Stable version cancelled ? [ NO - it will be updated when we are happy with 2.5.6]

Jokletox

How about letting the module as it is for the stable version so people that bought it still can use what they spent money for?

Oh great lets just port stuff straight over from OB and just hope that it works on both versions, when time and time again they're a features that work on one, but are broken on another.

You're also saying that "ALL updates are in a beta state".

Yes, all the updates to OB are in a testing state, that's why they're on the OB.

Deal with it.

How about having LESS updates to fix at once

That's usually the case, but 2.5.6 was a big update, it changed a lot and when it was put to public testing there were lost

SO they can fix it easier rather than having a ton, not knowing where they're heading to and letting down stable players for months and months ?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The problem is they update OB too often. They should wait until OB is stable and then give it to the stable version.
:huh:

How is OB going to become stable without updating? They basically provide fixes as soon as they come out of the oven so to speak, this is so they can be tested by the public at large.

The present way of doing it will never catch up.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

This really isn't too different when 1.5 and 2.0 were 2 different things, and people wanting to play both the Caucasus map and the NTTR map had to wait years before they could...

Hopefully that puts into perspective what RyukoSoan is saying, it's been months... So what? 1.5 players had to wait years!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The problem is they update OB too often. They should wait until OB is stable and then give it to the stable version. Then go ahead and give OB new updates.

The present way of doing it will never catch up.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

WOW there's a actually talking about the same thing I'm talking. The way they update OB again and again rather than fixing what is already out. I hope the way you said it is gonna make other people understand what we are talking about here.

Had to EDIT for Lunatic98, apparently, that was not enough. Einstein is back on Earth to find a way to explain it.

Edited by RyukoSoan

:huh:

How is OB going to become stable without updating? They basically provide fixes as soon as they come out of the oven so to speak, this is so they can be tested by the public at large.

So you're saying that in 4 months, NOTHING new came out, and ALL they did was fixing ? :doh:

(By updating he means adding new features. I don't know how to explaint it with less words..)

Edited by RyukoSoan

So you're saying that in 4 months, NOTHING new came out, and ALL they did was fixing ? :doh:

:wallbash:

What part of 2.5.6 was a major update aren't you getting?

What part of 2.5.5 open beta is a separate version of DCS to 2.5.5 stable aren't you getting?

I mean sure, something updated to work on one version must absolutely work on a different one, can't think why it wouldn't.

Quick hide those bug reports, reporting how features that work on one got broken on another before RyukoSoan sees them!

Tell you what RyukoSoan, I'll try writing an app designed to work in iOS 12, it must work on iOS 13 right? Right!? :doh:

Look the updates to the OB, are designed to work... On the OB. Once they're stable and fixed, they'll only be so, on that version. So what we'd have to do is release a feature on the OB, test it on the OB, fix it on the OB if necessary, test it on stable, fix on stable if necessary. So what we've just done is doubled the workload, and once stable gets updated to 2.5.6 that effort will have been for nothing, just to appease the impatient. Sounds like a good use of resources.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

What part of 2.5.6 was a major update aren't you getting?

:doh: Ok, that's the last time I'm talking to you. Getting tired of saying the same things again and again. Losing my time for nothing. What about making the first version of 2.5.6 stable at FIRST THEN starting to implemanting other features ? (definetly not gonna read your answer, it was just to help you understand what I'm talking about here.)

Because there are no keys?

In 2.5.5 the A-10C, KA-50 and FC3 still use the Starforce copy protection. That's why serials are needed for those modules.

If RyukoSoan's friend bought one of those modules, ED should provide the serials.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

In 2.5.5 the A-10C, KA-50 and FC3 still use the Starforce copy protection. That's why serials are needed for those modules.

If RyukoSoan's friend bought one of those modules, ED should provide the serials.

Thank you. And when he asked for one, they said that he has to download the beta.

Thank you. And when he asked for one, they said that he has to download the beta.

This is really ridiculous. It seems that stable is still only an afterthought for ED. They really have to improve in that regard. Problem is not that stable isn't updated often enough, but that it is sometimes left in very bad shape for a long time. On current stable the new a-10c cockpit is really lacking without the 2.5.6 lighting improvment f.e.

If stable was in a good spot with fewer loose ends, it would absolutely not be a problem waiting several month for an update!

Lynuux said "You need to contact support to get a serial number for Ka-50". That's why I said that they didn't gave him a key for those modules on Stable. Read the whole conversation.

I'm gonna ignore the rest of your answer because that has nothing to relate with what we are all talking about.

Are you gonna tell me that if he wants to fly KA50 and A10 he has to update to the beta as he can't get a serial number for stable ? Product is now keyless, ok, but not on stable. That makes it unobtainable for him.

I thought you meant a key for beta in general, which is not a thing. Your initial statement was a bit vague, just ''doesn't work''. Regardless, the fix is easy and only takes a few minutes, so don't know what to tell you.

Seems there's an influx recently of people that enjoy complaining, but don't want solutions @@ They do love their dramatic posting, though!

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

No need for alarmist posts.

As you may be aware we have had some problems with 2.5.6 open beta, until we are happy those issues are resolved we will not be updating the stable version.

Once we are happy we will update the stable version.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2