Yak-52 progress?

Flarpt

• ED Team
Just now, BIGNEWY said:

yes long overdue, the team is aware. As soon as there is free dev time we hope to give the yak-52 some love.

please see my previous reply

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Yak-52 progress?
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • ED Team
11 minutes ago, spinaker said:

2022, any news?

The news is the team need to find time for this project and currently it is difficult as they have a busy schedule. If I hear any more news I will let you all know. 

thanks

• Thanks 5

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY Whilst your community work is great and this update is appreciated, the response has worn thinner than a thin thing on Thinday in Thinville.

The reason they are busy is because they've been given new projects before finishing the Yak. Repeating that response now just makes it WORSE.

It is a fun aircraft but the immersion factor is through the floor. (You clearly also know this.)

I know that you personally say that you keep bringing it up with the devs, but you are being ignored and so are we. It's very poor form and honestly it takes the "Mickey" out of those of us who have been waiting a very very very long time for what appear to be simple issues to resolve.

You are being professionally embarassed on this issue and it is time to do something to move the problem up the chain of command, going over the head of whoever is blocking a resolution, if you have to. If it is coming from the top then a written apology would be an excellent starting point.

Being a customer care professional at one time myself, I cannot understand, from an E.D. corporate standpoint, how senior management are willing to allow this nonesense to continue to damage their reputation. At the very least, it is time for E.D. to hold their hands up and begin some form of customer care resolution initiative, with regard to this missold product, (it IS starting to have a strong whiff of abandonware.) I.e. OFFER of a refund/free single engine prop module of choice/something/ANYTHING but a continuation of the fobbing off of Yak 52 module owners.

You can't keep flogging the same dead horse forever, well you can, but it just looks ridiculous.

Rather than just "moaning" I will clarify so that you have something sensible to take to management:

Context:

The release trailer date is 3 Aug 2018. (3 yrs & 5 months, 41 months or 1246 days.) "W.I.P" or E.A. is part E.D business model but is being devalued by Yak 52

Right now the Yak is 2nd item down on the DCS/Home/Products/Planes web page  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/index.php?PAGEN_1=2

Some examples of inaccurate text on the Yak "Details" page are:

1:The DCS: Yak-52 provides a realistic pilot training progression......

2:Detailed and realistic simulation of post-stall behavior that allows edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. (Until you hit the ground or another object.)

3:Complete systems modelling of the Yak-52 that includes the engine, fuel, electrical and pneumatic systems. (How long can a real Yak run with its temps in the red?)

4:Cooperative multiplayer. Fly with a friend in the same aircraft. (Great! just not online, people avoid servers with the Yak because of its weaponised airframe.)

Not much else needs saying after watching that does it? Please don't try to mug us off any more:

Mr Grey, THIS, is all well and good BUT has a "believe by" date in the eyes of your Yak 52 CUSTOMERS:

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/09/23/eagle-dynamics-founder-nick-grey-responds-to-early-access-controversy/

Enough is surely enough now.

I hope others will chime in, in support, otherwise we might as well all just accept what we have now and realise we have been taken for fools.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,

RDG

Edited by RaveyDaveyGravy
typo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 9

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have passed you feedback to the team. 

Thanks 

bignewy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would like to say that I love the little Yak having only just recently purchased her. And I am sure the BigNew guy is doing what he can.

I also understand that the team is fixing up some of our older assets like the B-52 and S-3.

With the upcoming MB-339 and Mirage F-1 releases, I hope ED realizes that there is a core of us guys who love the older birds. For us it's not about how many spamrams  and GPS glide bombs we can punch off from 20 miles. We appreciate the immersion of flying something on the PC that has a storied past, steam gauges, and requires a little skill to operate.

Please ED give some attention to the little YAK (and the other older modules which we love so dearly). 

Edited by Zeagle
  • Like 16

On 1/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, Zeagle said:

I would like to say that I love the little Yak having only just recently purchased her. And I am sure the BigNew guy is doing what he can.

I also understand that the team is fixing up some of our older assets like the B-52 and S-3.

With the upcoming MB-339 and Mirage F-1 releases, I hope ED realizes that there is a core of us guys who love the older birds. For us it's not about how many spamrams  and GPS glide bombs we can punch off from 20 miles. We appreciate the immersion of flying something on the PC that has a storied past, steam gauges, and requires a little skill to operate.

Please ED give some attention to the little YAK (and the other older modules which we love so dearly). 

I agree it would be nice to have the older modules brought up to current standards but that costs in money and time and is really value added to something that is perhaps knocking on for 6-8 years old. The nature of DCS is that things move along and older stuff no longer looks as good which ED would likely argue is reflected in the module pricing. 

The Yak is a different case of course to say the Mil-8 as the Yak has never been truly right since release (so I understand - dont own it - the complaints and abandonware feeling of it put me off). I can fully understand the upset being told that devs dont have time to finish what they started (and promised). 

In the case of older module Id much more prefer ED to work on fixing stuff that changes to the core brings such as the mirrored finish in the Hip cockpit than put the resources into a full rebuild. That way whatever time there is available isnt concentrated on one thing for protracted periods of time. Reality is that as time passes more and more modules will fall into the second division bracket graphically and ED simply dont have the resources to do much more than keep running up and down an even expanding line of spinning plates. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 1/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, Boosterdog said:

I agree it would be nice to have the older modules brought up to current standards but that costs in money and time and is really value added to something that is perhaps knocking on for 6-8 years old. The nature of DCS is that things move along and older stuff no longer looks as good which ED would likely argue is reflected in the module pricing. 

I dare to contradict you. If you go to any game shop and try to buy a game/dlc like YAK52 is, meaning 5 years old soon and "early access"... you will not get it at the same price like it was launched. Games and DLCs +4 years old usually are at a bargain or free.
Now, I have little problems for ED to keep asking for 40$ (please don't take the often 50% discount price in discussion as is just part of the debatable poor marketing strategy ED is employing on their ecosystem arguably choking it for years). There are places where such pricing strategy (the one where pricing is kept for long time at same price as the launch one - not the small market milking by overpricing and pressure release by frequent sales) ) is  more than acceptable and for sure in this airsim market would go very well. IF! The game and DLCs are constantly upgraded and kept up to date with public demands. Meaning at this moment for example the YAK52 has hardly any value for ED and it could be sold for 5-10$ but it is already years since they changed the pricing and sales strategy to give more pedigree and "durability" to their product line... which is... fine... whatever. But the modules should be constantly kept up to latest standards. At least visually. Why at least visually? Because this is primarily what drives sales to the mases that can really bring money for development. Milking few thousands that "would pay anything" for their favorite childhood wet dream plane then giving for the rest a break in sales period is just a slow coma.

ED tried and still pushes the "Ka-50 2, 3" strategy and I can only hope they wake up from this losing on all fronts stratagem. You break compatibility and annoy community only to gain fewer and fewer sales to end up with a broken ecosystem. 5000 buy module x. 2500 buy module x-2 and so on. In the end you have amess everywhere.

So, no. It shouldn't be understandable "it costs money to keep modules up to date" if they are priced at constant value. It is literally what keeps their sales! Unless it doesn't... like in this case which shows that the module(s) was a bad choice of investment. Is the current "team has no time to fulfill the module please continue to pay us full price" a solution? I am not sure.

I have said previously that I would prefer more that "dead"/"bad investments" modules be offered for free as they can really increase the sales of the other modules. Save and use what you can in your advantage strategy. Yak52 could be given even as opensource where possible... but...

I was an early advocate of "demo mode" like there is now, ED did actually surpassed my expectations and in doing so it made it clear is not going to work either. I mean... I do try modules and slowly buy them but mostly at sales or when frankly I receive them modules or money to buy them as gift. Literally true in my case.
However... what I see in others is they try the modules for two weeks then move to other sim. If they buy them... IF! They buy them ONLY at sales. Practically shooting ED in the foot with their own strategy of milking small market with big pricing strategy.

IMO... YAK can go with TF51 and Su25T for free. WW2 Asset pack should join them also (I own it but... it just breaks community). ED should concentrate on growing market share beyond the thick walls they've build around this small little shop. SoMe other$ showed very well it can be done with a bang.

my same 2c

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• ED Team

We have a free trial system, you can try any module for free for two weeks, if you dont like it you dont have to buy it. 

As for not liking our strategy, there is a reason we are one of the longest producers in the industry for flight sims while others have gone by the wayside. Our strategy has kept us going in this niche market for over 25 years.

thanks

• Like 7

Bignewy, you first statement is rather unusual as per topic subject. It's like saying if you don't like my bad apples don't buy them. Well, first of all, most of us here bought them already.
The second paragraph might be just a survivor bias, watch out, big bad wolf is on the buying spree. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

24.01.2022 в 23:29, BIGNEWY сказал:

As for not liking our strategy, there is a reason we are one of the longest producers in the industry for flight sims while others have gone by the wayside. Our strategy has kept us going in this niche market for over 25 years.

Does ED strategy includes finishing Як-52? Or at least inform customers about the future of Як-52 in DCS?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
22 minutes ago, spinaker said:

Does ED strategy includes finishing Як-52? Or at least inform customers about the future of Як-52 in DCS?

When we have news to share we will let you know. 

thanks

5 ore fa, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

When we have news to share we will let you know. 

thanks

Hi @BIGNEWY, I sincerely appreciate your effort of staying in communication with us as customers and I know it is absolutely not your fault about the situation of the Yak but this time I have to agree with the others.

For sure thanks to you we know that ED is aware of the problems of this module but now it's starting to get repetitive, the module has been released in 2018 and since then there hasn't been any major update and ok, i get it, bigger modules step over it and I can deal with it for one year or two (being generous) but this is a bit too much. I want to remind the developers that the Yak still doesn't have a damage model nor engine management model and it still doesn't fly straight!! The only thing an unarmed plane should do: fly straight.

I play DCS for seven years, I enjoy very much the simulator, the Hornet is an amazing module and still my favourite one, and the other planes are amazing as well and you'll always have my support but please, let's finish the little Yak, after 4 years of silense it deserves some love.

• Like 3

• ED Team

I have seen some action start happening around the Yak project, I am not making promises or giving estimates, but its possible the light maybe be visible at the end of the tunnel, that said, these threads are not helpful either, we know everyone that has bought the Yak-52 wants to see it completed, everyone at ED does as well, its just a matter of fitting it in, I think we might start seeing something soon, but as BN said, when we have news we will be overjoyed to share it.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:38 PM, ngreenaway said:

I really don't understand the logic behind not having an armed version as an option.

I asked the team early on, and the armed version basically never worked in the real deal, all those pictures you see of it with the big rocket launchers, yeah those pretty much stopped the aircraft in the air. 

Understand that this aircraft was made for a private contract, they got what they wanted out of it and then allowed us to sell to all of you, extra work on it is beyond the original contract, it will be done, but has to fit into our DCS World schedule.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png