DCS Beta Will Not Load

kmw072671

• ED Team

Please attach your dcs log

it can be found in your saved games dcs logs folder

it should give us some clues

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks for the log.

can I ask you to follow my crash advice below in my signature.

Also check your antivirus is not blocking DCS

Once you have please attach your fresh log.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the log.

can I ask you to follow my crash advice below in my signature.

Also check your antivirus is not blocking DCS

Once you have please attach your fresh log.

thank you

Hi BIGNEWY

I followed your suggestions about renaming my folder and copying my input back. I then had 3 out of 4 successful starts and have attached the latest log file.

dcs.txt

• ED Team
Hi BIGNEWY

I followed your suggestions about renaming my folder and copying my input back. I then had 3 out of 4 successful starts and have attached the latest log file.

The log seems to show some strange errors,

2020-04-01 19:51:06.865 ERROR EDCORE: Can't mount bazar/effectviewer/envcubes. Drivers errors:

2020-04-01 19:51:06.865 ERROR EDCORE: EDCDriver: there is no directory bazar/effectviewer/envcubes.edc

2020-04-01 19:51:06.865 ERROR EDCORE: FSDriver: there is no directory bazar/effectviewer/envcubes

2020-04-01 19:51:06.865 ERROR EDCORE: ZipDriver: Can't open zip archive bazar/effectviewer/envcubes.zip.

If you managed to start DCS a few times but are now having problems I would suggest something is blocking or messing with it.

It may be best to contact support directly https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

thank you

Has someone got a solution to this as I can't get DCS to load and I have tried all the troubleshooting methods. Basically the screen hangs at the load process and will not launch the game. As stated sometimes it worked but has stopped loading completely now.

Mizzy

The log seems to show some strange errors,

If you managed to start DCS a few times but are now having problems I would suggest something is blocking or messing with it.

It may be best to contact support directly https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

thank you

Looking at the other persons log file, they are having the same problem as me with the driver error and 'effectviewer' problem thingy :-(

I have located the problem and it's in the saved games folder. Not sure which specific folder it is yet. Anyway, make a copy of your DCS Open beta folder or just rename it with '-' or whatever to stop it loading. Start the game and you will have to redo your options and preferences. Then put your config file back from the renamed folder to the newly generated one. Also your missions folder, problem solved.

I would like to know why this error occured in the first place so I shall wait until my support ticket has been answered as it needs to be sorted out by ED.

Mizzy

In my case it was the ImagesShop folder, I found some advice here to try deleting it and it worked (and recreated the folder)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• ED Team
In my case it was the ImagesShop folder, I found some advice here to try deleting it and it worked (and recreated the folder)

The new open beta fixes this.

If anyone is still seeing problems please add your fresh dcs log

thanks

• 10 months later...