DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Hi Guys

Sry first of all for my bad English

I'm in the process of building a Huey cockpit and I'm currently using the Ikarus software in conjunction with DCS.

I unpacked the script file as described in the forum. Unfortunately, no dial moves during testing.

I have now tried several suggestions in different forums but nothing worked and I am a bit desperate.

I would be happy if someone would help me and possibly draw my attention to a mistake that I think is a mistake in me that I forgot something or did something wrong.

Thank you very much and hope for your support. To proceed:

-Ikarus u. Dcs export script download, unpacked on the desktop.

-Folder script copied into dcs folder, backup copy beforehand

- Icarus started, instrument panel loaded -DCS started training mission cold start

Greetings Stefan

Stefan1208. I am not a troubleshooting expert for this cool app, but I do have several devices working at this time.

Suggestion: When dials have not responded for me in the past it was usually an IP address of the android device or my computer not being correct in the config.lua file.

• Identify your Computers IP address and your Android device then view the contents of your \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\config.lua >> Make sure they have been entered correctly in the config.lua and the Android App settings .. ie) no extra spaces, valid IP. etc..
    • If you are not using Static IP addresses on your network, there is a good chance one of your IP's changed after a reboot or reset of a device.

[*]Feel free to post screen captures or uploads of your Computer and Device IP's along with the pw-dev_script config.lua - maybe someone can make additional suggestions.

[*]

Cheers

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hello YSIAD_RIP

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I am not at home to check it again. I'm not sure if I have already changed the IP address in the ExportScript or in the Config.luna file, but unfortunately that has not been successful.

Somehow I've been there for weeks and have searched all the forum but unfortunately never found anything that does solve my problem.

So I'm really grateful for every tip and suggestion.

I'll just try it again tomorrow evening and give you more information whether it worked.

I will also take screenshots regarding this. Maybe that solves the whole thing and it's just a stupid mistake on my part.

I thank you in any case

Greetings Stefan

• Like 1

Hello YSIAD_RIP

Many thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I am not at home to check it again. I'm not sure if I have already changed the IP address in the ExportScript or in the Config.luna file, but unfortunately that has not been successful.

Somehow I've been there for weeks and have searched all the forum but unfortunately never found anything that does solve my problem.

So I'm really grateful for every tip and suggestion.

I'll just try it again tomorrow evening and give you more information whether it worked.

I will also take screenshots regarding this. Maybe that solves the whole thing and it's just a stupid mistake on my part.

I thank you in any case

Greetings Stefan

send me the whole "Scripts" folder from C drive and screenshots from ipconfig and wifi on Android

@pet333r Thanks for the latest update! I like it a lot! :thumbup:

I have a couple of questions and suggestions though.

• I can't seem to enable 3 MFCDs for JF-17, the setting in 'Settings' cannot be toggled and I only get 2 MFCDs.
  • Until you've managed to solve the output of the MFCDs, would it be possible to add the divider line in the JF-17 MFCDs? It would make it a lot easier to navigate the buttons.
  • Would it be possible to make the Jf-17 UFCP text more clear? I can think of two things: 1) The spacing between the letters are more pronounced in the cockpit, and 2) the contrast between the LCD background and the letter color. It would increase the readability tremendously.

By the way, I appreciate that you found and got rid of the tenacious bug that caused the UFCP LCDs to not display for some of us. Thanks!

L25vxhI.png

@ YSIAD_RIP

I made a few screenshots.

maybe you notice something

Hi... The developer pet333r replied in post # 484 above. I am not familiar with Icarus. All I know is what I saw on this noobie guide from r/ Hoggit Reddit Post. (you probably read this many times already)

• PET333R asked to send - the whole "Scripts" folder from C drive and screenshots from ipconfig and wifi on Android.

I also noticed that you had made edits to the Export file in your core DCS World OpenBeta folder. My understanding is that this file in the core DCS games folder is for reference purposes only. --- All user modifications should go to $HOME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hello everybody

I've just tried this option several times, but unfortunately it didn't work and just can't get any further ....

Maybe I should mention that I want the Huey dashboard to run on a second monitor.

I don't know if the whole thing is relevant for it to work.

Greetings Stefan

@pet333r Thanks for the latest update! I like it a lot! :thumbup:

I have a couple of questions and suggestions though.

• I can't seem to enable 3 MFCDs for JF-17, the setting in 'Settings' cannot be toggled and I only get 2 MFCDs.
  • Until you've managed to solve the output of the MFCDs, would it be possible to add the divider line in the JF-17 MFCDs? It would make it a lot easier to navigate the buttons.
  • Would it be possible to make the Jf-17 UFCP text more clear? I can think of two things: 1) The spacing between the letters are more pronounced in the cockpit, and 2) the contrast between the LCD background and the letter color. It would increase the readability tremendously.

By the way, I appreciate that you found and got rid of the tenacious bug that caused the UFCP LCDs to not display for some of us. Thanks!

L25vxhI.png

1. It is not finished yet, therefore it is not active, it will be in the next one

2. what dividing lines? give more information so that we understand each other well, in this update I increased the size of the buttons a little to make it easier to "hit" the button

3. I will improve the display on the LCD a little:thumbup:

• Like 1

Is it possible to add vibration or sound on button press for better input feedback?

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

vibrations, I think I can add, as for the sound, these buttons sounds are already in DCS and twice the same could be a little distracting

Excellent, selectable option then?

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

okay. 80% there.

For the Hornet.

It shows live IFEI data as per the sim.

Nothing on the UFC however works. Any ideas on my obvious oversight?

Have I changed keys in game that need to be linked to the app?

TIA

:)

EDIT:

Either I had the wrong computer IP, or I opened the port. WORKS NOW. Oh yeah!

Now.....get the bloody display output working :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::pilotfly:

• Like 1

I noticed in dcs.log:

2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 2 0 squares
2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 3 0 squares
2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() 0.081900 ms
2020-11-08 14:51:09.302 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]
2020-11-08 14:51:09.302 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA: Tacview 1.8.4.200 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded
2020-11-08 14:51:09.312 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:47: attempt to call field 'LuaExportStart' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:47: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua"]:77: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:30: in function 'SimLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:506: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:211: in function 'PrevLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:49: in function <[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:44>.
2020-11-08 14:51:09.356 INFO VISUALIZER: Preload() camera=-281494.085674, 16.186619, 646527.226227 radius=70000.000000
2020-11-08 14:51:09.356 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: ITerrainGraphicsImpl4::forceLoading(): pos=(-281494, 16.1866, 646527), radius=70000
2020-11-08 14:51:09.885 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 clean up LOD 0: left 2 released 0

and my Export.lua

local lfs=require('lfs'); dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

I noticed in dcs.log:

2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 2 0 squares
2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() LOD 3 0 squares
2020-11-08 14:51:07.557 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 gc() 0.081900 ms
2020-11-08 14:51:09.302 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA: Loading C++ flight data recorder from [D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Tacview\bin\]
2020-11-08 14:51:09.302 INFO TACVIEW.EXPORT.LUA: Tacview 1.8.4.200 C++ flight data recorder successfully loaded
2020-11-08 14:51:09.312 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:47: attempt to call field 'LuaExportStart' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua"]:47: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua"]:77: in function 'LuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:30: in function 'SimLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:506: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:211: in function 'PrevLuaExportStart'
[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:49: in function <[string "D:\Users\mplic\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:44>.
2020-11-08 14:51:09.356 INFO VISUALIZER: Preload() camera=-281494.085674, 16.186619, 646527.226227 radius=70000.000000
2020-11-08 14:51:09.356 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: ITerrainGraphicsImpl4::forceLoading(): pos=(-281494, 16.1866, 646527), radius=70000
2020-11-08 14:51:09.885 INFO EDTERRAINGRAPHICS41: surface5 clean up LOD 0: left 2 released 0

and my Export.lua

local lfs=require('lfs'); dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

Check if there is a conflict with SimShaker. Additionally, what version of DCS-BIOS are you using? in newer versions, DCS-BIOS automatically added an entry to the Export.lua file along with the appropriate paths.

This is what it looks like for me:

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\pet333r\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

Check if there is a conflict with SimShaker. Additionally, what version of DCS-BIOS are you using? in newer versions, DCS-BIOS automatically added an entry to the Export.lua file along with the appropriate paths.

This is what it looks like for me:

How to check for conflict??? I have DCS-BIOS_0.7.37... but I didn't change entry for DCS-BIOS in Export.lua for long time? Do I need anything more then I have?

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\pet333r\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

Should I put this somewhere???

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

How to check for conflict??? I have DCS-BIOS_0.7.37... but I didn't change entry for DCS-BIOS in Export.lua for long time? Do I need anything more then I have?

Should I put this somewhere???

add "--" in front of a script to disable it and check if the rest works

the current version of DCS-BIOS is 0.10.0 and a lot has changed there