HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

Ordered mine the day they opened up pre orders in Canada (Aug 6 IIRC). My G2 shipped yesterday on the 10th according to the email I just got this morning, I should have it Friday. Yay.

I've got my 3090s installed, one machine is 10900k, and hoping for more good news this AM as my dealer said he'd have my Ryzen 5900x in today sometime as well. I'll be able to do some tests with both the 3090/3080 10900k/5900x combos with the G2 this weekend, should all go well - we're on the tail end of a blizzard weather system right now, so shipping may be a bit slow.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

I got invoiced by Pc-Canada and a tracking number to Purolator (that currently doesn't work) today. I ordered Sept 3rd only. So some orders shipping out in Canada I assume.

Too bad I haven't been able to update my video card yet!

I ordered from them Aug. 7. Now I really hope to hear from them soon!

Ordered mine the day they opened up pre orders in Canada (Aug 6 IIRC). My G2 shipped yesterday on the 10th according to the email I just got this morning, I should have it Friday. Yay.

I've got my 3090s installed, one machine is 10900k, and hoping for more good news this AM as my dealer said he'd have my Ryzen 5900x in today sometime as well. I'll be able to do some tests with both the 3090/3080 10900k/5900x combos with the G2 this weekend, should all go well - we're on the tail end of a blizzard weather system right now, so shipping may be a bit slow.

What in the world is going on with HP?

Seriously hard to believe orders in the states no word on yet. Ordered mine about a month earlier.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It has been even longer than that. I ordered mine at the end of May, and I think that was after sitting on the fence about it for a week or two.

End of May? Pre-orders weren't even allowed in the UK till early July!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'll be able to do some tests with both the 3090/3080 10900k/5900x combos with the G2 this weekend, should all go well - we're on the tail end of a blizzard weather system right now, so shipping may be a bit slow.

This is really interesting, the new ryzen is expected to be really good in single thread games like dcs. Keep us updated :thumbup:

In the netherlands as well i believe. I ordered 14 July and this week I got message from “derekenwinkel” that I was among The Chosen that will probably receive their G2 around 19 november.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather they delay and get it right.

I Always worry about buying brand new cutting edge stuff and upon arrival it is full of bugs.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Got an email today saying my order has shipped. Checked with Carrier, Arriving tomorrow. British Columbia

Update: Arrived today

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Yup. I ordered mine through Connection on 5-29-20.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I keep checking for an email from Connection (I pre-ordered July 8 ), but then I remember that I haven't been able to find a (retail) 3080 yet, so I don't know why the hell I'm in a hurry to get my G2. If I had it today, I would be connecting it to my 1080, and I'm assuming that will be a slide show.

If anyone is successfully using a G1 with a [non-Ti] 1080, feel free to offer me a ray of hope. Otherwise, I am just holding out hope that I can get a 6800 or 6900 AMD card when they come out in the next few weeks. (Though I fear that I have a better chance of getting gored by a unicorn on my way to work than I do of getting an AMD card before they instantly sell out too).

For UK guys, I got this email;

We had a meeting with HP today (November 10th, 2020) and were told shipment from factory to the UK of first pre-orders will begin November 13th , 2020. Once we have proof units have left the factory for shipment to the UK we will provide our customers with an update on numbers and date of delivery to them.

Subject to change I am sure.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Got an email today saying my order has shipped. Checked with Carrier, Arriving tomorrow. British Columbia

Yeah. Canada Eh! :thumbup:

Standing by for first hand report.

PC-Canada? Can I ask when u ordered?

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

For UK guys, I got this email;

We had a meeting with HP today (November 10th, 2020) and were told shipment from factory to the UK of first pre-orders will begin November 13th , 2020. Once we have proof units have left the factory for shipment to the UK we will provide our customers with an update on numbers and date of delivery to them.

Subject to change I am sure.

can I ask who you've ordered through? I am wanting to order and aware it'll be a bit of a wait, but is there any best provider?

Your 1080 (non ti) will be fine for your first flights. A faster GPU later will always be nice but not needed right of the bat. I would not go for the 3080 (at least as long as the price is not dropped back to mrsp, which will be soon with the newer and faster cards available. A 6800XT, 6900XT or 3080Ti will provide much better performance per buck.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

can I ask who you've ordered through? I am wanting to order and aware it'll be a bit of a wait, but is there any best provider?

Hi orcrist,

http://systemactive.co.uk/

they seem to have the first distribution rights in the UK.

I ordered somewhat late so I am hoping for an end of November delivery.

I certainly don't expect to get it this first batch, but it seems HP aren't holding back on the production.

And if I do get it.

I would like to say I ordered mine this weekend!

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

So I received mine today (strange purolator delivering on a stat holiday in Canada). In any case as a first time vr owner I've been stumbling through getting it up and running with dcs. Finally got to sit in the cockpit of the a10c 2, and it looks fantastic. Granted I'm on a 970 so it's stagger city. But man I can't wait until I can get a better video card

For the veterans of vr just had a question about all the freaking preview windows on the desktop, like wmr previews what I'm seeing then there is the smaller steamvr preview... Is that normal? Or is there a way to stop those duplucates/previews to free up more resources? Or do those windows (being duplicates) not really use to much extra GPU?

Any response appreciated. My version of DCS is standalone.

Got mine today too struggling to find how to use in DCS Anybody have a guide how to best set-up My framerates were pretty good in Rift S but not so good with Reverb G2 must be doing something wrong

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

My settings for my G1 (same resolution, so same perf impact) are in my sig block, if you start there, you will likely be able to run significantly settings, but start with mine and increase as you see fit

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Got mine today too struggling to find how to use in DCS Anybody have a guide how to best set-up My framerates were pretty good in Rift S but not so good with Reverb G2 must be doing something wrong

Hi Rocky,

Speed-of-heat's settings are a good start, but considering you rig, you should be able to crank up settings a little bit. Have a look also on Thud's web site below, it has a dedicated part for owners moving from Oculus HDMs' to Reverb:

https://vr4dcs.com/

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

IMO, Thud's web site is of limited use now. A lot of things have changed since he posted that stuff. I guess some of it is still relevant.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Ugh and here those of us in the States are still waiting with no word from Connection that I am aware of.

Pre-ordered on July 8th.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hmm they must be getting close to shipping my G2, this morning my credit card is showing three pending charges for it.

Sure hope they only send me one unit LOL.

Don B

Just checked on the Connection website, has a tracking number showing preparing for shipment via UPS 2nd day air.

Maybe I will get it either Sat or Mon.

Don B

Well, pleased for you Don. I wish I could say the same for any UK activity. Although I would add that Systemactive took my money in the first week of July! Not very impressive.