[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

Wait it does that in real life?

Yes....and much more.....

It also has voice commands

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi TrueGrit, the Newsletter stated:

I would be interested to know how your team is composed. From that 15 people, how many coders(FM,avionics,weapons?), artists...are working on the EF-2000?

Thank you in advance :beer:

Since we are adding new members to the team constantly it is tough to give you an answer on that. We have a good mix of all sorts of experts in their field. Thats what makes us great!

Thanks, Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dash,

Welcome and thank you for coming in with this particular project. All the best and good luck to the TrueGrit team!

Also, thanks for making me laugh --

How much will the Eurofighter Typhoon module cost?

We will launch the Typhoon in the class of “Epic Modules”. Expect the price in the same range.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Another question if you dont mind,

Is the 3D model in the images so far True Grits work or has it been purchased as a mock up?

If so will you guys be making your own 3D model

Cant wait for more news

Their 3D artist is TheFragger from Miltech-5:

I did everything you saw on the new EF2000 Screenshots. Throttle, Stick, HUP, LH/RH Glareshield and the MDEF.

For the: BO105:

She's not on hold.

I'll do 1 day EF2000 and the other the BO105.

The german Version is currently in the re-vamp state.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good Luck Guys, Even though its not a US Fighter the EF2000 has always been a little bit of a favorite of mine.

If you need anytype of GFX assistance dont hesitate to ask.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I always wondered why does the Rafael and Eurofighter look so similar? anyone know.

More importantly - will you make story based campaigns when this bird is done and released. I like campaigns with story/mission etc

Edited by spacefox

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

• ED Team

Hi all

please be aware of our forum rules at the top of the page.

1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document is from a classified or ITAR controlled source.

When posting aircraft, sensor or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document showing that it is 100% public and verified as not from a classified or non-ITAR controlled source. To not do so will result in the removal of the message.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I always wondered why does the Rafael and Eurofighter look so similar? anyone know.

More importantly - will you make story based campaigns when this bird is done and released. I like campaigns with story/mission etc

In the early 80s, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and France decided to develop a new fighter. Studies began but ultimately disagreements appeared between France and the other 4 so they left the party and developped their own plane (Rafale not rafael). My guess is that they all had already agreed on the delta wing + canards configuration so they look kinda similar.

In the early 80s, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and France decided to develop a new fighter. Studies began but ultimately disagreements appeared between France and the other 4 so they left the party and developped their own plane (Rafale not rafael). My guess is that they all had already agreed on the delta wing + canards configuration so they look kinda similar.

The delta/canard configuration is also pretty much the best you can go for, assuming a) you don't care about stealth and b) you can rely on FBW to make the thing flyable.

Super Mirage 4000 (anyone remembers it?) first flew in 1979 and already had canards + delta wing

It had Fixed Canards though.

So the Viggen Significantly predated it in that area.

(And Fixed canards became more popular in the 70s/80s appearing on the Kfir and on many upgraded Mirage IIIs etc)

The Big deal about the later Canard Deltas (Gripen,Eurofighter,Rafale and J-10 etc) is the fact that the Canards are fully moving.

Edited by mattebubben

It had Fixed Canards though.

So the Viggen Significantly predated it in that area.

(And Fixed canards became more popular in the 70s/80s appearing on the Kfir and on many Mirage III Variants)

The Big deal about the later Canard Deltas (Gripen,Eurofighter,Rafale and J-10 etc) is the fact that the Canards are fully moving.

To my knowledge the Mirage 4000's canards were already trimable. The fixed canards already emerged from the 1960s on Mirage III knockoffs.

the difference that you notice between EUROFIGHTER and RAFALE and that RAFALE is an embarked plane.

Maybe the French when the Eurofighter was developing they wanted to make a boarded version and therefore they decided to detach themselves from the project and make their own plane for their own facts

efanaval.jpg

Edited by Xilon_x

the difference that you notice between EUROFIGHTER and RAFALE and that RAFALE is an embarked plane.

Maybe the French when the Eurofighter was developing they wanted to make a boarded version and therefore they decided to detach themselves from the project and make their own plane for their own facts

efanaval.jpg

This picture is from a proposal for India, when Airbus threw the Eurofighter into the competition for a new fighter aircraft for India. They advertised the possibility to navalize the Eurofighter for Indias aircraft carrier.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg