DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Hi,

Just installed the new version, and that does not works! I can use the buttons, but the app does not display infosrmations on the UFC because it try to connect to the computer IP.

I manually edit the ports, but still not working.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent

Edit : ok, that is working now. I manually entered the IPs. I was thinking that a automatic installation will detect also automatically IPs and ports.

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

On 6/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, vctpil said:

Hi,

Just installed the new version, and that does not works! I can use the buttons, but the app does not display infosrmations on the UFC because it try to connect to the computer IP.

I manually edit the ports, but still not working.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent

Edit : ok, that is working now. I manually entered the IPs. I was thinking that a automatic installation will detect also automatically IPs and ports.

Check if the IP addresses of the devices are correct, it is possible that the router assigned them new ones

fb_sa_map.jpg

Info for DCS UFC app users who have the new South Atlantic map. Please update the script to the latest version so that everything works properly when flying on this map. To do this, just run the "update_pw-dev_script" file in the script folder.

https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

This was working fine, and one day just stopped.  Now I can't connect anything.  phone or tablet.  IP's and ports are valid.  It says "Trying to Connect to x.x.x.x" then nothing.   No data, maps or anything.  Reinstalled the whole app, checked firewalls, checked IP addresses.  

Is there is test I can do on the computer and devices to see if it's sending?

1 hour ago, InclusiveDave said:

Hi, 

This was working fine, and one day just stopped.  Now I can't connect anything.  phone or tablet.  IP's and ports are valid.  It says "Trying to Connect to x.x.x.x" then nothing.   No data, maps or anything.  Reinstalled the whole app, checked firewalls, checked IP addresses.  

Is there is test I can do on the computer and devices to see if it's sending?

After the last update, mine stopped working as well, until I re-ran the included update file, update_pw-dev_script.bat

After that, everything worked again. I suspect that might be something we'll have to do whenever there's an update.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, No1sonuk said:

It initially shows the CDU data and switch positions, but then if you move away from the CDU, then back, it's all gone.
No display, default switch positions, and the in-game unit responds to the buttons on the device app.

Nothing, and no response to emails sent weeks ago either.

I was running the update from the 'updater'  I'll try the script directly.  Thanks!

Edit:  Same result, the script ran, updated successfully without errors.  No connection. 

The other services work fine.  (Tacview, Moving Map)

22 hours ago, Despayre said:

After the last update, mine stopped working as well, until I re-ran the included update file, update_pw-dev_script.bat

After that, everything worked again. I suspect that might be something we'll have to do whenever there's an update.

Edited by InclusiveDave

On 6/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, InclusiveDave said:

I was running the update from the 'updater'  I'll try the script directly.  Thanks!

Edit:  Same result, the script ran, updated successfully without errors.  No connection. 

The other services work fine.  (Tacview, Moving Map)

Send me the entire Scripts folder and screenshots with IP addresses of your devices. I will check where the cause of this may be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pet333r said:

Send me the entire Scripts folder and screenshots with IP addresses of your devices. I will check where the cause of this may be

I tried ths a while ago when you asked, but your email host rejected 3 attempts,  and you didn't respond when I tried to tell you.

Edited by No1sonuk

On 6/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, No1sonuk said:

I tried ths a while ago when you asked, but your email host rejected 3 attempts,  and you didn't respond when I tried to tell you.

Add this folder to some cloud service (Google Drive, Dropbox etc) and send me a link to the shared folder.

Google often doesn't allow add lua files as an email attachment because it considers them "suspicious".

• 2 weeks later...

Great app! I just downloaded it and tested it out and it works great. Just one question, is it somehow possible to get the MFDs to be exported to this app so I can see what buttons are what as well as TGP video? 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, pet333r said:

Where do I send it?    Will this upload work?

Edited by InclusiveDave

I've finally purchased the app and I love it. It really enhances the experience. Worth every penny! 🤩 The installation and setup was quick and painless btw.

So far I've tested it with A-10C an UH-1H and I have some (humble) suggestions & wishes. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm not a developer and I don't really know what's doable and what's not.

Here's my list, sorted by priority (from my POV of course):

1. MORE FLEXIBLE PANEL ACCESS IN APP - I'd love to have possibility to choose order of the panels and also option to exclude specific panels from use. So let's say for A-10C I want only UFC and CDU so I can just quickly switch between the two. Other than that it would be handy to have (optional) panel quick access buttons (top or bottom) so it's possible to quickly select a specific panel.

2. MFDs - it would be great if MFD button descriptions are also displayed in the app. So for example, in case of TGP obviously there would not be an actual TGP feed but OSB labels as on the actual TGP screen would be visible in the app as well. Also, in case of A-10C, it would be great to completely emulate DSMS, the same as CDU.

3. MAP - option to choose topographical maps of the terrain as used in DCS

4. COMMS - dedicated communications panel where all F1-F12 commands are displayed the same as in DCS.

5. MAP ZOOM - option to set the default map zoom.

6. MAP ICON - heli icon on map when flying helicopters.

Edited by Jascha

I am a little disillusioned with this app. At first, the MFD's are working only sporadically (the app crashes very often on the Google Chrome tablet when I use the MFD function). Other panels are working fine (UFC etc.). Settings are all correct (static IP's for tablet and PC, default port settings, firewall entries and so on).
At second, it only exports the MFD buttons, not the MFD images. I already have physical Cougar MFD's and a physical A-10 UFC panel, so unfortunately the app doesn't brings me an additional value in this case. The Map export doesn't work, too. It only shows the complete world map and doesn't recognize the location of the plane nor other map objects.

Another small but really annoying issue for me is, that DCS will be minimized as soon as the DCS Util.exe starts. Windows 10 doesn't have a function to keep the active program always in the foreground (like Ubuntu or other Linux distributions). That means that the frequency of my monitor and DCS is out of sync (I limited DCS to 60 fps by autoexec.cfg and in the Radeon Settings). So I have to maximize DCS again and have to press Alt+Enter to resynchronize it.

A further point is: there is no uninstall function in the script. If you want to remove the script from DCS you have to delete all its files and folders and have to erase the entry in the Export.lua manually (and hopefully don't forget something).

Don't misunderstand me, I have deep respect for your great work and of course it is a very useful app for a lot of DCS pilots (especially for those who don't have physical MFD's or UFC's) but for my usecase it is not the right one and by the description and the pictures I expected some more functions. As soon the map is working and the export of the MFD images will be implemented (and working reliable) I will give it another try.

Best regards,
Ithronwise

Edited by Ithronwise
Typos

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:52 PM, Jascha said:

I've finally purchased the app and I love it. It really enhances the experience. Worth every penny! 🤩 The installation and setup was quick and painless btw.

So far I've tested it with A-10C an UH-1H and I have some (humble) suggestions & wishes. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm not a developer and I don't really know what's doable and what's not.

Here's my list, sorted by priority (from my POV of course):

1. MORE FLEXIBLE PANEL ACCESS IN APP - I'd love to have possibility to choose order of the panels and also option to exclude specific panels from use. So let's say for A-10C I want only UFC and CDU so I can just quickly switch between the two. Other than that it would be handy to have (optional) panel quick access buttons (top or bottom) so it's possible to quickly select a specific panel.

2. MFDs - it would be great if MFD button descriptions are also displayed in the app. So for example, in case of TGP obviously there would not be an actual TGP feed but OSB labels as on the actual TGP screen would be visible in the app as well. Also, in case of A-10C, it would be great to completely emulate DSMS, the same as CDU.

3. MAP - option to choose topographical maps of the terrain as used in DCS

4. COMMS - dedicated communications panel where all F1-F12 commands are displayed the same as in DCS.

5. MAP ZOOM - option to set the default map zoom.

6. MAP ICON - heli icon on map when flying helicopters.

1. This is something I would also like to add, a question of finding some good solution not to change half of the application code

2. I even worked on it, the problem is that each panel and even each OSB button uses a lot of different data (it is not standardized in any way), it would require a huge amount of data checking

3. Pretty good idea, I need to check

4. It is also an idea that I would like to implement if it is possible

5 & 6. It won't be too complicated

On 7/16/2022 at 1:24 PM, Ithronwise said:

I am a little disillusioned with this app. At first, the MFD's are working only sporadically (the app crashes very often on the Google Chrome tablet when I use the MFD function). Other panels are working fine (UFC etc.). Settings are all correct (static IP's for tablet and PC, default port settings, firewall entries and so on).
At second, it only exports the MFD buttons, not the MFD images. I already have physical Cougar MFD's and a physical A-10 UFC panel, so unfortunately the app doesn't brings me an additional value in this case. The Map export doesn't work, too. It only shows the complete world map and doesn't recognize the location of the plane nor other map objects.

Another small but really annoying issue for me is, that DCS will be minimized as soon as the DCS Util.exe starts. Windows 10 doesn't have a function to keep the active program always in the foreground (like Ubuntu or other Linux distributions). That means that the frequency of my monitor and DCS is out of sync (I limited DCS to 60 fps by autoexec.cfg and in the Radeon Settings). So I have to maximize DCS again and have to press Alt+Enter to resynchronize it.

A further point is: there is no uninstall function in the script. If you want to remove the script from DCS you have to delete all its files and folders and have to erase the entry in the Export.lua manually (and hopefully don't forget something).

Don't misunderstand me, I have deep respect for your great work and of course it is a very useful app for a lot of DCS pilots (especially for those who don't have physical MFD's or UFC's) but for my usecase it is not the right one and by the description and the pictures I expected some more functions. As soon the map is working and the export of the MFD images will be implemented (and working reliable) I will give it another try.

Best regards,
Ithronwise

Thanks also for the criticism, it is also important to me

At the very beginning, update the entire script, it is possible that you have an older version and not everything works as it should (e.g. displaying the position on the map). And the application at that time has been significantly changed to make the best use of the possibilities.

As for the minimization of DCS after starting DCSUtil, I have not encountered such behavior yet, nor has anyone written about it before, I will check what may caused that because it's a bit strange

As for the application that installs the script, I wrote it to make script installation as easy as possible for users. Because some people encounter scripts in DCS for the first time or are just not sure where to copy it. As for the uninstall option, this is of course something that can also be added

On 7/8/2022 at 5:59 AM, pet333r said:

Send me the entire "Scripts" folder (along with all other files, not just my script)
via e-mail: piotr.wos.developer@gmail.com

I isolated just UFC in the scripts folder and it just worked. Made a new folder, and installed again.  Just the UFC updater.  Very happy. 

Edited by InclusiveDave
  • Like 1

Hi pet333r,

thank you for you reply. I downloaded the latest scripts-extended.zip from github and copied the contained folders to the Saved Games\DCS Folder. The MFD's are working much better now (no more connection problems). However, the map is working only sporadically and it seems it depends on the used plane. In the F-16 the map shows the position and the heading, speed and altitude information of the plane very reliably. In the Hornet or the Harrier it only works sometimes, mostly not.  All over features (UFC, right consoles and so on) are working fine.

On 7/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, pet333r said:

As for the minimization of DCS after starting DCSUtil, I have not encountered such behavior yet, nor has anyone written about it before, I will check what may caused that because it's a bit strange

With some testing I have found the cause of this behavior. It is Windows-related and has to do with the kind how I am starting DCS. I have a folder on my desktop which contains the shortcuts of all of my games. When I open it and click on the DCS shortcut the DCS window runs in the foreground, then goes into the background (behind the opened games shortcut folder), then starts in fullscreen and as soon the DCS menu screen is showing (and the DCS Util.exe is starting) Windows minimizes DCS to the task bar. This behavior is only showing with the installed Script Configurator for your app.

But if I am starting DCS without opening the games shortcut folder (e.g. by a DCS shortcut directly in the task bar) or I close the games shortcut folder right after DCS is starting, DCS stays maximized and in fullscreen the whole time with the DCS Util.exe running. So, obviously it is not a problem of your program but one of many Windows "features".

Best regards,
Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

On 4/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, pet333r said:

It does not display the image from MFD screens, but I am working on it also in the application

As its some years back now I was wondering if you have made some progress on this maybe ?  

Don't loads of great work here in that time, but exporting the MFD picture was always my primary interest here tho 🙂

Some years ago I used to use an app on my ipad which exported the A10C MFD ?

Hi,

Just bought the app. Love it. So usefull. Hope you'll keep it up to date!

BTW, I dare a wish (as you wrote in F-5 feature... more is coming) : add the F-5 armament panel would be much more usefull than the warning panel 🙂

Cheers

Dan

Edited by dggoofy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dggoofy said:

Hi,

Just bought the app. Love it. So usefull. Hope you'll keep it up to date!

BTW, I dare a wish (as you wrote in F-5 feature... more is coming) : add the F-5 armament panel would be much more usefull than the warning panel 🙂

Cheers

Dan

100% agree. 

I would even pay an extra few $$ for a second app that does armament panels for older planes like the F-5 and warbirds.. 

Also recently bought the DCS NAV map app to further help support @pet333r

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 2 weeks later...

New version 1.0.2022.0819 avaible

- A-10C: added COMM 1&2 on radio panel in portrait mode
- F-14: added AFCS panel
- F-16C CMDS: FL switch fixed
- Ka-50: added cautions panel
- Ka-50: improved display data and the display of the ABRIS button options has been added
- FC3: added ability to switch between panels
- added protection against application crash in case data from DCS are already being sent to another application on this device
- changed some graphics
- added Android 13 support

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

It's great having that AFCS panel for the F-14, but I'd like to suggest 2 fixes to a little "problem"... the problem is, that the screens are in no discernable order for me, and I don't use all of them, for example, the ACMP is generally right in front of me onscreen anyway, so I don't need a separate screen for it, or the RIO cap... but that isn't to say others don't use it, so... here's my 2 suggestions... feel completely free to ignore them. 😅

1) Create a settings page that allows you to turn off/on the screens you want/not want to be able to display so that you're not scrolling through screens you don't use

2) List the screens available, and show them in sequence, from left to right, clockwise as they are in the plane, ergo, if we start way over where the oxygen flow valve is, since that's where things always start in this plane, I'd like to see the screens in the following order, which also moves clockwise from left to right, and seems a more sensible order:

- AFCS

- Engines

- ACMP

- Displays

- Warnings

- Lights

- RIO CAP

Great app btw, use it every time I fly, keep up the great work! 🙂

Edited by Despayre

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

On 8/30/2022 at 5:46 AM, pet333r said:

- A-10C: added COMM 1&2 on radio panel in portrait mode
- F-14: added AFCS panel
- F-16C CMDS: FL switch fixed
- Ka-50: added cautions panel
- Ka-50: improved display data and the display of the ABRIS button options has been added
- FC3: added ability to switch between panels
- added protection against application crash in case data from DCS are already being sent to another application on this device
- changed some graphics
- added Android 13 support

Ka-50 Cautions working very well, thanks!

Now I can see cautions for my all my main aircraft

8 hours ago, Despayre said:

1) Create a settings page that allows you to turn off/on the screens you want/not want to be able to display so that you're not scrolling through screens you don't use

I agree with #1, that's been something I've thought would be good for a while since there are usually only 2 panels that I show for 2 tablets.

After you tap on a plane, when it pops up with the list of screens you could have a checkbox next to each one that would hide the ones you don't want. Alternatively the pw-dev-script cfg file would be easy too.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

On 8/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, pet333r said:

Great app, but unfortunately it crashes when the SPO-15 beryoza detects a surface-to-air missile. I've tried several times and it always crashes at that point. The app is installed on a Samsung Galaxy J6 mobile phone, Android version 10.  I'm pretty sure it was working fine before the update.