[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

...Also, check us out on Instagram (@truegrit_official), where I will also keep you updated on our progress.

May I suggest that you stick to an open platform (Web site) instead of leading us all to the Facebook privacy-sucking universe? :music_whistling: Some of us never went/want that route.

Of course, if all that information will also be posted here, it is fine.

• Like 1

Houba! Hop!

I have seen that you updated the FAQ with answer to some of my questions....thanks

May I suggest you to make contact with Dino Cattaneo?At least for information sharing.

He is the creator of the ef2000 (and other famous aircraft) for another simulation platform (a very famous civilian one) and its efa is very well done, with a very good and comprehensive manual.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

IRST is not the same thing as IRIS-T missile (which is the off-boresight missile most Typhoon operators use). German Typhoons lack the former, but do carry the latter. I'm not sure whether the IRIS-T was introduced after Tranche 1 though.

I have no idea why this assumption is so pervasive. Here, a German Typhoon with PIRATE:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhtka.hu%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F08%2FEurofighter_Typhoon_Luftwaffe.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I am glad to here you are introducing that aircraft what a great addition. And to your team good luck..

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

I have no idea why this assumption is so pervasive. Here, a German Typhoon with PIRATE:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhtka.hu%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F08%2FEurofighter_Typhoon_Luftwaffe.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

That is also the only (I think) German single seat typhoon with PIRATE, notice the first number not being 30 or 31. The 98 indicates its part of the WTD 61 (The testing facility), iirc this aircraft used to be a testing bed for the entire program and has since been upgraded to tranche 2 (although Its been a while since I've read that story and am not entirely sure its EXACTLY this aircraft). In service Typhoons of the German air force do not have PIRATE, Germany exited being part of the PIRATE development in 1991 due to cost with the option to implement it later, which hasn't happened (yet).

Edit: This is Instrumented Production Aircraft (IPA) 7 https://www.eurofighter.com/multimedia/details/eads-d-ipa-7-with-heavy-weapon-load-619

Edited by Etirion

I am not pushing hard because of the issues that may come with not meeting with schedule. I know you guys just started work on the EF2000. Would it be possible to give us a projected time frame tentatively for us to get any form of release product [ pre-order, Early access etc] of this module?

Like a year, a year and half, etc?

Once again, thank you for choosing to do this aircraft. As you can see, a lot of us are hyped already.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

May I suggest that you stick to an open platform (Web site) instead of leading us all to the Facebook privacy-sucking universe? :music_whistling: Some of us never went/want that route.

Of course, if all that information will also be posted here, it is fine.

The Instagram is only another way to keep people that are already using the platform up to date with pictures and videos (hence the "also"). A Website in the works which I will also post here once it is ready. The main way of communication will of course be this platform here.

Thanks,

Dash

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen that you updated the FAQ with answer to some of my questions....thanks

May I suggest you to make contact with Dino Cattaneo?At least for information sharing.

He is the creator of the ef2000 (and other famous aircraft) for another simulation platform (a very famous civilian one) and its efa is very well done, with a very good and comprehensive manual.

Thank you for the enthusiasm VirusAM,

good suggestion, we are always on the lookout for motivated guys to pitch in.

Thanks,

Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why TG stands for True Grit??... For me and from now on, it stands for True Gift...

Thank you so much for bringing this eagerly awaited module to live, specially for european vPilots

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

The PIRATE is only fitted to German Instrumented Production Aircraft 3, 7 and 8. All of them are plain test assets to support the international development programmes. Only IPA3 is formally owned by the Luftwaffe and assigned to the WTD61 at Manching, the german Armed forces operational test and evaluation unit for aircraft and airborne weapon systems. IPA7 and 8 are both owned by NETMA and assigned to industry for the above mentioned development test work.

In-service aircraft lack the PIRATE, but it's easily retrofitable. Germany may opt for the PIRATE for its Tranche 4 (Quadriga) aircraft and could easily retrofit the system to any of its in-service aircraft, if required.

An absolute dream coming true, thx a lot for the Typhoon, but...

Would it be possible to give us a projected time frame tentatively for us to get any form of release product [ pre-order, Early access etc] of this module?

+1 This is exactly what i wanted to ask as well...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

As an A2G focused player, I would like to know if this is going to be the early Air to Air original model or are you guys planning to doing the later Multirole variant?

I can see that you have already started working on modeling the cockpit so this decision should have already been made at this point.

Any clarification on this would be very appreciated. I will grab this jet no matter which variant but would like to know if us A2G players have some missiles to look forward to and not yet another bomb dropping air superiority fighter.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

As an A2G focused player, I would like to know if this is going to be the early Air to Air original model or are you guys planning to doing the later Multirole variant?

I can see that you have already started working on modeling the cockpit so this decision should have already been made at this point.

Any clarification on this would be very appreciated. I will grab this jet no matter which variant but would like to know if us A2G players have some missiles to look forward to and not yet another bomb dropping air superiority fighter.

The FAQ says Tranche 1 and German, I think only the Brits had LGB and TGP for T1. We might be able to drop LGBs for off late designator but that will be it.

Block 5 of a late tape did introduce AG gun:)

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The FAQ says Tranche 1 and German, I think only the Brits had LGB and TGP for T1. We might be able to drop LGBs for off late designator but that will be it.

The RAF rushed software package 4.2 which added the Litening pod and ability to carry Paveway II - and possibly IV? This was evolved into package 4.3 which I think was adopted by the Luftwaffe for their Tr.1 fleet. I recall seeing pics of Luftwaffe examples at Red Flag with bombs, which I have a feeling were Tr.1s, but obviously Dash would know the details.

The wider A2G package is later software on the Block 8 and after, which is Tr.2. The Tr.2 has a different core computer, so no-one has turned their Tr.1s into Tr.2s. I would suspect that TG would therefore be limited to the austere A2G of LGBs unless they can subsequently model a Tr.2, but they may cross into restricted info territory and tie their hands. Same with Meteor, which is PE1b and hence not available for the Tr.1s.

There is a general move to replace the older Tr.1s with Tr.2s and 3s, which are proper multi-role aircraft. In fact, some Tr.1s and early Tr.2s are starting to pop-up on the 2nd hand market. The RAF is keeping 2 Tr.1 units for QRA, but otherwise those aircraft are being retired for cost reasons.

The German gov’t recently confirmed 40 new Tr.3s to replace the old Tr.1s as the latter are now not very flexible. So my bet would be Tr1, Bl.5, SRP4.3 with a variety of A2A but only LGB for A2G. Still a cracking aircraft, though, and 100% early access for me.

Just to clarify Luftwaffe were already using IRST ( missile) by the time of Tranche 1 block 5? Since the Uk version already had thier own contemporary : Aim132's by then.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Just to clarify Luftwaffe were already using IRST ( missile) by the time of Tranche 1 block 5? Since the Uk version already had thier own contemporary : Aim132's by then.

IRST is the IR system for the Typhoon, to simplify. The missile is IRIS-T (just to clarify).

Daniel

FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon

The FAQ doesn’t say anything about any tranche.

It says only that they will start with a german version

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I am not pushing hard because of the issues that may come with not meeting with schedule. I know you guys just started work on the EF2000. Would it be possible to give us a projected time frame tentatively for us to get any form of release product [ pre-order, Early access etc] of this module?

+1 from me. A rough date would be interesting for now - That it won't be held is quite certain because of the complexity (technical, organisational and also probably on the limited data available) so I could live with it, if it takes longer.

In fact, some Tr.1s and early Tr.2s are starting to pop-up on the 2nd hand market...

Is there like an eBay equivalent where you can see the listings? :huh::D Asking for a friend

Edited by Voodoo_One

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

The FAQ doesn’t say anything about any tranche.

It says only that they will start with a german version

True, but if you look the current DCS line-up and the the fact that Tr.2 is an aircraft are currently deployed as a core fighter force I would anticipate that EF GmbH / core component companies would be hesitent to provide accurate data concerning the Tr. 2. It is simply too new and too advanced for the release of necessary information - which is understandable.

I am wondering how TG can get accurate PRAETORIAN info (the DASS) from Selex as this is fairly confidential.

But all strength to them!