Bit of feedback

First off, thanks for the campaign, I'm loving it (11 missions in)!

The only change I'd like to see is to set the AI of the migs to either Average or Good at best, as the Mig 15 AI is notoriously bonkers, and in mission 11 in particular it feels rather annoying.

Otherwise keep up to good work, I'm eagerly waiting for the Tomcat campaign smile.gif

Hi TLTeo, thanks for the feedback! See my answer below :thumbup:

Every MIG is set to "Average", maybe like 5% is "Good", otherwise they are complete UFO-s. The only exception is mission 11 when you have to duel with Casey Jones. On "good" it wouldn't be too much of a challenge, he's supposed to make you sweat :) I wish the AI was better, so he'd make you sweat by competent maneuvering rather than infinite cheat energy, but that's something I can't do anything about :( Did you manage to bag him in the end?

Nop. I chased him all the way to his airport and was about to gun him down during landing because screw that flight model....and then I ran out of ammo :(

It doesn't help that I really suck at gunnery with the Sabre.

Nop. I chased him all the way to his airport and was about to gun him down during landing because screw that flight model....and then I ran out of ammo :(

It doesn't help that I really suck at gunnery with the Sabre.

Haha, the bastard, he deserved his fate :D It helps if you tell your wingman to attack too. 1v1 he's good, but when he has to outmaneuver 2 or more Sabres, you occasionally get a chance to clobber him.

My wingman didn't do anything, just kind of flew around being disappointing as usual.

Oh also, I think the Sabre AI SFM is under-performing. Another thing I've noticed is that they have a hard time keeping up with me when cruising, and they always have to use ~10% more RPM than me. It's especially noticeable at high altitude. Is their skill level also set to Average/Good?

Edited by TLTeo

My wingman didn't do anything, just kind of flew around being disappointing as usual.

Oh also, I think the Sabre AI SFM is under-performing. Another thing I've noticed is that they have a hard time keeping up with me when cruising, and they always have to use ~10% more RPM than me. It's especially noticeable at high altitude. Is their skill level also set to Average/Good?

They are nearly 100% high or excellent. High altitude cruising is a general problem in DCS. I noticed the same with P-51s. You get above 20k feet, you really need to throttle back and even then they can hardly keep up. Get above 30k feet, and you lost them. I've reported it a few times, but it seems to be very low on the fix-list.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3606843

I thought their speed setting was the issue, but apparently it's not.