Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

On 8/9/2020 at 3:56 AM, Southernbear said:

What the Meteor does is it brings together AIM-54 esk (or at least AIM-120 C7) ranges with AIM-120 guidance and ECCM making for truly quite a deadly weapon.

*Cries in R-27*

On a serious note, whenever the Typhoon will be released I'm really looking forwards to taking it for a ride. This is probably the only aircraft in DCS which will prise me out of my Su-27 cockpit. This and maybe the mud hen.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 3 months later...
En 13/12/2020 a las 10:29, falcon_120 dijo:

I think they meant cappability wise. It does not mean that you will have 4 nations skins on day 1. I would certainly love to fly with a Spanish skin even if its a German version of the fighter. At the end the differences are minimal (Pirate, some weapon types...)

I agree, I would love to have the Spanish cockade from day one, we don't have the exact UH-1H or F / A-18 model either. If the Spanish version comes out later, welcome. The Eurofighter will be the only plane that will take me out of the Hornet cockpit.

When was the last time True Grit communicated anything at all on these forums or elsewhere? 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Just an observation

the community ... wow a new plane it will be awesome and it will be here in just days 

the community ... this plane is never going to arrive, the project is dead

the community ... this is the most awesome release ever it's amazing

the community ... it's got bugs, nobody told me it would have bugs

the community ... wow a new plane it will be awesome and it will be here in just days ...

• Like 17

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

When was the last time True Grit communicated anything at all on these forums or elsewhere? 

2 months ago:

now, please let the guys work .. these things take time, go fly something else in the meantime 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Rudel_chw thanks for the reply, it was really an honest question, I've not seen them post in a while. No need to string me up from a tree, I don't think that by posting a question on a forum I'm preventing anyone from working on anything. Just looking for information. 

Oh it's a Grim Reapers video....no wonder I've not seen or heard anything...yeah, I think it's fair to say that I avoid those. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 9

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 7/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, Lurker said:

@Rudel_chw 

Oh it's a Grim Reapers video....no wonder I've not seen or heard anything...yeah, I think it's fair to say that I avoid those. 

I understand your sentiments about the GR's... However, I have noticed an improvement in their video's lately, they are aiming at new or "novice" members and I actually think they are doing a good job. 

• Like 4

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

On 7/20/2021 at 10:59 AM, Yeti42 said:

I understand your sentiments about the GR's... However, I have noticed an improvement in their video's lately, they are aiming at new or "novice" members and I actually think they are doing a good job. 

GR are still suffering due to what they presented some 2-3 years ago, namely tutorials where Cap was learning live, making tons of mistakes in what supposed to be a tutorial and so on. It was just bad.

Some 2 years ago they have changed, their tutorials are of decent quality and great quantity, very often their tutorial is the only one video on YT about the specific topic. They also update their tutorials when the module evolved and changed. 

They have good interviews with unique guys, pilots or ground crew. They test and confirm or debunk some concepts, they are looking for mistakes in different DCS mechanics due to viewers requests. Cap is now educated guy with decent knowledge and understanding of the topic. I despiced their content 2-3 years ago, bun now i really like their videos. They are doing a good job.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kseremak said:

GR are still suffering due to what they presented some 2-3 years ago, namely tutorials where Cap was learning live, making tons of mistakes in what supposed to be a tutorial and so on. It was just bad.

Some 2 years ago they have changed, their tutorials are of decent quality and great quantity, very often their tutorial is the only one video on YT about the specific topic. They also update their tutorials when the module evolved and changed. 

They have good interviews with unique guys, pilots or ground crew. They test and confirm or debunk some concepts, they are looking for mistakes in different DCS mechanics due to viewers requests. Cap is now educated guy with decent knowledge and understanding of the topic. I despiced their content 2-3 years ago, bun now i really like their videos. They are doing a good job.

Hmm, maybe I should give them another chance. I had seen some of their older tutorial videos a while ago, where they "learned" stuff live and did a lot of mistakes and gave bad or even wrong info to the viewer, which was really painful to watch.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 4:32 PM, unknown said:

Will this be the first missile in DCS with support from the manufacturer? OK, nothing sensitive/secret will be revealed but it could be the first missile in DCS which is close to it's RL counterpart.

The data will be from the manufacturer out of their open source releasable data stock. IRIS-T safe. METEOR - we are working on it 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Hmm, maybe I should give them another chance. I had seen some of their older tutorial videos a while ago, where they "learned" stuff live and did a lot of mistakes and gave bad or even wrong info to the viewer, which was really painful to watch.

I can confirm from my time working with Cap that the change in their approach to the tutorial content is both intentional and significant. When I'm included on a tutorial, we typically pass notes on the changelogs and discuss the specifics of what needs to be covered days ahead of time. On recording day, we talk through the plan for the video and made sure that the information we are presenting is correct to the best of our collective knowledge. We then do a series of practice flights to make sure that concepts are understood by all. Depending on the complexity of the topic, we sometimes do an unrecorded dry run. Then we record the content itself. Due to the preparation done ahead of time, this seldom requires more than two takes to get everything right. 

13 minutes ago, TrueGrit2 said:

The data will be from the manufacturer out of their open source releasable data stock. IRIS-T safe. METEOR - we are working on it 😉

Should we expect the AIM-120C to be in our inventory as our medium range A2A missile in addition to/in lieu of the Meteor?

Edited by Kortana
too excited. too much typing, not enough proofreading, lol
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Kortana said:

Should we expect the AIM-120C to be in our inventory as our medium range A2A missile in addition to/in lieu of the Meteor?

Yes, the AIM-120 will be available on the DCS Eurofigther.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 7/22/2021 at 12:32 AM, kseremak said:

All publicity for TrueGrit (+ MilTech5, + HeatBlur) and the Eurofighter is a good thing. I agree with @kseremakthat the GR videos have evolved immensely over the last years. These days they are putting out reasonable quality content with revised tutorials on many of the modules. Sure, there are still errors and there is still crass and racist content too. But there is nevertheless a lot of good stuff and it's improving. However, the fact is that GR are publishing a lot of material. This is obviously reaching a wider audience and is raising the profile of DCS, and combat flight simming generally. GR are doing a good job in that, they are getting better, and they serve an important outreach role.

That brings it back to TrueGrit (+ MilTech5, + HeatBlur) and the Eurofighter. Getting publicity through all possible channels is excellent, as it will help advertise the module, which in turn will boost sales and the attractiveness of DCS to 3rd parties. DCS is a challenging development environment. But if it can grow, then that will benefit us all.

Perhaps GR could do another interview with TrueGrit and Heatblur as the release date approaches?

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

are we expecting the release this year or nah?

The development started during 2020, so I doubt we will see it before 2023.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

49 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The development started during 2020, so I doubt we will see it before 2023.

Full release or Early access? Because I think there might be a chance of early access being here in 2022(not anytime soon though)

image.png My beloved ❤️

57 minutes ago, Zahnatom said:

I think there might be a chance of early access being here in 2022

Since we clearly have no official  data on this subject, we are all just talking estimates here ... my seat of the pants feeling is that we wont see anything (EA or otherwise) before 2023, your estimate is just more optimistic than mine  🙂

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Since we clearly have no official  data on this subject, we are all just talking estimates here ... my seat of the pants feeling is that we wont see anything (EA or otherwise) before 2023, your estimate is just more optimistic than mine  🙂

yes a little optimistic 😄 maybe thats because i want it right now... i'm incredibly impatient 😅

image.png My beloved ❤️

12 hours ago, Zahnatom said:

Full release or Early access? Because I think there might be a chance of early access being here in 2022(not anytime soon though)

I wouldn't expect Early Access before 2024, definitely not in 2022.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...