DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

57 minutes ago, MirabelleBenou said:

Hello !

I have a small problem with the "map". I do not understand how it works ? At leat, it display a map, but it do not center on myself or show anything more than a map like a Google Map.

Can you tell me how to ?

Thanks !

Do you have a valid IP address for your device as specified in the Config.lua file? Are you seeing other DCS data on the panels in the application? (e.g. LCD data on UFC panels or switches are in the correct position etc.)

15 minutes ago, pet333r said:

Do you have a valid IP address for your device as specified in the Config.lua file? Are you seeing other DCS data on the panels in the application? (e.g. LCD data on UFC panels or switches are in the correct position etc.)

Yes, absolutely. No problem at all with other tools. It's really only the map.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

That's the first thing I've done

Maybe it's not working for planes ? I must admit that yesterday I tried only with the Mi-24P
This option currently works with the modules that are available in the application

1 hour ago, pet333r said:
4 hours ago, MirabelleBenou said:
That's the first thing I've done emoji846.png

Maybe it's not working for planes ? I must admit that yesterday I tried only with the Mi-24P

This option currently works with the modules that are available in the application

Ok ! Thanks 🙂 

I tried also with the A-10C II and it didn't work either, but well, not really needed on this one ! Thanks for your hard work 🙂

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

This app looks exactly what I am looking for. I have a couple of questions :

-is IOS support planned? I don’t have android tablet. 

-Are warbirds going to be supported in the future? Sometimes is nice to arrange important switches so we don’t have to bend our neck and fight with the mouse. 

Ty

• Like 1

I would be willing to Pay for a Second App that just covers Warbirds and Early Jets if that helps!  

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hi @pet333r - for the Ka-50 I have a suggestion.

In the cockpit the ABRIS is above and left of the PVI keypad.

In addition, while pushing the 5 ABRIS buttons one would want to look at the screen above as easily as possible.

For these reasons I suggest putting the 5 ABRIS push-buttons at the top of the tablet screen instead of the bottom.

They could even go top-left, then the PVI displays can move above the PVI buttons. The PVI buttons are extra large in comparison to the display at the moment so it won't hurt to shrink the PVI a bit to fit the display above it.

In the blank space you could put the PVI NAV mode dial and switches, and/or the Datalink ID and mode dials.

If you get to adding a second screen, the datalink panel buttons would be very useful. The caution and warning panels would be great on a 3rd screen.

Thanks!

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I purchased this app and am running into connection issues.

I used your Script Installer and even ran the add_firewall_rules batch file. I load DCS F-18c and the app just says "connecting 192.168.x.x" and nothing happens. I have disabled my firewall and still the same issue. I did not change the ports in the .lua's (5160 out, 25070 and 25071 in) and I have made sure my computer and all Android devices are using a static IP. I even disabled my VPN just incase that might have been an issue.

I am at a complete loss on why the connection will not work. I did use an iPad UFC for a bit but I took out all the ports and references to that already.

Do you or anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. I can share whatever is needed to fix this issue. 

NOTE: I didnt try on any other plane because i only own FC3 and F18C

Gigabyte 6800XT Master 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra MB, 32GB Ram, Meta Quest 2 VR installed on Netac 2TB M.2 drive

Winwing Orion2 base with f-16EX grip, Winwing Orion2 Throttle with F-18 Grip

Currently member of VAF 136 (F/A-18C Squadron).

DCS Modules F/A-18C, A-10II-C, F-15E, F-16, AH-64D, KA50-III, F-5, P-51D and FC3 aircraft.

Terrain Modules: Persian Gulf, Caucus, Nevada Test Training Range (NTTR), Syria, South Atlantic, Sinai and Normandy 2.0.

12 hours ago, Blueleader said:

Hello,

UFC info and buttons for F18 do not work. The connection between the tablet and the PC is OK (some buttons work correctly POWER, ALT ....)

Thanks for your Help

Do you use several devices or just one? Have you changed something in Windows lately?

1 hour ago, InzaneSK said:

I purchased this app and am running into connection issues.

I used your Script Installer and even ran the add_firewall_rules batch file. I load DCS F-18c and the app just says "connecting 192.168.x.x" and nothing happens. I have disabled my firewall and still the same issue. I did not change the ports in the .lua's (5160 out, 25070 and 25071 in) and I have made sure my computer and all Android devices are using a static IP. I even disabled my VPN just incase that might have been an issue.

I am at a complete loss on why the connection will not work. I did use an iPad UFC for a bit but I took out all the ports and references to that already.

Do you or anyone have any suggestions on what to try next. I can share whatever is needed to fix this issue. 

NOTE: I didnt try on any other plane because i only own FC3 and F18C

Do you use any additional scripts? You have valid IP addresses for your devices in the Config.lua file? If you can, please send me the whole "Scripts" folder with scripts installed, I will check if there are any problems there and screenshots with IP addresses of your devices.

piotr.wos.developer@gmail.com

or on fb: https://www.facebook.com/pw.developer

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 6:04 AM, TAIPAN_ said:

Hi @pet333r - for the Ka-50 I have a suggestion.

In the cockpit the ABRIS is above and left of the PVI keypad.

In addition, while pushing the 5 ABRIS buttons one would want to look at the screen above as easily as possible.

For these reasons I suggest putting the 5 ABRIS push-buttons at the top of the tablet screen instead of the bottom.

They could even go top-left, then the PVI displays can move above the PVI buttons. The PVI buttons are extra large in comparison to the display at the moment so it won't hurt to shrink the PVI a bit to fit the display above it.

In the blank space you could put the PVI NAV mode dial and switches, and/or the Datalink ID and mode dials.

If you get to adding a second screen, the datalink panel buttons would be very useful. The caution and warning panels would be great on a 3rd screen.

Thanks!

Thanks, I will have it in mind

3 minutes ago, xWARGOx said:

Any chance Viper HSI can be extracted or is that a limitation?

This is not impossible, but it is definitely more complicated (I worked a little on it but there are a few things over which I must "work")

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pet333r said:

Thanks, I will have it in mind

This is not impossible, but it is definitely more complicated (I worked a little on it but there are a few things over which I must "work")

yea I figured this was or would be a pain in the ass or not able to be done. was just curious honestly. i just happened to think of it while i was in here reading the thread. appreciate your work and reply brother ❤️

Hi @pet333r

I just raised an issue https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/issues/11

For some reason your lua scripts reduce my FPS by half.

I've reproduced by enabling/disabling several times, surprised no one else found this?

My system is with dual-SSDs, Nvidia 3090, and the fastest Ryzen CPU.

Maybe there's some code in there that's not compatible with Ryzen CPUs or something else?

Is anyone able to reproduce this by enabling/disabling the script in export.lua? It's pretty easy to see, as it's a 50% drop.

Thanks

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 8/3/2021 at 5:37 AM, TAIPAN_ said:

Hi @pet333r

I just raised an issue https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script/issues/11

For some reason your lua scripts reduce my FPS by half.

I've reproduced by enabling/disabling several times, surprised no one else found this?

My system is with dual-SSDs, Nvidia 3090, and the fastest Ryzen CPU.

Maybe there's some code in there that's not compatible with Ryzen CPUs or something else?

Is anyone able to reproduce this by enabling/disabling the script in export.lua? It's pretty easy to see, as it's a 50% drop.

Thanks

Try changing the settings in the Config.lua file to:
ExportScript.Config.ExportNavData = false
ExportScript.Config.ExportNavAllData = false

and ExportScript.Config.Export1Nav, ExportScript.Config.Export2Nav, ExportScript.Config.Export3Nav, ExportScript.Config.Export4Nav

let me know if it helped, although after setting these options the position on the Google map will not be displayed, but I have been working a lot on the script recently, and this part has been changed a lot, a lot has been added but I still have to test whether it works as should work under all conditions 

5 hours ago, pet333r said:
On 8/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, Slice313 said:
@pet333r thank you for your kindness emoji2956.png

IOS compatibility planned? 

again, thank you so much @pet333r

There are such plans, but it will take some time to rewrite the entire application to another system

Thanks for answering. I already bought the android app but I really look forward to use it with my iPad. 

if you ever launch a beta for iOS, I would like to participate. Thank you. 

Edited by Slice313

If you weren't aware, there is a Superhornet mod that makes use of the C model cockpit.  As I believe it is not possible to mod/model the actual E/F/G digital UFCD in DCS , would it be possible to do it in your software?  Specifically, is you application able to have "sub-pages" modelled?  See this example of the Superhornet UFCD AP selection to sub page.  Would be more than happy to pay for this type of upgrade...

image.png

Edited by Reccelow
spelling

On 8/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, Reccelow said:

If you weren't aware, there is a Superhornet mod that makes use of the C model cockpit.  As I believe it is not possible to mod/model the actual E/F/G digital UFCD in DCS , would it be possible to do it in your software?  Specifically, is you application able to have "sub-pages" modelled?  See this example of the Superhornet UFCD AP selection to sub page.  Would be more than happy to pay for this type of upgrade...

image.png

I was thinking about making a UFC version of Superhornet but I wasn't making this panel version for the available C version (I wanted the panel to reflect exactly what is for a given version of Hornet). But it is possible that with time I will also create a digital version of the UFC, I must definitely check how much these versions are different from each other because depending on the "configuration" the information on the buttons is different.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:02 PM, adamhutt416 said:

Hello @pet333r,

There is a new F-16C Mod

But it cant use the DSC UFC APP.

it seems that this mod has a new F-16 type. but this module does not seem to change the UFC system.

Is there any way to make it usable? Thank you!

image.png

It is possible but requires updating and changes in the application code. At this point, the application does not detect this F-16 version

On 7/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, Slice313 said:

This app looks exactly what I am looking for. I have a couple of questions :

-is IOS support planned? I don’t have android tablet. 

-Are warbirds going to be supported in the future? Sometimes is nice to arrange important switches so we don’t have to bend our neck and fight with the mouse. 

Ty

I specifically purchased two Lenovo e10 and one e7 tablets for this app - work perfectly! Great digital panels for my Tomcat. Now if only we had radars/RWRs it'd be perfect! 

• Like 1

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals