[REPORTED] SA PAGE DROPPING FPS

Airmage

Hi, it seems with these drivers (not older), and SA page it makes graphics card throttle, why only with SA page?

I haven't seen any technical answer given as to the why but I am not sure if they know the why of it.

Is it same for you?

I fly on live side in VR and almost exclusively in the 18. I don't have one of the problematic drivers and I always have the SA page open at the 40 mile range. I don't notice any loss of performance by having the SA page up.

The interesting thing is: even with most up-to-date drivers on 2D, I only have the FPS drop SOMETIMES, not all the time. (both SP and MP - some MP nights are fine, some have a 20 - 50% drop and I didn't find the connecting factor, yet)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I haven't heard that. Do you have a link?

In my opinion, this is definitely not a driver issue.

X-Plane 11 is running Vulkan for more than a week now and requires nvidia driver 445.x or above. I have the same frame rate than before, but not stuttering anymore.

What will happen when DCS will be able to use Vulkan ?

Driver is doing great in xplane, msfs2020 alfa and any other game but DCS....

DCS "its a driver issue"

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

The interesting thing is: even with most up-to-date drivers on 2D, I only have the FPS drop SOMETIMES, not all the time. (both SP and MP - some MP nights are fine, some have a 20 - 50% drop and I didn't find the connecting factor, yet)

It’s when the dispenser is on and the CM counters appear on the SA page, one or the other is ok, both (dispenser on, and SA page up) cause the dip in frames

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I have found 442.59 works best and lets you still play Doom eternal

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X X570 AORUS PRO WIFI Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB Samsung SSD 860 QVO AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8G 32Gb HyperX 3600 MSI MAG321CQR Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick T.Flight Rudder Pedals Buddy-Fox control box

It’s when the dispenser is on and the CM counters appear on the SA page, one or the other is ok, both (dispenser on, and SA page up) cause the dip in frames

I know that: even with Dispenser on - I don't have it always.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The F/A-18 isn't the only module affected; the A-10C is having the same problem. Last night flew a mission that starts with F/A-18 for SEAD then I fly the A-10 to obliterate the tanks. Seeing FPS drop from 60 to 12 on both modules; especially when either use the TGP.

The TGP in the Hog has gone back to almost useless in all 3 modes.

Well, it's happening to me in the A-10 now too, just started using it in missions, not just training with it. Moved in on an EWR and 2 launchers operating had MAV display up and tpod, and the frame rate just completely took a shit, and I know it's not my pc hardware, I tried a few more times and I can't hardy do anything when it happens, it cripples the sim:mad:

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I will not "downgrade" a new driver. Hope they can fix it.

I wouldn't bet on that one... for me it seems that for ED the case is closed, as soon as they marked it with "driver issue"

Very disappointing that there is such a lack of support on this issue, since it seems to be from ED site.

Hornet SA Page fps drop

A10C SA Page fps drop

JF17 SA Page runs fine

Hornet is very limited at the moment, except you run old drivers, which should not how it should be...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

What does "driver issue" mean? Do we have to revert to the older driver whenever we want to play with hornet?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Godsend indeed!

I've spent the last two days trying (almost) everything to figure out why my frames were sawtoothing up and down. Tried every setting in Windows, installed the release version of DCS rather than open beta, tested every graphics setting, tried other games ...

And all it took was a simple LUA file fix.

THANK YOU lukasz7 !!

I noticed that the problem is chaff/flar progress bar. I changed the lua file of the SA page and removed the progress bar.

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbgqlpnti19e5yq/DCS%20F18%20SA%20Chaff-Flare%20Progressbar%20mod.rar?dl=0

Before:

N85GvEo.jpg

After:

bGO7rSk.jpg

Lukasz7 you are Incredible! Really increased performance in the OB massive! The chaff / flare bars seem to have more FPS Impact in the OB than in the stable! You did a great Job! Will test a more, but I think ED should offer you a Job :)

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Tested an instant Mission with a lot of AI in it. Got only 25-30 FPS. Unfortunately same low FPS in VR. So lukasz7 your Workaround maybe is a part of the solution, but unfortunately it does not fix the bad Overall Performance in the OB 2.5.6

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Maybe each symbol on the SA page takes a few frames, so with too many symbols We have big drop FPS.

My FPS don't tank when the dispenser is off, no matter the amount of HAFU symbols. Turn on dispenser -> boom.

Hey folks, have you checked out this thread?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267685&page=5

I was having the EXACT same problem (FPS drops gradually then spikes back up) and that thread solved it for me ... look for the LUA file change proposed on page 5. Once I implemented that very minor edit, the "sawtooth" performance issues I was seeing on the F-18 disappeared 100%.

I haven't seen this behavior (yet) in the A-10, mostly because I seldom fly it. But maybe the issues are similar / related and this can put someone on the right path to a similar workaround.

My FPS don't tank when the dispenser is off, no matter the amount of HAFU symbols. Turn on dispenser -> boom.

Yes but at the end of the day it is still driver related somehow since I fly the 18 in VR with SA page on the AMPCD and the chaff/flare is always on yet I do not see my performance tank at all on an older driver.