HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

So, those of us who pre bought will get theirs before they go on sale in stores? Great.

Just cancel the pre-order, before it ships. If it looks like the eye tracking version is maybe a few months more of a wait I may just hold off on the purchase. Although it`s unlikely DCS will be able to take advantage in the near future.

What the point of the eye tracking though? I only saw them talk about the use for social applications so other people could see if you are smiling, where you are looking etc.

No one has talked about foveated rendering for a while which was the first obvious use of eye tracking to increase performance. So if it wont give me a performance just then so be it if no one knows where ny eyes are looking.

Weird. In netherlands de g2 will be available on september 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These expected delivery dates are all just marketing hype. Kind of like a solid wood cabinet I have had my eyes on for about a month. I almost clicked the "buy" button on August 18th (it was $400.00 off regular price), because the ad for it said "Sale price expires on August 19th." Just looked at it again today, and its the same price, but now it says "Sale price expires on August 31st". Good thing I didn't believe the hype. :lol:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

These expected delivery dates are all just marketing hype. Kind of like a solid wood cabinet I have had my eyes on for about a month. I almost clicked the "buy" button on August 18th (it was $400.00 off regular price), because the ad for it said "Sale price expires on August 19th." Just looked at it again today, and its the same price, but now it says "Sale price expires on August 31st". Good thing I didn't believe the hype. :lol:

No worries. I use after pay. Hahaha :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

400 usd off the price?

the g2 is 599, always been at this price, where did you find it for 400?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

400 usd off the price?

the g2 is 599, always been at this price, where did you find it for 400?

He is talking about a sale price on a solid wood cabinet.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

He is talking about a sale price on a solid wood cabinet.

:smilewink:

my apology.....

anyway I've placed a preorder as well on amazon.es (they ship across all Eurpean countries)

As per amazon email : availability from 1st october , tough I guess it's just a mandatory date the seller (amazon) has to put on.

Can't wait!!!:):):thumbup::thumbup:

this is gonna be my 1st VR headset :megalol:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

my apology.....

anyway I've placed a preorder as well on amazon.es (they ship across all Eurpean countries)

As per amazon email : availability from 1st october , tough I guess it's just a mandatory date the seller (amazon) has to put on.

Can't wait!!!:):):thumbup::thumbup:

this is gonna be my 1st VR headset :megalol:

You are lucky, here in the States the only option was through the Connection outfit. I wish it had been offered through Amazon here instead. I know with my Amazon Prime account I get it in like 1 day and have 30 days to return for any reason should I not like it. Or if anything is wrong with it they send out a replacement without asking for the original to be returned first. That came in real handy for me when I got my first Rift S. Had the replacement in one day and had 30 days to return the original.

I do love Amazon.

So I am rolling the dice with Connection and hoping for the best.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

FYI. Uh ho!

Rumour. No idea if there is any truth to it. Que sera, sera.

This was reported about 5 pages ago! Worldwide shipping in October.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

FYI. Uh ho!

Rumour. No idea if there is any truth to it. Que sera, sera.

Call me Mr Cynical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft are behind the delays. They have aligned themselves with HP, and have said that the ONLY headset that will initially receive support for MSFS2020 is the G2. It’s my guess that they are struggling to get the sim ready and have leant on HP to slow things up a bit. Just a theory, but money talks, and MS have plenty of it.

Call me Mr Cynical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft are behind the delays. They have aligned themselves with HP, and have said that the ONLY headset that will initially receive support for MSFS2020 is the G2. It’s my guess that they are struggling to get the sim ready and have leant on HP to slow things up a bit. Just a theory, but money talks, and MS have plenty of it.

What on earth difference would it make to MS FS if the headset was released prior to support in the game?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Because Microsoft like to make a song and dance about everything. And if their new baby was ready to use with the G2 from day one, then it would limit people finding other, non-MS sims from the off. Exclusivity is a big thing to MS.

Why do you think that MS have said that the ONLY headset to receive initial support will be the G2? It’s because that is the headset with Microsoft on the side of the box. They want to drive sales of the headset as well as the flight sim.

Edited by bilbosmeggins

Of course they want to drive sales, but the headset being available prior to compatibility wouldn't affect that. Bear in mind that the flight sim community is a very small one, and the VR flight sim is even smaller. In addition, the VR market is not in any way dominated by flight sims. Far from it.

Yes but MS are trying to change all of that with MSFS. Word is that they already have a larger user base than every other current flight sim combined. Which, after a matter of just a few days is startling. And the fact it’s going Xbox is testimony to the ambitions they have.

Yes, but nothing new there. For many years, each new generation of MSFS has been the dominant flight sim title.

Yes, but nothing new there. For many years, each new generation of MSFS has been the dominant flight sim title.

I realise that, but PC is niche, Xbox is mainstream. This is something that will potentially go much further than any current, or bygone flight sim. They have invested an awful lot of time and money this time around.

And don’t forget, Microsoft have openly stated that VR support will be ready for the launch of the G2. They aim to choreograph both events.

I realise that, but PC is niche, Xbox is mainstream. This is something that will potentially go much further than any current, or bygone flight sim. They have invested an awful lot of time and money this time around.

And don’t forget, Microsoft have openly stated that VR support will be ready for the launch of the G2. They aim to choreograph both events.

Good grief, if PC is 'niche', then flight sim PC hardly registers! Anyway, I wasn't aware that XBox supported VR.

fyi, MSFS on steam was was the 61'st most popular title today with 14, 317 people active.

War thunder was 20th with 24664 people. So I guess we know who the king of flight sims is then :)

I don't know what figures are for people that got it through xbox store but pretty much no one pays for it there they get it through their monthly subscription.

Okay, so to completely ruin my conspiracy theory (assuming they are telling the truth ;) ), I’ve just received an update to my order from Bestware:

We would like to inform you about the status of your HP Reverb G2 pre-order.

HP has informed us that the Reverb G2 is currently being equipped with new, improved lenses in the production process. This upgrade will further increase the quality of the product, but according to HP it is accompanied by a slight delay in the initial delivery to all dealers. Based on the new availability date communicated to us by HP, we expect your order to be shipped by the end of October.

Due to the increased number of inquiries and in order to be able to help you as quickly as possible, we ask you to reply to this e-mail and refrain from other contact channels.