Helicopter EFM Demo

i think this light should be white.

we had some issues with our mods, the landing light turns into purple.

the code must changed for the light

btw: nibbylot thanks for this nice mod. (i made an DCS-BIOS profile for it)

i think this light should be white.

we had some issues with our mods, the landing light turns into purple.

the code must changed for the light

btw: nibbylot thanks for this nice mod. (i made an DCS-BIOS profile for it)

Pity I liked the purple. Theres no option to get an internal light for the player A/C. I tried both lighting options configured. I am quite enjoying this module for learning rotary wing, Would be nice to have VRS and Ground efffect, but its teaching the basics quite well while I wait for Kiowa.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

GS2000 vibes

Screen-200705-193859.png

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

I'm sure he said he's mainly interested in doing the FM. Another forum member has offered to help with textures although I don't know if that's going ahead.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'm sure he said he's mainly interested in doing the FM. Another forum member has offered to help with textures although I don't know if that's going ahead.

For what I understood from other media, seems like so. The title of this post is what states :].

So guess EFM is the focus, what it is just great IMO, I believe, really few of us could tackle such a big task, at least not me...

Skins and new features, I asked some myself... seems not to be the main goal. And I do totally respect that.

Any further model, surfacing, features or eye candy would be very welcome, but having a great EFM with ground effect, vortex, and so on would be even better IMO.

In the end, with patience, I have the feeling that it will all come together.

Export the I description.lua it to create a texture is not enough.

livery = {

{"02 - Default", DIFFUSE , "ah6_glass", false};

{"05 - Default", DIFFUSE , "black_test", false};

{"light glass", DIFFUSE , "ah6_lights", false};

{"Material #0", DIFFUSE , "black_test", false};

{"instruments", DIFFUSE , "ah6_cockpit1", false};

{"metal toggles", DIFFUSE , "ah6_cockpit1", false};

{"06 - Default", DIFFUSE , "ah6_aimingdot", false};

{"bano", DIFFUSE , "ah6_lights", false};

}

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

[...]Before downloading please know that this is not originally designed to be an end user mod and the aircraft is very unfinished.[...]

just putting that in here to remind people that this isnt an end user mod but an example for people who like to create thier own EFM.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

just putting that in here to remind people that this isnt an end user mod but an example for people who like to create thier own EFM.

People will only maybe understand that if you keep posting it at the beginning of every page ;)

I think very one understand that it's just a EFM Template for Chopper and in the same time, People, want to see that as MOD ... So

I think, lets people make it the first OPEN Mod; every one can contribute with it's knowledge and put some of time on it ! Textures, Models, Code ...

it will be a Full "MOD Template" from scratch rater then just EFM template, one place database it'll save years of research for dreamers ...

MOD Logo - 100.png

I've been trying to teach myself about modding and so Maybe a question for the textures/liveries thread, I had a go at the texture the other day because I want to understand how the bits fit together.

The issue is that the texture files not been mapped in the 3d editor as I understand so it repeats over the model rather than each part of the file mapping to an area. My understanding is that to fix that you need to UV unwrap the file and then anchor that back onto the model so theres a reference point for each area of the 3d skin on the texture fileI dont quite get that last part but understand you need the unwrapped model to bones to identify how the texture lays out.

I also had a go playing around with the liveries, just to see if I could turn it blue etc with a copy of the original file block filled another colour, but I think theirs something unmapped in the config there as I could get the livery to load in model editor but not to apply to the model, I tried a few things like rationalising the naming on the folders, editing the liveries path in entry.lua but something else I couldn't see or find a reference to was stopping the model from grabbing the liveries.

From what Nibblys said he has a guy working on it, so I think its just a case of waiting, but if anyone knows of a good tutorial on how textures and liveries interact with objects, rather than just how they are painted I am currently trying to find something to explain how the lower level bits interact

cw1.png

starting on the runway, pushing the collective, no any other thing, just collective, it start go up and spin on it self in the same time ! have to put some rudder to keep it in line not like Ka50, does forward or backward but not spin with the rotor to th right side !!

Yes that is normal helicopter physics. Your main rotor starts rotate your fuselage as well to opposite direction. Why you have anti-torque rotor in your tail.

The KA-50 rotors rotate opposite directions, why they cancel each other out and no anti-torque rotor is required.

The KA-50 use each rotor air drag to perform turns, so when you example push right pedal, then the other rotor angle of attack is increased and other decreased, this generates air drag to increased one and your helicopter rotates by the effect. Beauty of this is that your total lift stays same so you don't lose or gain altitude.

Downside is, when you are at max collective (collective as you as possible) then both rotors angle of attack is maximum and you don't have means to commands drag separation, so you can't turn well at all. What you need to do is to lower collective little bit to give an authority to get turning force.

The KA-50 8s a bad helicopter to learn helicopters as it teaches for bad habits because its easy flight characters, so your hands and feets don't learn the proper thinking like with traditional helicopters.

With traditional helicopters tour hands and feets are constantly balancing helicopter with all three inputs, and as they change by speed, altitude, weight, attitude etc, you are literally balancing a vehicle that tries to kill you.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes that is normal helicopter physics. Your main rotor starts rotate your fuselage as well to opposite direction. Why you have anti-torque rotor in your tail.

The KA-50 rotors rotate opposite directions, why they cancel each other out and no anti-torque rotor is required.

The KA-50 use each rotor air drag to perform turns, so when you example push right pedal, then the other rotor angle of attack is increased and other decreased, this generates air drag to increased one and your helicopter rotates by the effect. Beauty of this is that your total lift stays same so you don't lose or gain altitude.

Downside is, when you are at max collective (collective as you as possible) then both rotors angle of attack is maximum and you don't have means to commands drag separation, so you can't turn well at all. What you need to do is to lower collective little bit to give an authority to get turning force.

The KA-50 8s a bad helicopter to learn helicopters as it teaches for bad habits because its easy flight characters, so your hands and feets don't learn the proper thinking like with traditional helicopters.

With traditional helicopters tour hands and feets are constantly balancing helicopter with all three inputs, and as they change by speed, altitude, weight, attitude etc, you are literally balancing a vehicle that tries to kill you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All of this!

thank you Fri13, my first and last experience on helo turns on the Ka50, that's why, the first time where I experienced torque is on the AH6 MOD, so I thought that is a kind of problem cuz the back rotor should keep the helo stable without human intervention, so I was wrong, human or autopilot system (flight system) must be there to constantly correct things.

keep learning Helo aerodynamics :)

MOD Logo - 100.png

thank you Fri13, my first and last experience on helo turns on the Ka50, that's why, the first time where I experienced torque is on the AH6 MOD, so I thought that is a kind of problem cuz the back rotor should keep the helo stable without human intervention, so I was wrong, human or autopilot system (flight system) must be there to constantly correct things.

keep learning Helo aerodynamics :)

Nope, meat bag in the pilot chair gets to control how much turn they want by increasing or decreasing the effectiveness of the tail rotor :D

After the first hour or two it starts to get fun. If you fly it under MTWO its also a lot better fun.

cw1.png

BUG (I Think)

EFM Demo caused the guns not to fire in the Gazelle Lima tried it twice and wen the EFM Demo is uninstalled they work again. My be just a coincident. But has I say each time I uninstalled it Gazelle Lima guns worked

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

No issues here, are you sure you have all the weapon switches on - master arm, pylon arm selector & pylon power switch, and the sight glass in the down position?

Screen_200712_132422.thumb.png.27748c14fc7aafdf27e95e9ce326b797.png

Screen_200712_132435.thumb.png.eaca9052d41bf3a358356b6afe1f4a47.png

Screen_200712_133106.thumb.png.1eaee85c2aa310bf1083756b98c21d5e.png

Screen_200712_133838.thumb.png.6249bd7279890ed71b683639a965f8f6.png

Screen_200712_133846.thumb.png.730ee667c5af98fd290cb2effd90bd08.png

Screen_200712_134005.thumb.png.6781145f3151b85d8ec219027e81b401.png

Screen_200712_133953.thumb.png.4dfc6a8f93d067cb0981761827cb0724.png

Screen_200712_133857.thumb.png.225e5200402548dfdf1121475f9451e2.png

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

It might be unreasonable of me to ask, but I just have to ask anyway!

Is there any chance someone could work to add the TOW anti-tank missile to this heli?

In the 1980's and 90's the MD-500 Defender was often sold with TOW, and I believe that this may have even been used for a couple of years in USA covert use in the Gulf.

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD_500_Defender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEASPRAY

Basically, the TOW variant would have a missile pod on each side, the pods holding two missiles each. The passenger side bottom front windscreen was replaced with a mount and turret for an electrooptics (and maybe thermal imager?) gunsight for guiding the missiles onto target. In many ways this was like the BO-105 antitank, or the Gazelle antitank variants.

MD_500_orthographical_image.svg

Edited by Rick50

It might be unreasonable of me to ask, but I just have to ask anyway!

Is there any chance someone could work to add the TOW anti-tank missile to this heli?

In the 1980's and 90's the MD-500 Defender was often sold with TOW, and I believe that this may have even been used for a couple of years in USA covert use in the Gulf.

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD_500_Defender

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEASPRAY

Basically, the TOW variant would have a missile pod on each side, the pods holding two missiles each. The passenger side bottom front windscreen was replaced with a mount and turret for an electrooptics (and maybe thermal imager?) gunsight for guiding the missiles onto target. In many ways this was like the BO-105 antitank, or the Gazelle antitank variants.

MD_500_orthographical_image.svg

It'll not be possible at this time, the guided Weapon are not available for public use, you can't develop such us system without Third party SDK, only rockets and free fall bombs just because they are thrown out freely :joystick:

MOD Logo - 100.png

Threat Index added, not a great deal to say about Helos except dont get too close...

ah6.png

cw1.png

no tiene forma de estabilizarlo es muy inestable en modo real y vuelo facil le falta destruccion me cai y no se rompio encima disparaba

@THEDYQUIROZ,

lo que nos proporcionó nibbylot es simplemente excepcional. Lamento que no lo sepas.

En cuanto al uso del mod en su versión actual, es perfectamente controlable. Lo acabo de instalar y pude sin dificultad aterrizar en todas partes (suelo, torre de control, edificios, ...)

En resumen, creo que si no tienes éxito, es probablemente que te falte un poco de entrenamiento.

Por lo demás, te invito a respetar un poco más el trabajo que algunos brindan a toda la comunidad, o por lo menos a mediar tus comentarios.

Y si realmente echa de menos ciertos aspectos del mod ofrecido, tal vez deberías ponerte a trabajar para realizar mejoras de calidad equivalentes a la base que se nos proporciono.