Helicopter EFM Demo

just a suggestion, but its a texture in the textures folder with a very obvious name from memory, have you tried deleting the content of the file? I know having it able to be turned off would be the ideal response to your request, but just thinking in an interim state it might solve your problem.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thanx. I hadnt looked into it, TBH life has been happening a bit too much lately and severely limiting my flight time. It happens

Edit: i tried, i renamed the dot, was left with no dot but instead a square where the dot wouldve been

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yeah dont delete the texture file, delete the dot from the content so the texture is just a transparent file.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thats excellent news..not the dot, but that this project is still alive& kicking!

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Hello, I am interested in using this technique to implement a Chinook but I am having trouble finding the proper data for one. The closest thing I could find is this on PDF page 84, but the scan quality is terrible so I'm unable to make out the numbers.

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/19760017177/downloads/19760017177.pdf?attachment=true

I was wondering if anyone could find any better source in similar format to NASA CR-3144. Like how the AH-6 uses OH-6 data, I am fine with data for any CH-47 or similar model (CH-46, YHC-1A, whatever). Thank you!

Well my previous comment did not age well. There is an update but also some news about this project as a whole.

First I have released an update to have the option to remove the aiming dot and the textures are finally unwrapped so liveries may be done, big thanks to Particleman for that.

0.4 13 Oct

- Added option to remove aiming dot (under special options)

- External textures unwrapped and new basic textures thanks to Particleman

- Added cold start procedure to kneeboard

- Fixed bug where using the ']' key to cycle kneeboard pages moved idle cutoff and shut down engine

- Engine sound fixed (due to DCS update)

- RWR updated to more closely match real APR-39 display

- Added main menu logo

- Rockets able to be loaded when weapon plank removed - fixed

As for this project as of today I will no longer be updating it or working on it, indefinitely. I will explain why in the future.

Edited by nibbylot

I hope this means perhaps nibbylot is in talks with a dev to bring this to full release status, something id gladly pay for. I brought it up on the polychop discord, i think it was, cuz they have an affinity for light helos but someone expressed doubt based on this variant being in service....i dont care what version it is...500d, oh-6..i just wanna don a Hawaiian shirt, slap this livery on it and channel my inner magnum PI

magnum-helicopter-and-ferrari-sean-davey-canvas-print.jpg

System:

i only got to mess around with it for a few minutes, but looking better. wish there was a paint kit avail before you shut the project down indefinitely

thanx for everything so far tho!

System:

Thank you nibbylot for your work, I am sad that you can't continue, but I am greatfull for what you accomplished. Would you mind if the community continues your work? I would be interested in creating textures (cockpit and exterior) for this module. If this is acceptable send me a pm.

Regards,

Whisky

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any tip video to twist the controls to make it easier to control? I love it but sometimes is like mounting a mad mule over a skateboard on top of a champagne glass tower, and I think I need something less sensitive. Anyone?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!