DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

So I got the AOA indexer working and that's given me the confidence to purchase the UFC and maybe even the MFD Exporter although that looks a little more compilcated, I think I'll also need to pick up an Android tablet (plans for ipad ?) and attach my Cougar MFD's - great bit of software Pet, I'm looking forward to diving in a little deeper!

Thanks man;-) MFD Exporter is free and always will be;-) I plan to combine them both, which will give DCS UFC great opportunities, for now I am at the stage of adding the MFD panel.

I have not written the iOS application yet, but I do not hide that I would like to transfer DCS UFC also to this system (but when, I don't know)

attachment.php?attachmentid=232873&stc=1&d=1587152384

device-2020-04-17-213609.thumb.png.ce976b67627998c7cd2e63b3a8d042c6.png

Brilliant app. I'm using with the F18 for UFC export to a tablet. Almost got it working. App displays data from F18 UFC on the tablet, buttons move on tablet but App does not send button presses to DCS. On Win10.

Added UDP and TDP incoming rules ports 5160

Turned off Windows Defender

No luck

Have the export call before DCS-SRS in Scripts\Export.lua

Log, export and config attached

?

Maybe try change ports, also check the router's firewall, maybe it is blocking something, also check if the device is on the same network / subnet as the PC

SRS must be lower in the file Export.lua (and I see you do)

Brilliant app. I'm using with the F18 for UFC export to a tablet. Almost got it working. App displays data from F18 UFC on the tablet, buttons move on tablet but App does not send button presses to DCS. On Win10.

Added UDP and TDP incoming rules ports 5160

Turned off Windows Defender

No luck

Have the export call before DCS-SRS in Scripts\Export.lua

Log, export and config attached

?

pet333r: From my DCS log file:

2020-04-17 18:43:10.034 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:[string "C:\Users\Darrin\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:48: attempt to call field 'LuaExportStart' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'LuaExportStart'

[string "C:\Users\Darrin\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:48: in function <[string "C:\Users\Darrin\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:33>.

Any ideas?

the log entry is not important in this case, if you receive data from DCS but after clicking nothing happens, it should be caused by blocking incoming connections through a firewall in Windows or router or you have entered the wrong IP address of your PC in DCS UFC

edit: I wrote equally with you, in that case no longer valid;-)

I have made some progress since my last post. I have connected my PC to a tablet.

I used Spacedisk or something.

I regret that looking at the read me file in the download, I get approximately one third of the way through and the words just melt off the page.

I really don't understand the altering .LUA and stuff.

Its not the program, please its just not of my age group to rewrite files and `update_pw-dev_script.bat` `ExportSelfData` to `false` ??

Is there anyone that can tell me which parts I can just delete from the read me to prevent confusion.

I would be following automatic install. I did find a number that's from the PC, numbers and dots (111.222.333.etc)

there is another which is from the tablet maybe?? I don't know.

If it was "take the blue wire and shove it here, then put the green thing on top but DON'T stick a screwdriver in that hole"

OK

No need to be scared of me, I'm just a bit slow

- lua files are responsible for connecting and sending data from DCS and if something changes in them it means that something has been updated to make the program work as it should

- update_pw-dev_script.bat : a simple windows script that downloads the latest files and updates (instead of doing it manually yourself)

- ExportSelfData = false : I also wrote other programs that require it to be "true", if someone uses only DCS UFC can be "false" (less data to process = longer battery life)

you must find the IP address of the computer and tablet yourself so that the devices can be "found" on the network

Would be helpful if you tell me how the images from your app get to the tablet.

If I install your APP on the Tablet, Does the APP tell me the Tablet IP address?

When I install your APP into DCS, does it just broadcast a signal through my wifi router which is then picked up by my Tablet.?

If so, I don't need spacedesk do I?

Edited by pocketedition
its late at night in my time zone

Would be helpful if you tell me how the images from your app get to the tablet.

If I install your APP on the Tablet, Does the APP tell me the Tablet IP address?

When I install your APP into DCS, does it just broadcast a signal through my wifi router which is then picked up by my Tablet.?

If so, I don't need spacedesk do I?

here you have the instructions: https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script

You need install script in DCS, set proper IP address of your Android device and in DCS UFC set IP of your PC, that's all

IP address you can check in Android settings > Wifi

everything is in the instructions

----------------------

and there is not a word about it that Spacedesk is needed for this

Many attempts over 12 days I have been unsuccessful.

Nothing negative toward your app. It’s a grand idea, people are having fun with it.

However the set up process is beyond my ability.

I wish you well with it.

Send me the "Script" folder from Your DCS version. From here:

c:\Users\{Your username}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\

or

c:\Users\{Your username}\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\

depending on the version you have

and IP addresses of the PC and Android device (of course, IP addresses from the local network)

New version avaible 1.0.2020.420

- JF-17: UFC (without LCD's for now)

- JF-17: 3x MFCD (selection in the context menu)

- F-14: changed panel graphics

- F/A-18C: refreshed panel

- changed Home menu layout in landscape mode (for smaller devices)

- fixed network checking when start F-14 panel

attachment.php?attachmentid=233259&stc=1&d=1587419132

panels_JF17.thumb.png.7602956e8552afd9381055d7d89a6b98.png

I will buy when the F18 MFD's etc are in, looks good :)

ETA on F18 maybe ? :thumbup:

MFD's (all working buttons) will be in next update, and it will not be Two Weeks:lol: rather in the coming days:-) support for A-10C, F-16, F/A-18, Harrier