DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

New version 1.0.2021.1126 avaible

- AV8 UFC: the "clicking" area of the ODU buttons has been enlarged (now you can click on the button or the LCD)
- AV8 UFC: added ODU displays in vertical mode (to "click" tap on a given LCD)
- AV8: HUD switch area has been enlarged
- F-14: added VDI indicators on the ACMP panel
- F-14: added gun ammo count indicator
- F-14: 'Lights' and 'RIO CAP' panels have been updated to support the latest version of the module
- F-14: improved text display on devices with smaller screens
- F-16C: fixed MAL IND LTS switch on the 'Lighting' panel
- JF-17 INT LTS: fixed 'Consoles' knob
- graphics of some knobs/switches has been changed to new ones
- unnecessary files have been removed
- added Android 12 support

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/3/2021 at 11:34 PM, JuanAJ said:

In the F-18C module the LTD/R switch always turns to SAFE position after the laser designator is fired.

With your app this switch always keeps the ARM position, even when it should return to SAFE once the laser is fired

Thanks for your app.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:34 PM, JuanAJ said:

In the F-18C module the LTD/R switch always turns to SAFE position after the laser designator is fired.

With your app this switch always keeps the ARM position, even when it should return to SAFE once the laser is fired

The LTD/R switch remains in the ARM position while the Targeting Pod is in OPR "Operate" mode. If I can find a way to check which mode the Targeting Pod is currently in, then I will be able to fix that (remains ARM / returns to SAFE). At the moment I think it is better to leave the possibility to turn on LTD/R

On 12/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, JuanAJ said:

And the F-18 UFC's display instead of "ERROR" shows the string "=^^0^".

This is because other characters are sent from DCS instead of "error"

mmm, having a prob i haven't had since this first came out, updated the file np. device 1 is set correctly to my pad, and on the pad thats set correctly to pc, but nothing? no send receive at all, just blank, havent used fr a while so maybe forgot something, but ran through setup file and all correct? 

18 hours ago, thrustvector said:

mmm, having a prob i haven't had since this first came out, updated the file np. device 1 is set correctly to my pad, and on the pad thats set correctly to pc, but nothing? no send receive at all, just blank, havent used fr a while so maybe forgot something, but ran through setup file and all correct? 

Best to update the whole script (it has changed a bit).
Delete the entire folder and download a new zip file from github (of course, don't forget to include your devices' IP in the new Config.lua file)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, Slice313 said:

IOS version now in the works?

I guess not. Also no new features or airframes or anything.

I work, but the vast majority have to be rewrite to a programming language other than the Android version (which is a lot of work).

In addition, I'm working on something else ... so far I can't tell more ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

Thanks for the quick reply @pet333r.

I have tried deleting the shader cashes, fresh video driver installs and DCS full repair.  So far the only thing that is consistent with good results is increasing the value of ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval 

I will try some other things and eventually install the better i7 Processor in hopes that it will help make a difference. 

Cheers.  

Were you able to resolve the issue?  I'm experiencing the same issue, although with another export script.  Changing that ExportInterval value to something extremely high is the only thing that fixes the issue, but it renders the script useless because of the timing.

I have a 10900k, RTX 3090, 32gb RAM, and NVME SSD.  I doubt it's a hardware issue

run come save me

On 1/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, Scofflaw said:

Were you able to resolve the issue?  I'm experiencing the same issue, although with another export script.  Changing that ExportInterval value to something extremely high is the only thing that fixes the issue, but it renders the script useless because of the timing.

I have a 10900k, RTX 3090, 32gb RAM, and NVME SSD.  I doubt it's a hardware issue

My Old System board died a a few months after my post.  I ended up finally upgrading to a new computer and fresh Windows 10 install...

I am sure you probably already tried some of the following: 

1. Try simplifying your system as much as possible - Drivers, programs running, Hardware etc.. see if problem changes
  2. Try to change order of  lines in your Export.lua
  3. If you have a spare SSD, try a fresh windows 10 install and if necessary fresh DCS to see if you the performance problem is repeated.

Good luck.. I wish I had a better suggestions.. cheers...  

• Thanks 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

20 hours ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

My Old System board died a a few months after my post.  I ended up finally upgrading to a new computer and fresh Windows 10 install...

1. Try simplifying your system as much as possible - Drivers, programs running, Hardware etc.. see if problem changes
  3. If you have a spare SSD, try a fresh windows 10 install and if necessary fresh DCS to see if you the performance problem is repeated.

I tried the full OS reinstall, and even tried a new install on a pretty fast NVME SSD.  In my case, I think the script I'm dealing with outputs way too much data at a very quick rate.  I don't want to hijack this thread with my troubleshooting; I was just curious if maybe I overlooked something.

Thanks!

• Like 1

run come save me

On 1/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, YSIAD_RIP said:

On 1/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, Scofflaw said:

I tried the full OS reinstall, and even tried a new install on a pretty fast NVME SSD.  In my case, I think the script I'm dealing with outputs way too much data at a very quick rate.  I don't want to hijack this thread with my troubleshooting; I was just curious if maybe I overlooked something.

Thanks!

I did some testing. I was looking for a lot on the net and as it turns out, almost every script for DCS World causes some drops. Hence, the reason rather is in lua itself (and the data transfer) or data reception from DCS World or both, but more on that later.

First, I set the graphics settings to the lowest level in DCS to get the most FPS to get the best view of the FPS difference. Then I ran the same mission in DCS with different settings:
- no scripts
- app script
- DCS-BIOS script
- Tacview script
- SRS script
All these configurations separately, after each test there was a restart of DCS World and setting the next script for testing.

The decline occurred with every script (except SRS). The remaining scripts dropped at the same level. Smaller drops could be observed on the Caucasus map (at 160 FPS, a drop by about 5-6 FPS). The biggest drop in Mariana Islands (with a 130 FPS drop of about 10 FPS).

From what it seems to me, drops occur in every script that somehow processes data from a specific module (that's why it probably did not occur on SRS, but SRS was only running during the test - not connected to any server)

With a smaller amount of FPS (60-80), the drops were imperceptible (with or without the script, the amount of FPS was practically the same)

I was looking on the net and it turns out that information about certain drops can be finded  practically about each script.

Additionally, I changed some code in the script, it gave a slight speed up by about + 3% (update available on Github)

I want to do more specific tests because at the moment it only applied to FA-18 on Caucasus and Mariana Islands maps. Perhaps it may be a little different for other modules.

• Thanks 2

On 1/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, pet333r said:

The decline occurred with every script (except SRS). The remaining scripts dropped at the same level. Smaller drops could be observed on the Caucasus map (at 160 FPS, a drop by about 5-6 FPS). The biggest drop in Mariana Islands (with a 130 FPS drop of about 10 FPS).

From what it seems to me, drops occur in every script that somehow processes data from a specific module (that's why it probably did not occur on SRS, but SRS was only running during the test - not connected to any server)

With a smaller amount of FPS (60-80), the drops were imperceptible (with or without the script, the amount of FPS was practically the same)

I was looking on the net and it turns out that information about certain drops can be finded  practically about each script.

Additionally, I changed some code in the script, it gave a slight speed up by about + 3% (update available on Github)

I want to do more specific tests because at the moment it only applied to FA-18 on Caucasus and Mariana Islands maps. Perhaps it may be a little different for other modules.

Thanks for taking the time to test this.  My problem is not so much the FPS drop, it's the stutter.  I don't mind if DCS drops from 120fps to 90fps, but even if it's running at full 120fps, the stutter makes it look choppy.  I wish I had a more technical way to capture this information.  I set the detail level to the lowest possible settings, and it still stutters with the script.

I only have 1 script running, and it stutters.  If I remove it, it's buttery smooth.  I have no other mods or anything else running.  I'm pretty certain the export script I'm using is just exporting too much data too quickly.

run come save me

On 1/30/2022 at 9:26 PM, hreich said:

And another question---how to fix export.lua so i can use at the same time:

dcs ufc

tacview

winwing combat panel

voice attack

and virtual cockpit f18...

Heres my export.lua,  New Text Document (4).txt dont know how to fix it to work...what to move before what?

There should be no compilation with Tacview and Vaicom, but I am not sure about the other scripts. Try to turn off the others and turn them on one at a time, checking which one causes a conflict

Well using other scripts together with yours

pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);

and this one together 

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

cuases a problem...

I even tried making yours shorter like this:

local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]])

This code below works fine (VC Simcockpit export+tavciew+vaicom+winwing), but when i add your code it messes with one form the below list...

dofile(".\\VCSServer\\FA18C.lua")
local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs= require('lfs'); dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\TacviewGameExport.lua]])
local wwtlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua]])

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

New version 1.0.2022.0211 avaible

- JF-17: added radio panel (COMM)
- app: part of the data receiving code has been optimized
- fixed display of the map panel on some types of devices
- changed color of "clicking" buttons to less visible
- some fonts have been changed

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@pet333r Hey bud, first off, MASSIVE THANK YOU!  This app is a lifesaver and is used every time I fly.  I primarily use it for the UFC (via tablet) and to view my F-18's fuel state (via phone).  It really is a game changer, almost to the degree of TrackIR to be honest.  It brings so much immersion.  Would give you more visibility if I could!

Second, are you by chance planning to bring in the new Apache to the fold of platforms supported?  I am downloading the latest DCS version myself, so have not even opened it yet but figure the keyboard alone would be handy to have sitting next to me to punch in updates versus using the mouse.

Not pushing, just curious.  If not, I will be happy with my A-10, F-18 and F-16 experiences being improved and still give you mad props!  Take it easy and thanks again buddy!

• Like 3