Lock-on availability

Now that DCS:BS is almost out and Lock-on will no longer be updated with new aircraft, will it still be available for purchase for some time? (some time = atleast a year).

I currently do not have the hardware to enjoy LO to the fullest and need atleast a year to save enough to get a really good machine. I'm worried that it may go out of production and I will have to go for a used disk (hurts me to even think about it:(). Do you suggest I buy LO right now and just wait until I can buy a good system? (this hurts even more :cry:)

Another question: what is the difference between LO and LOFC? is FC an expansion pack? I mean, do I need to purchase and install the basic LO before I can use FC? or does the FC package comes with LO basic in it?

Now that DCS:BS is almost out and Lock-on will no longer be updated with new aircraft, will it still be available for purchase for some time? (some time = atleast a year).

I'd be wary of thinking BS is almost out. A video interview with Jim Mc of the Fighter Collection talked about Summer 2008. As for availability of Lockon, you can get it now for a few dollars, why not get it now?

Another question: what is the difference between LO and LOFC? is FC an expansion pack? I mean, do I need to purchase and install the basic LO before I can use FC? or does the FC package comes with LO basic in it?

Yes, FC is an expansion pack.

Yes, you need Lockon as a base to install FC on top of it.

No, FC does not come with LO basic in it.

However a publishing company called Evolved Games did a GOLD pack called (imaginatively) Lockon GOLD. It has 2 CD's - 1st CD is Basic Lockon and 2nd CD is FC.

Initial manufacturing run by Evolved had a borked 2nd CD and folks had to order a replacement from Evolved. There may well be some of the borked GOLD packs still out there on the shelves, so buyer beware.

One unfortuanate issue was that the problem with the borked CD appeared as if it was a StarForce problem (it asked you to input a keycode that of course you didnt have). But it wasnt a StarForce problem at all, it was a disk manufacturing issue. Nor was it the fault of Eagle Dynamics (the Developers of LO and FC), it was all down to Evolved. But from what I've read on the Forums, Evolved were not too bad at getting replacement CD's sent out, depending on where you lived in the World of course....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....