[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

• 4 weeks later...
The Rafale is argueably more maneuverable at low to medium subsonic speeds, the Typhoon scores at supersonic turn rates. The difference in engine thrust is actually not as significant if you factor in the weight difference in compareable configurations. But becomes more evident high up and when the Rafale is loaded heavily. Despite being somewhat smaller and lighter the Rafale has a higher MTOW than the Typhoon and thus a notably higher payload capacity.

In terms of instantaneous turn rate, I would agree due to a higher allowable AoA and the close coupled canards strengthening the vortices over the wings. However this is as mentioned at the cost of drag. (This is an advantage the AMK kit for the EF would probably eliminate however)

As such the EF I'd wager has a higher sustained turn rate at any altitude, thanks to the higher thrust engines and lower induced drag of its design.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Rafale_c said:

Is the project still alive? There hasn't been any news for months

It's very much still alive. It's just in a VERY early phase of development where there isn#t much to talk about or even show.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I just wonder why non of representatives of TrueGrid then from last year did not even turn up or said anything or just give us like something to state that this project is alive and that work is in progress, as I understand and anyone else is just matter of curtesy to at least show up from time to time and advise or respond to people’s questions, as I myself as parity much anyone else and we talking about hundreds of thousands people that are expecting this module and we are willing to wait and pay what price tag will be as we trust and expect this amazing fighter specially developed by ex pilots of this beast!

Now is sad to say that but I don’t want this project to die in a shadow and remain as a just dream for many of us! While we can and have time we want to be able enjoy this future peace of art! 

I wish all the best to the development team and keep it alive don’t give up and I know is not easy but we are here for support and if anything needed TrueGrid just let us “people” know! 

Thanks all much appreciated 

Have a great day boyz and girls!

Stan “Smiley” - Audio Designer Echo19 

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

Patience is the key word here...

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• IronMike changed the title to [Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion
  • IronMike unpinned this topic