What tranche are we getting ?

DieSaureGurke

The most important question indeed!! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

they shiow eurofighter with DCS aim120(c5), so its trench 2 block 10 (c5 aim120)

but turegit say "recently luftwafe uesd" Germany used trench 1 until 2019,

So ....... in conclusion .......neither this module never development started

Edited by lee1hy

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

It's almost as if all 3 Tranches were in use at once, at some point, with new birds being delivered. Crazy, I know.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

they shiow eurofighter with DCS aim120(c5), so its trench 2 block 10 (c5 aim120)

So ....... in conclusion .......neither this module never development started

so what medium range radar missile did EF's use prior to the Aim120c-5 capability that got introduced with tranche 2?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

so what medium range radar missile did EF's use prior to the Aim120 capability that got introduced with tranche 2?

The AMRAAM was introduced at DAY 1 of the Eurofighter existence

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont understand how so many people have the Idea that the Tranche 1 Eurofighter lacked Aim-120 Capability =P.

The Focus for Tranche 1 was Air-Air.

So obsiously it would have to have a Medium range or long range missile.

And The Aim-120 has been the Nato standard for Medium range Air-Air missiles since the 1990s

(And was in use by Most of the Nations that took part in the development of the Eurofighter)

So obiously it would be part of the Day 1 Air-Air Armaments =P.

Here is an Example of a 1999 article

https://www.flightglobal.com/war-of-words-over-eurofighter-missile/26837.article

Edited by mattebubben

The AMRAAM was introduced at DAY 1 of the Eurofighter existence

so tranche 1 just had a version earlier than AIm120C-5?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Probably due to until as late as 2010 promotional material for Typhoon included the Aspide missile and the Captor radar was shown with an illuminator module for it. People probably assumed Aspide was the original weapon until AMRAAM was available..i mean who would use an Aspide and fit an illuminator module to a Jet if you had access to even an AMRAAM A model?

The Captor radar was never fitted with a CW illuminator. I haven't seen any official material relating Aspide to the Typhoon. Maybe only in Italy, but Aspide was never part of the requirements and AMRAAM was planned from the very beginning. Less known is the fact that the US and Europe planned the development of ASRAAM and AMRAAM as NATO's next generation short and medium range missiles suceeding the AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM-7 Sparrow. The plan was AMRAAM to be developed by the US and ASRAAM to be developed by the UK and Germany. In the late 80s the US opted for the AIM-9X instead and Germany pulled out eventually developing the IRIS-T which was at least partially inspired by the R-73 of its MiG-29s inherited from the former East German Airforce.

edit: yep

With that Picture I somehow wish to have a training version of the EF (and some other planes) in DCS. Yes, there is no multicrew as stated in the FAQ (since it only has the controls etc. in the backseat for the instructor), but having someone more experienced who can share his knowledge with someone like me would be very nice...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

The Captor radar was never fitted with a CW illuminator. I haven't seen any official material relating Aspide to the Typhoon. Maybe only in Italy, but Aspide was never part of the requirements and AMRAAM was planned from the very beginning. Less known is the fact that the US and Europe planned the development of ASRAAM and AMRAAM as NATO's next generation short and medium range missiles suceeding the AIM-9 Sidewinder and AIM-7 Sparrow. The plan was AMRAAM to be developed by the US and ASRAAM to be developed by the UK and Germany. In the late 80s the US opted for the AIM-9X instead and Germany pulled out eventually developing the IRIS-T which was at least partially inspired by the R-73 of its MiG-29s inherited from the former East German Airforce.

I`ll dig around in the attic and see if i still have the brochure on the captor from a tour of Selex Edinburgh i did a few years ago. They listed Captor as being Aspide compatible with the optional CW illuminator module.