[REPORTED] SA PAGE DROPPING FPS

Airmage

Hi. In the last few days i get huge fps drop in the hornet when switching to SA page, especially on 160nm range on the display(IN MULTIPLAYER).

General performance in the bug when playing multiplayer is very bad (unplayable). Did not have this problem 2 weeks ago for example.

Also game loading times in general have increased(it's just my impression), and ocasional stutters appear for no appearent reason.

Is it due to an update ? I made no hardware changes.

Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7 GHz; Gygabite Aorus gaming X470; 32 GB RAM @2666 GHz; Samsung SSD m.2 500 gb nvme; video Aorus Radeon RX 580 8gb. PC is 2 months old.

In the screenshot are the options.

Deleted fxo and metashaders2 folders btw (they appear back anyway) but there was no change.

Other players online said fps is just fine.

Pls help.

Screen_190418_110740.thumb.png.51605dd71f5aa3d1ff510e7f4ec089bd.png

Edited by Airmage

• 2 months later...

Have just done a fresh reinstall and am now having the same issue as the OP, as soon as i switch to the SA page my framerates get cut in half half, MP is now almost unplayable (GS and blueflag persian gulf) if i wish to use the SA page, SP is the same going from 100+ to under 50 whenever i turn the page on. DXdiag attached and like the OP other players are also reporting no issues.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by fragal

https://streamable.com/hs004 taken from growling sidewinder server (FPS counter in top left) not sure what else to do uninstalled, reinstalled removed shaders cache, always seems to be the same no matter what vid setting i choose from low running in a window to full screen running at high, it's like it's being limited somewhere like when using vsync but vsync's not on. :/

https://streamable.com/hs004 taken from growling sidewinder server (FPS counter in top left) not sure what else to do uninstalled, reinstalled removed shaders cache, always seems to be the same no matter what vid setting i choose from low running in a window to full screen running at high, it's like it's being limited somewhere like when using vsync but vsync's not on. :/

Did you check your AMD card settings outside of the game? Most settings seem to get overwritten by the game but Vsync and also wait for vertical refresh are settings that get through and can really mess things up. Also make sure that frame rate lock didn’t get turned on.

Yes nvidia control panel was set to default with no effect I have managed to resolve this now though but thanks for the suggestion.

Updated .net to 4.8 runtime fixed the issue still not totally smooth but is now playable.

saw another thread with same issue.

if it is the similar thing: check your CPU (not GPU!) clock frq while having those frame drops. the other guy with AMD CPU has about 1.5 GHz while drops occur. (Else: 3+ GHz)

can't remember if they solved his problem...

just a thought that might put you on the right trail?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I have the same exact problem. From my testing the SA page reduces FPS about by about 25% and the radar attack page by additional 15-20%.The frame time starts to fluctuate with those pages on as well causing "microstutter". Datalink OFF reduces the hit a little bit.

This is present in single player as well for me. I tested it in the BVR 8v8 instant mission.

Clean, fresh install, version 2.5.5.38140.

This problem was also reported here, I experience the same frame time rendering spikes, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3818564&nojs=1

Suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Reported many times.

It's a CPU load issue with some inefficiency of the sharing of contacts, or raycasts (datalink LOS) between donors, raycasts (radar line of sight) against the contacts themselves, or something.

It's n squared, so you don't notice it with few contacts, but becomes a huge issue with many contacts.

The inefficient function(s) is(are) not done every cycle, so it causes stuttering as opposed to a uniform frame drop.

Drawing the actual icon graphics on the display is trivial.

• 5 months later...

Hy @Guppy

I noticed this too in this post (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248825&page=5). I think you did in past too. :)

This problem in FPS for me only occurs when I have the SA page open AND the Dispenser is on. When one of the two is turn off I don't have this problem. Another guy reports the same.

ps: In the same post I put my track.

It seems that this problem came up with the last update of the NVidia drive. One guy suggested going back to the previous drive. It looks like it worked.

Edited by Nazgûl

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Hy @Guppy

I noticed this too in this post (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248825&page=5). I think you did in past too. :)

This problem in FPS for me only occurs when I have the SA page open AND the Dispenser is on. When one of the two is turn off I don't have this problem. Another guy reports the same.

ps: In the same post I put my track.

It seems that this problem came up with the last update of the NVidia drive. One guy suggested going back to the previous drive. It looks like it worked.

I was just about to respond with an update. The newest Nvidia drivers are the problem. Reverting back to 442.74 resolved this issue for me.

Same here, SA page unusable (100 FPS down to 10-5), driver version is 445.75

Modules: Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandie, FC3, CA, Super Carrier, A-10C, A-10C II, F/A-18C, F-16 C, F-14 B, SA342, and WWII stuff.

Hardware: I7 8700K, Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11Go OC, 32Gb RAM, screen resolution 2K

Devices: Hotas Warthog, Cougar MFDs, Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR

My squadron: http://jtff.fr/SITE/

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here in single player mission:

DCS 2.5.6.47404

Nvidia drivers 450.82

Windows 10 Pro (2004), build 19041.208

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (4.4 GHz)

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO, Z97

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133 C9 2x8GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8GB GDDR5 (256 bit)

SSD used for DCS: Samsung 860 Pro 512GB

Same here, SA page unusable (100 FPS down to 10-5), driver version is 445.75

Well there's a reason I renamed one of my driver installation files after reading up on performance issues at ED's:

dax83ld5.jpg

I guess the momentary recommendation for DCS is to go with the 442s. Shouldn't be any noticable difference between 19 and 75 though AFAIK.

Anything from 445 on just seems to cause issues...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I reverted to 442.74. The massive FPS loss went away. However, doing some testing. There is still ~10 fps drop from the SA page / dispenser combo. ED should probably look at there code anyways and see if there is a more efficient method of coding the display of the chaff / flares, etc on the SA page.

Having same issue, losing about 40-50fps, which is not good!

Please fix.

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

I found 441.41 worked best for my 2070Super. No more .ppt presentation.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Hi, guys when you set parameters in Nvidia Control Panel do you notice a difference in DCS?

I mean if you put full AA by ex or 0 AA do you noticed something different in DCS

Here i noticed no difference about FPS and about quality

Nvidia Control Panel has no action on DCS?

Best regards