[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

Very cool to hear those news. A dream comes true.

Are you planing to include the voice controlled cockpit commands/features and if yes how ?

Any plans for the two seater/training version ?

Edited by [de].Impact

image.png

What version we will get?

"Austrian Special"

:music_whistling:

:lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How different are the different nations' eurofighters?
The basic packet is sold to each country, then each country (into the program) can change libraries to DASS, or sw interfaces with weapons, (UK wanted without cannon but that it isn't possible) but all are very similar.

I would be interested in how you guys came to decide to develop a virtual Eurofighter and decided on DCS as a platform. Although no matter how I'm certainly glad that you did :)

Hi Etirion,

we are glad to hear you are stoked!

All of us have a special connection to the Eurofighter Typhoon. We also can't think of a greater jet to bring to life in DCS!

In our eyes DCS was the perfect fit for the Typhoon. To name only one reason: The great VR capabilities and amazing graphics.

Thanks,

Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

In the official newsletter the module was referred to as Eurofighter Typhoon II.

Does this mean that we are getting a Tranche 2 Eurofighter Typhoon or is this just to make clear that we are getting an Eurofighter Typhoon and not the original WW2 Typhoon?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter27032020-zghbvfnfr88xb2vdbd09gtujjye17qzx.html

-Joelsi

Wow, thank you to Dash and TG! An early order from me.

The Luftwaffe Tr.1 minus PIRATE is a pretty unique variant. I presume the initial model is a Tr.1 Block 5 SRP 4.3 with Paveway but little else in the A2G department. The letter says 'Eurofighter Typhoon II', but I am surpised that GmbH / Selex / MBDA would give away a lot of data for the Tr.2 - even a Bl. 8 sounds like a stretch given confidential information.

PIRATE would be great, but preume that you cannot promise anything at this early stage?

In any case, great news and the best of luck to you and the team.

Wow, thank you to Dash and TG! An early order from me.

The Luftwaffe Tr.1 minus PIRATE is a pretty unique variant. I presume the initial model is a Tr.1 Block 5 SRP 4.3 with Paveway but little else in the A2G department. The letter says 'Eurofighter Typhoon II', but I am surpised that GmbH / Selex / MBDA would give away a lot of data for the Tr.2 - even a Bl. 8 sounds like a stretch given confidential information.

PIRATE would be great, but preume that you cannot promise anything at this early stage?

In any case, great news and the best of luck to you and the team.

Does the PIRATE include the ASRAAM? There are soooo many opportunities for inappropriate jokes if it does...

Does the PIRATE include the ASRAAM? There are soooo many opportunities for inappropriate jokes if it does...

PIRATE is the IRST - the German Tr.1 verison lacks them (which is a pity). IRST or Sidewinder, but not ASRAAM I would expect.

But all models - IIRC - had HMDs, so should get a HOBS capability.

Are you going to include the Taurus cruise missile?

I doubt MBDA would give details on current, advanced weapons so Storm Shadow, Meteor and Brimstone are likely out.

Edited by Bluenose

PIRATE is the IRST - the German Tr.1 verison lacks them (which is a pity). IRST or Sidewinder, but not ASRAAM I would expect.

But all models - IIRC - had HMDs, so should get a HOBS capability.

I doubt MBDA would give details on current, advanced weapons so Storm Shadow, Meteor and Brimstone are likely out.

IRST is not the same thing as IRIS-T missile (which is the off-boresight missile most Typhoon operators use). German Typhoons lack the former, but do carry the latter. I'm not sure whether the IRIS-T was introduced after Tranche 1 though.

IRST is not the same thing as IRIS-T missile (which is the off-boresight missile most Typhoon operators use). German Typhoons lack the former, but do carry the latter. I'm not sure whether the IRIS-T was introduced after Tranche 1 though.

Yeah, typo - I know the difference :)

Following up on the concept of “Epic Modules” and the Typhoon being one as mentioned in the FAQ, are there any current DCS modules that would also be considered “Epic Modules”?

What makes a module an “Epic Module"?

Also, would like to point out that "open access" is just another term for "open beta" and it would silly to think that a module as complex as the Typhoon wouldn't be released "early access" as soon as the basics are in place! It generates a revenue stream that benefits everyone from the player thru the module developer to the DCS world maintainers and is a sound business decision 99.9% of the time...

This profile (jlummel) is not in use anymore!

I managed to recover my original forum profile, StressLess, and have gone back to using it!

Following up on the concept of “Epic Modules” and the Typhoon being one as mentioned in the FAQ, are there any current DCS modules that would also be considered “Epic Modules”?

What makes a module an “Epic Module"?

My interpretation is every module with the $79.99 price tag on it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings