "The Jerk"

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has made any missions with this mod that they'd like to share then I can add them to the instant action missions in the next update.

A small request: in future versions, can the aiming dot on the cockpit glass be "erasable" , as in added or removed on the refuel and rearming window? Often I enjoy flying this unarmed, and in vr, sometimes that dot brings back memories of the "optigrab" for the movie "The Jerk"

Sure I could do something like that. Maybe not in the rearming window but in the ME or options section. In the mean time you can open up the texture for it and just erase the dot.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this demo. This should be part of the DCS download as a free unit.

Downloading and playing it to try out what helo's are like - I can see some $'s been spent in the near future on other modules! I would have done this ages ago if I had have had the same experience - I just never knew this existed!

Thanks heaps!

I figured youd like it. Ull probably like the gazelle as well, but youll have to tune your axes , then itll fly normal

This mod, tho, is great fun. Small enough to try and land anywhere, handles nice without tweaking it. Wish there were some liveries for it . I dont know if the project has stalled - life outside of DCS happens- but what is here is impressive work as is

System:

Its GREAT !

A bit twitchy and sensitive, but otherwise great. If you can handle Gazelle, you can handle loach.

Does need smoothing of cyclic and cyclic trim set via trigger, like on other DCS choppers, but otherwise great.

Startup is simple. Maybe a bit too simple. YT videos, show much more attention paid to TOT during start up.

This is a great free MOD. I hope that ED or 3rd party developer gets together with these guys, if they agree, and bring loach to full DCS module.

Great job! Great job!

+20%

Definately needed. Since Casmo already told PC to remove theirs from the KW, it's just legit.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

+20%

Definately needed. Since Casmo already told PC to remove theirs from the KW, it's just legit.

He did? I didn't know that. I like ghe idea of having it selectable in the rearm/refuel window, or in mission editor

System: