DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Any you guys looking for a tablet?

I was gonna post in the classifieds, but thought y'all might have more interest.

CONUS only please:

Samsung SM-T377A Galaxy Tab E 8" HD Touchscreen Quad-Core Tablet
Quad-Core CPU, 1.5GB memory, 16GB Storage, Bluetooth, 4G LTE AT&T, Android.

Bought it about 2.5 years ago and it's mostly sat in a drawer of my nightstand.

$120

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

New version 1.0.2021.0219 avaible

- A-10C: added UHF radio panel
- A-10C: UFC panel performance increased
- F-16C: added UHF radio panel
- AV8BNA: fixed COMM 1 & 2 knobs
- AV8BNA / F/A-18C: fixed displaying data on LCD's
- F/A-18C: fixed COMM 1 & 2 knobs

Hello, 

I have 3 kindle fires that have been unlocked and have google play store installed. 2 function fine with DCS-UFC.

The third one is able to send commands to DCS, however, it's unable to adjust its display based on DCS. 

For example, if I have Viper's DED displayed on that tablet, the screen is blank. However, if I display ICP and press any button, the same button is being pressed in game.

How can I troubleshoot/fix this issue?

ETA: I did two things (not sure which one fixed it):

1. I removed the  Export-Scripts line from my export.lua

2. In DCS-UFC/config.lua, I swapped the settings between 4th and 3rd device.

Edited by Andy t

23 hours ago, Andy t said:

Hello, 

I have 3 kindle fires that have been unlocked and have google play store installed. 2 function fine with DCS-UFC.

The third one is able to send commands to DCS, however, it's unable to adjust its display based on DCS. 

For example, if I have Viper's DED displayed on that tablet, the screen is blank. However, if I display ICP and press any button, the same button is being pressed in game.

How can I troubleshoot/fix this issue?

ETA: I did two things (not sure which one fixed it):

1. I removed the  Export-Scripts line from my export.lua

2. In DCS-UFC/config.lua, I swapped the settings between 4th and 3rd device.

Check if the IP address of the device (tablet) matches the one given for it in the Config.lua file (it is possible that the router assigned a different address to it or it may be a typo in the given address)

New version 1.0.2021.0305 avaible

- F/A-18C: added right console (ELEC / ECS / INTR LT)
- F/A-18C: changed UFC graphics
- M2000C INS: increased panel performance
- M2000C INS: fixed displaying data on LCD's
- M2000C PCA: fixed displaying data on 2nd top LCD

fa18_consoleR1.jpg fa18_consoleR2.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@pet333r,  I don't know how you manage to add so many panels to the app, but Thanks - Much appreciated. 

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

New version 1.0.2021.0319 available

- A-10C CDU: increased panel performance
- added F-5E Warnings panel
- JF-17: added AAP (Avionics Activation Panel)
- JF-17 UFCP: changed panel graphics
- app: added the option to swipe panels with buttons (choice between gestures / buttons in settings)
- app: changed some others graphics

The update may additionally inform about permission to access the location, I'm working on something new, some more information will be soon ... 🙃

• Like 1

@pet333r Thank you for the update!  I will probably install the update in a few days..

But I thank you in ADVANCE for giving option for gestures and buttons for swipe..

Regarding increased panel performance on A-10C CDU:

• I have an older Nexus 10 Tablet:

On the F/A-18C  I noticed a 1 to 1.5 second LAG between UFC and EFEI on my Monitor verses the DCS UFS Android App.

I did not notice the same LAG with newer phones or Tables, but really did not pay much attention or trouble shoot further, because it was not a real problem for me.

Would the performance updates you did on the A-10C improve other modules in future?

MOVING Forward:  I will install the latest update in a few days and see if there is anything more meaningful to add. 

At this point root cause of the LAG is the NEXUS109 Tablet.. Other newer tables are perfect!

Cheers. 

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

3 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@pet333r Thank you for the update!  I will probably install the update in a few days..

But I thank you in ADVANCE for giving option for gestures and buttons for swipe..

Regarding increased panel performance on A-10C CDU:

• I have an older Nexus 10 Tablet:

On the F/A-18C  I noticed a 1 to 1.5 second LAG between UFC and EFEI on my Monitor verses the DCS UFS Android App.

I did not notice the same LAG with newer phones or Tables, but really did not pay much attention or trouble shoot further, because it was not a real problem for me.

Would the performance updates you did on the A-10C improve other modules in future?

MOVING Forward:  I will install the latest update in a few days and see if there is anything more meaningful to add. 

At this point root cause of the LAG is the NEXUS109 Tablet.. Other newer tables are perfect!

Cheers. 

As for changing panels with buttons, check how it will work, I tried to make it sensibly not to cover other buttons/switches and not to be too large/small, but with such a huge number of different devices (screen proportions, resolutions, etc.), all combinations are not can be checked

I try to improve performance wherever possible, in the application I improve the mechanisms of "drawing" panels on the screen so that everything loads faster and uses only as much memory as is needed.
Older hardware will always be slower no matter if it is this application or another.
I do not know if you have a PC connected to the router with an Ethernet cable, but if not, it is worth doing because at the moment only the new Wifi 6 AX standard can be comparable in speed to 1Gb/s Ethernet. And the faster the connection PC > router, the lower the delay between next devices in the network (PC <> router <> Android)
In addition, I plan to make minor changes to the script itself, this should also help a bit (of course, it will be more noticeable on older equipment)

• Like 1

Hi pet333r,

is there a plan to export the right dials (alitmeter, Airspeed etc.) for the F/A-18 Hornet in the near future?

Kind regards,

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

On 3/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, pet333r said:

As for changing panels with buttons, check how it will work, I tried to make it sensibly not to cover other buttons/switches and not to be too large/small, but with such a huge number of different devices (screen proportions, resolutions, etc.), all combinations are not can be checked

@pet333rI love the Latest Updates! 

We can never make it so that locations are perfect for all devices and users preferences. - This is just LIFE!

I like the Navigation Buttons Style <  >  and that they are opaque is an excellent idea.  They are the same as your Webpage - Nice.

• As people get used to the button locations, you could even have a dial in Settings to further reduce opaqueness. 
  • Consistency of Navigation buttons Location is a nice feature and I see you did that as much as possible. 
  • You managed to use the Top Right and Top Left Corner for the majority of panels when in Landscape and Portrait.

If button location is the same place 100% of the time you can make the Left and Right Navigating buttons as much as 30-50% smaller or thinner. 

• Potentially you can even use a BUTTON-DOT to further reduce conflicts.
  • Maybe there is less chance of future conflict by putting navigation buttons on the bottom? The top buttons may "feel" more intuitive for most.

Table Shows Panels that do not have Navigation Buttons < > on Top Right and Left.

• You may have success moving them in a future update - This is clearly not a Priority. 

Plane:       Panel (Orientation)

A10C            UFC (Landscape)

AV-8B N/A   UFC (Landscape) - Master Warning looks like a real conflict?

F14               ACMP (Landscape)

F16               Right Console (Landscape)

F/A-18C       UFC (Landscape and Portrait)

JF-17           UFCP(Landscape)

** KA-50

** F-5E

** M-2000C

** AJS37

** -  Not Applicable or Already Consistent -

Thanks for this Great APP!

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Corrected Formatting

• 2 weeks later...

Mirage 2K PPA panel - not showing game values:

I am able to press the button on the PPA that's on my tablet and it is registered in game. For instance if I press "D", the indicator will move to "D" in game, but there will be no change on the tablet's screen.

Another example, it doesn't display P MIS or TOT. However, pressing the right area changes them in the game. I tried PCA on the same table and it works correctly.

I am having the same issue with Hornet's right panel. 

I have four tablets and the same behavior is across all four the Mirage PPA and Hornet Right panel.

Please advice.

Mirage 2K PPA panel - not showing game values:
I am able to press the button on the PPA that's on my tablet and it is registered in game. For instance if I press "D", the indicator will move to "D" in game, but there will be no change on the tablet's screen.
Another example, it doesn't display P MIS or TOT. However, pressing the right area changes them in the game. I tried PCA on the same table and it works correctly.
I am having the same issue with Hornet's right panel. 
I have four tablets and the same behavior is across all four the Mirage PPA and Hornet Right panel.
Please advice.
Try reinstalling the script, maybe there was some error in the files while it was running

New version 1.0.2021.0416 available

- added a panel for displaying the position on the map
- AJS37: added warnings panels
- M2000C INS: added M91/M92/M93/PRET/ALN/MIP/N.DEG/SEC/UNI lights indicators
- changed graphics of "old" knobs to newer ones
- A-10C: fixed knobs on the UHF panel to prevent setting individual values above 9
- fixed saving of default settings for MFCD panel in JF-17
- F/A-18C: ALR67 fixed showing text on some devices
- F16C: increased Data Control Switch click location
- M2000C: added fullscreen support

IMPORTANT!

update the entire script, including the Config.lua file, which contains the IP addresses of your devices, this file contains additional options required for the correct display of positions on Google maps (you can also disable the transmission of navigation data to individual devices by changing the settings (Config.lua file):
ExportScript.Config.Export1Nav
ExportScript.Config.Export2Nav
ExportScript.Config.Export3Nav
ExportScript.Config.Export4Nav

example:
if you are displaying the map on only one device it is enough to set one of these values to "true", the others may be "false" (navigation data will not be sent to this device, less data transferred -> better performance). By default, all these 4 settings are set to "true"

panels_maps.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MAPS -  Great idea!  I may not get a chance to update everything for a few days - but just want to be first to say thank you.  Cheers.. 

• Like 1

Wow, you've added maps! I'm guessing this is only for aircraft which have a map display (ie not the Tomcat)? Does this mean you're getting closer to the ability to display Radar/RWR and other displays on a tablet? Please tell me so! If I could get the two central displays for the Tomcat on Tablet, I'd be in heaven!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

7 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Wow, you've added maps! I'm guessing this is only for aircraft which have a map display (ie not the Tomcat)? Does this mean you're getting closer to the ability to display Radar/RWR and other displays on a tablet? Please tell me so! If I could get the two central displays for the Tomcat on Tablet, I'd be in heaven!

You can display the position on the map with each supported module in the application (you can even use it with other modules that are not supported in the app, ex. Mig-21🙃), it does not matter whether there is a map in Tomcat or not.
Only for the time being the position for machines with FC3 is not displayed (but with time I will probably add it as well)

and...
You're right, I'm trying to get closer to better radar and position handling

hey pet33r, thanks as usual for your updates  all works on mine np but the map is just that ATM, i.e no plane or position, lua updated np and every page works as should, do i need to do something else?
Have you also updated your Config.lua file? This is necessary because it contains several additional options responsible for displaying the position on the map

6 minutes ago, thrustvector said:

yep as said, updated the script after every update, everything sends and receives but not the map on any device i have loaded?

If you use automatic update, it downloads all files (except Config.lua) so as not to change it and not accidentally delete user configuration with IP addresses
Therefore, this update requires additional "manual" updating and replacement of the Config.lua file