Corsair time frame?

Dr_Wigglespank

4 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

It might also be important to keep in mind that the USAAF was able to "retire" the Jug from the pure air to air fighter role with the introduction of the P-51D and assign it to a fighter-bomber role, which it accelled in. The US Navy didn't have the luxery of large air bases with acres and acres of parking for several types of aircraft specializing in various roles. The Corsair showed itself to be every bit as capable a pure fighter as the Hellcat but was just a little late to the party having to work out the carrier suitability issues that plagued it early on, consequently most of the deck and hangar space was already spoken for by the F6F, TBM and SB-2C. As the war dragged on though, the Navy decided to begin cutting down on the number of SB-2C's and TBM's assigned to the air group and placed Corsairs aboard that could fulfill both roles as a fighter and bomber.

yer my hero Razor.................. :worthy:  Love ya man! When we get them, we need the Essex, Panthers, Skyraiders.... and Korea...

Sempre Fortis

When they roll out the SLUF (A-7) I'll definitely learn that one too, also can't wait for the Bearcat.  The first real Simulation of it I have seen, along with Corsair will be nice.  Just hope our old asses live long enough to see it.. LOL  But I'd love to see an SB2-C and TBF/M...

Cheers

Edited by 352nd_Hoss

Sempre Fortis

• 1 year later...

At 67 years of age I can't help to look at time in a more Short kind of way. 3 years is the Average life span of Most CPU's for Gaming Computers. I just updated mine. Most Motherboards and RAM will serve you on a Average of 10 years. Most GPU's will Average at 5 years. I just updated my GPU as well. In the "todays market" Value of your Money to purchase parts is getting to a point that you need a BIG investment to build or buy a computer for gaming today. How long with it last? Here in DCS I find myself asking myself how long will it take to see Vietnam and WWII Pacific DCS game Play and For Me (at 67) it ain't looking good. This brings me back around to your over 3 years since you made this thread. My Grandaughter turns 3 this month. Think about it when I built my first DCS Computer to play this Simulator It cam in at $1,200 if you want a top of the line rig to your GPU will run $1,200 to $1600 How long can this last? Will we still be playing in 10 years? Lol you may not know me or ever will but I was here in this time with you all and I had fun. So with luck you will last the test of time in DCS. Where will DCS World be in 30 Years?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

Here in DCS I find myself asking myself how long will it take to see Vietnam and WWII Pacific DCS game Play and For Me (at 67) it ain't looking good.

I’m 65 and your post made me laugh … at how true it is 🤣 .. I’ve played DCS over 10 years now, and I’ve enjoyed it so much .. it sure has its faults, but overall its the best Sim I’ve ever played. Hope my body can last me for another 10 years of play at least 🙏

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I’m 65 and your post made me laugh … at how true it is 🤣 .. I’ve played DCS over 10 years now, and I’ve enjoyed it so much .. it sure has its faults, but overall its the best Sim I’ve ever played. Hope my body can last me for another 10 years of play at least 🙏

Lol Best of Luck Brother. Plus I have got Really Good Help out of You along the way so We need to keep you around as long as we can. lol born 1955 in the 60's dreaming as a kid about playing like I do no in VR in my imagination and getting to have it come real as a old man 😊 I'm loving it lol

• Like 3