which type Typhoon we have?

tonod

hi

Licensed Third Party Projects very glad you joined DCS

can I ask which type Typhoon we have?

my friend very like Typhoon because it have IRST can attack in silence

but in new screenshots we don`t find it

so can you tell us which technology model we will have ?

Tranche1 block5 earlier or later

hi

Licensed Third Party Projects very glad you joined DCS

can I ask which type Typhoon we have?

my friend very like Typhoon because it have IRST can attack in silence

but in new screenshots we don`t find it

so can you tell us which technology model we will have ?

Tranche1 block5 earlier or later

Germany decided against the PIRATE system. As the first model they want to concentrate on is the german Typhoon, it does not have it... as for the rest, the other post above points to the threads discussing this already.

And the short answer is: they don't know yet, as they still clarify with the authorities what is too sensitive/classified and searching from public sources what exactly they can model to DCS standard.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I hope we got T2 version, captor, pirate, dass, for interceptor and paveway bombing,

i dont think possible getting T3 (aesa e-captor, storm shadow, météor, brimstone) to early

but T1 version can be build "fast", and new module with T2 standard later

The first AESAs haven’t even been delivered yet, we just know the first is Tranche 1 German

where do you get the Info, that it will be Tranche 1?

The only official statement says, they try to make ist as modern as possible, without doing classified stuff.

No GUN in the German version. Crazy building a plane so manoeuverable with no gun. Given the way DCS is used we need a version with the gun, otherwise won't sell so well as it might

It had a gun since the start, the RAF initially thought of getting rid of it but decided to keep it as well. Every typhoon has a Mauser BK27 (the same thats on the tornado, only that one has 2)

Edited by Etirion

where do you get the Info, that it will be Tranche 1?

The only official statement says, they try to make ist as modern as possible, without doing classified stuff.

Okay maybe a bit of a jump, but I guess maybe they’re statement about early German Typhoon and the conservative attitude taught to me by DCS has taught me to measure my expectations:helpsmilie:

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

No GUN in the German version. Crazy building a plane so manoeuverable with no gun. Given the way DCS is used we need a version with the gun, otherwise won't sell so well as it might

or they can take this approach to guns!

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

OH, there will be a nice 27mm gun ;)

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...
I hope we got T2 version, captor, pirate, dass, for interceptor and paveway bombing,

i dont think possible getting T3 (aesa e-captor, storm shadow, météor, brimstone) to early

but T1 version can be build "fast", and new module with T2 standard later

Tranche 1 could and still can carry paveway. T2 can carry storm shadow, meteor and brimstone..the only big advantage i can see for the T3 at the moment is conformal fuel tank mounts ....if the tanks themselves ever actually get built.

I mean they said that due to how the Typhoon was made its kinda hard to nail down a Tranch/Block number in the first place and it seems like they'll be making a frankinmodule anyway with it getting the Meteor and IRIS-T missiles and later on the possibility for the AIM-132 ASRAAM for people looking to use a more British Typhoon.

It will not be getting the PIRATE IRST at the current time.

Even german Typhoons have guns.. okay, it is not the best Air-to-Air gun, but there is a gun ;)

It should be pretty similar to the Mirage 2000 gun.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I mean they said that due to how the Typhoon was made its kinda hard to nail down a Tranch/Block number in the first place and it seems like they'll be making a frankinmodule anyway with it getting the Meteor and IRIS-T missiles and later on the possibility for the AIM-132 ASRAAM for people looking to use a more British Typhoon.

It will not be getting the PIRATE IRST at the current time.

After visiting BAE Warton and seeing one of the development aircraft it looks like they are going down the DCS DLC route for real. A nation will pay the typhoon consortium for new weapons...like Brimstone and they get a keyfile they load into the aircraft that unlocks the weapons. After years of DCS mimicing the real world..the real world is returning the favor :megalol: