Release date?

Aluminum Donkey

It will just be banned on most pvp servers. Or the weapons at least.

Neither the jet nor the weapons will be banned in most PVP servers. Maybe two top ones will add carrying limitations but even they allow Phoenix missile when it is not bugged out.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

It's almost like you believe that BFM/ACM starts only after you pass the other guy, that missiles have no minimum ranges and 'over-the-shoulder' shots have no limitations and can't be decoyed.

I'm totaly aware of that. And on the dogfight servers i join, BFM/ACM does in fact only start after you passed the other guy. Still, doesen't change the fact, that full sphere/over the shoulder capability is a significant game changer in a dogfight. There is a good reason why most of the next gen SRMs (AAM-5, A-Darter, Python-5, IRIS-T) contain this feature. As for CM resistance... All these modern SRM's have equal, or even better CM resistance to the 9X. So the IRIS-T will most likely be very diffcult to decoy. Also i assume that it is very hard to spot a over-the-shoulder launch with a smoke free engine while the missile going off to the opposite direction during the first 1 or 2 seconds. Facing a modern full sphere SRM, i think you'd have to pre-flare permanently if you want to have a chance to decoy it. Also if one believes (and there are a lot doing so) the 9X is the top notch of SRMs, one propably won't pre-flare as he won't expect (can't imagine) his enemy to launch a missile at him in this position. At least when facing such a SRM for the first tiime...

Another thing is the IRIS-Ts capability of beeing used as hard kill protection system, capable of destroying incoming AAMs and SAMs. The IRIS-T has a extreme low minimum range (like all modern SRMs) and it's seeker head can be slaved to the typhoons missile detection system and, if i recall that correct, can also lock onto targets via RWR. Other missiles as well as aircrafts. So the pilot does not even need to look back in order to perform a over-the-shoulder shot at a target on his six using radar. This will make the Typhoon a very dangerous target to lock on to, and way more difficult to destroy than other aircrafts in DCS. You don't realy want to tell me, that this missile won't be a game changer in DCS dogfights? Do you? Assuming it's modeled accurate, it will be a significant advantage over the 9X. Like it or not.

Or that AIM-9X doesn't exist.

It's almost like you believe the 9X could equal the SRMs named above and as if the germans, israelis, the japanese and some others developed full sphere capability SRMs just for fun. You believe that stuff on Raytheon's homepage saying the AIM-9X beeing the most advanced IR SRM worldwide? While even the Block II variant is still limited to 90° off boresight and lacks hard kill mode capability? Please...At all parameters, the 9X is wether equal to other newer SRMs, or simply outperformed by them. IIRC there is not a single parameter the 9X has an advantage over other advanced SRMs. It's been a while ago when i searched for informations about these missiles, so correct me if i'm wrong.

It will just be banned on most pvp servers. Or the weapons at least.

Hopefully, but tbh i rather think it will be like Terrorban wrote. Only very few PvP servers will ban the IRIS-T (same for the Meteor if it comes) and even less will ban the Typhoon in general. I'm a bit worried we will see a lot of PvP servers full of Typhoons because everyone wants to dominate the sky, but we'll see. So far i haven't read anything if TrueGrit will also deliver that ramjet Meteor missile with the Typhoon, wich would be the next Air-Air game changer...

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I'm totaly aware of that. And on the dogfight servers i join, BFM/ACM does in fact only start after you passed the other guy. Still, doesen't change the fact, that full sphere/over the shoulder capability is a significant game changer in a dogfight.All these modern SRM's have equal, or even better CM resistance to the 9X. So the IRIS-T will most likely be very diffcult to decoy. i think you'd have to pre-flare permanently

Another thing is the IRIS-Ts capability of beeing used as hard kill protection system, capable of destroying incoming AAMs and SAMs. and it's seeker head can be slaved to the typhoons missile detection system and, if i recall that correct, can also lock onto targets via RWR.

Hopefully, but tbh i rather think it will be like Terrorban wrote. Only very few PvP servers will ban the IRIS-T (same for the Meteor if it comes) and even less will ban the Typhoon in general. I'm a bit worried we will see a lot of PvP servers full of Typhoons because everyone wants to dominate the sky, but we'll see. So far i haven't read anything if TrueGrit will also deliver that ramjet Meteor missile with the Typhoon, wich would be the next Air-Air game changer...

The iris-t will not be a game changer, it is better then the aim-9x we have right now without a doubt, but its not enough for hornet players and f-16 players to write home about and fear the skies, it will come down to skill with aircraft more then anything. the game is a first spot and first shoot/high skill kind.

I also have been reading quite a bit about the eurofighter and i could find nothing about the iris-t being slaveable to the missile warning approach system or by the rwr (for an aircraft). Unless you have information that is above a random person who loves plane then i do not think they can. which means it can only do it via datalink, by radar or by pilots helmet which means for dogfight servers you should be golden (unless they have awacs on them)

Iris-t does talk about a higher countermeasure resistance then competitors but they specifically talk about the aim-9l so it might be on par, above or below the aim-9xs flare resistance.

The iris-t does have anti missile capability but that's for missiles farther out, i doubt the pilot would have much time to aim a iris-t against an incoming aim-9x within 3nm, i assume that intended role is for say r27s from bvr or sa-2,3,6s etc. I also doubt the pilot would want to waste a missile in a WVR fight to destroy one of his missiles when they could dump flares, especially since the target may have fired more then one aim-9x

I also would not worry about people running over to the meta just because its meta, people fly what they want to fly for example when the JF-17 came out it had better missile performance then it does now, and the radar could not be notched whilst the amraam had 10-20 percent less range then it does now, I never saw a massive amount of jf-17s flying around. The f-18 also out performs the f-16 right now in terms of meta/ especially payload and its a mixed balance for that aircraft. especially on pvp servers where one would argue meta matters more

You also have the f-14 outperforming in terms of bvr then any other aircraft in terms of range and we dont see the f-18 or f-16 player count suffering for it.

it mainly comes down to the fact most people like to fly nato aircraft that is either modern or iconic so those are more popular. That is to say the euro fighter wont be popular because it will, i assume most Europeans will main it alongside the mirage 2000 and for french lovers turn the exterior into a rafale exterior or a swedelover with a gripen exterior

I also really hope servers don't ban the weapons or the aircraft, it seems a tad bit silly to sleep for the aim-9x (and to an extent the aim-54c for bvr) even though i would argue the aim-9x trivialized WVR fighting but suddenly wake and get upset when something better comes along.

Also truegrit have posted pictures of the eurofighter firing meteor missiles on their instagram so it is likely they will be added

2047651532_eurofightermissile.thumb.jpg.e86892c6f49e6b211794489261cc6585.jpg

Edited by hi41000

Regarding the IRIS-T from todays weekend newsletter:

‘We at TrueGrit Virtual Technologies would like to take this chance to give you some latest

updates concerning the Eurofighter Typhoon Development. It is with great pride that we can

officially announce a collaboration with Diehl Defence GmbH.

Diehl Defence GmbH is located in Überlingen, Germany and is the manufacturer of the soph-

-isticated IRIS-T missile. They are offering us full support in bringing the most realistic version

of the IRIS-T to DCS World – as always within the limits of what can be released to a public

platform like DCS. It will be available to you with the initial launch of the German Eurofighter

Typhoon Version and will be your main heat seeking missile. With this collaboration we have

come one step closer to bringing you the most realistic experience of the Eurofighter Typhoon

possible.

We are working at full throttle on all areas of the project and are making good progress. The

progress picture by the almighty Fragger shows the latest version of the cockpit.

We would like to thank you for your unwavering support and enthusiasm, as it is a constant

reminder of what we are working towards and motivates us to give our best. You can be sure

that every post, comment and feedback reaches us and is very appreciated. ‘

- True Grit Virtual Technologies

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4446619&postcount=265

Will this be the first missile in DCS with support from the manufacturer? OK, nothing sensitive/secret will be revealed but it could be the first missile in DCS which is close to it's RL counterpart.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

As for the discussion above I'll throw in my 2 cents

first and for most balence is up to the mission makers not the Devs simple as that however as for the plane.

TrueGrit's CEO has already said that whatever is on the Typhoon he wants to model. For example he plans to model the AIM-132 ASRAAM once the German stuff is almost complete as well as seeking interest in adding thrust vectoring "as soon as Boeing brings the technology out of it's basement" by which he means it being put on a stock standard aircraft out of the factory. With Boeing's new Tranch 4 set to do that if they can get the info on it, it seems they want to try and add it.

Its defiantly going to be a frankin module similar to the JF-17 that is for sure. The F-14 is how it is in part to ED as HB wants to add their new missile API soon which for one means that the AIM-54 will be forced to go active after 15s rather then going active 15s before impact unlike other FOX 3s...meaning those 60-80nmi against players won't really happen anymore. Plus the AIM-54 is a anti bomber weapon meaning aside "magic INS" which is one of those ED issues its over all an easier missile to spoof then the AIM-120.

The Typhoon will have a different/more powerful effect from the F-14 for sure.

What the Meteor does is it brings together AIM-54 esk (or at least AIM-120 C7) ranges with AIM-120 guidance and ECCM making for truly quite a deadly weapon.

The IRIS-T means that assuming you some how get past the Meteor (which I'd take a bet only REDFOR pilots will be able to reliably to begin with given that is what they have to do already) you then have to deal with the IRIS-T which means even if you somehow get that close all he has to do is look over his shoulder and he can blap you with a missile.

Its safe to say assuming there isn't huge bugs on release this plane is going to be a challenge for anyone who isn't in a typhoon till they get used to it's abilities and how to counter act them.

The plus side? its blown a big hole in ED's "DCS Timeline" which limits many things to the 2005-2007 time frame which hopefully means in the future we could see more modern things for current planes (an example already is the new GBU-54 Laser JDAM for the A-10 can be ported over to the F-18 even tho it got it in 2012 which otherwise would be out of the time frame for that module/DCS.

Over all this plane will be interesting and I imagine a point of controversy in the DCS community over the next year or so with TrueGrit taking the stance of whatever they can find info on and was put onto the plane they'll add and with Russian laws for anything in service with the Russian airforce and being comparable to the Typhoon for REDFOR aircraft difficult at best to be made for DCS...

it will be interesting.

Edited by Southernbear
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
As for the discussion above I'll throw in my 2 cents

first and for most balence is up to the mission makers not the Devs simple as that however as for the plane.

TrueGrit's CEO has already said that whatever is on the Typhoon he wants to model. For example he plans to model the AIM-132 ASRAAM once the German stuff is almost complete as well as seeking interest in adding thrust vectoring "as soon as Boeing brings the technology out of it's basement" by which he means it being put on a stock standard aircraft out of the factory. With Boeing's new Tranch 4 set to do that if they can get the info on it, it seems they want to try and add it.

Its defiantly going to be a frankin module similar to the JF-17 that is for sure. The F-14 is how it is in part to ED as HB wants to add their new missile API soon which for one means that the AIM-54 will be forced to go active after 15s rather then going active 15s before impact unlike other FOX 3s...meaning those 60-80nmi against players won't really happen anymore. Plus the AIM-54 is a anti bomber weapon meaning aside "magic INS" which is one of those ED issues its over all an easier missile to spoof then the AIM-120.

The Typhoon will have a different/more powerful effect from the F-14 for sure.

What the Meteor does is it brings together AIM-54 esk (or at least AIM-120 C7) ranges with AIM-120 guidance and ECCM making for truly quite a deadly weapon.

The IRIS-T means that assuming you some how get past the Meteor (which I'd take a bet only REDFOR pilots will be able to reliably to begin with given that is what they have to do already) you then have to deal with the IRIS-T which means even if you somehow get that close all he has to do is look over his shoulder and he can blap you with a missile.

Its safe to say assuming there isn't huge bugs on release this plane is going to be a challenge for anyone who isn't in a typhoon till they get used to it's abilities and how to counter act them.

The plus side? its blown a big hole in ED's "DCS Timeline" which limits many things to the 2005-2007 time frame which hopefully means in the future we could see more modern things for current planes (an example already is the new GBU-54 Laser JDAM for the A-10 can be ported over to the F-18 even tho it got it in 2012 which otherwise would be out of the time frame for that module/DCS.

Over all this plane will be interesting and I imagine a point of controversy in the DCS community over the next year or so with TrueGrit taking the stance of whatever they can find info on and was put onto the plane they'll add and with Russian laws for anything in service with the Russian airforce and being comparable to the Typhoon for REDFOR aircraft difficult at best to be made for DCS...

it will be interesting.

Boeing?

Boeing has nothing to do with the Eurofighter....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

With boeing weapons, Eurofighter gmbh needs information or anything to use those weapons, like harpoon or JDAM

Sent from my BV9800Pro using Tapatalk

The EF doesn't use harpoons or JDAMS, as far as I know none of the weapons used are made by boeing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, impreza said:

I hope this aircraftt available for the 4 nations at the beginning

TrueGrit stated that they are doing the German aircraft first and then they will move on after that and do other nationalities 

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

TrueGrit stated that they are doing the German aircraft first and then they will move on after that and do other nationalities 

I think they meant cappability wise. It does not mean that you will have 4 nations skins on day 1. I would certainly love to fly with a Spanish skin even if its a German version of the fighter. At the end the differences are minimal (Pirate, some weapon types...)

• Like 1

they said german aircraft and with the focus of A2A initially, although we might see features that are not on german aircraft. For example we saw photos of the EuroFIRST PIRATE so who knows what we will get on initial release.

Edited by hi41000

In a recent interview in German, Gero said that the Pirate screenshots are currently only eye-candy. Like others said, they're focusing on the German one first.

Make sure to have a look at the FAQ: FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Page 7 - DCS: Eurofighter - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

and here is the interview: Die Simulanten | Episode 7: Der Eurofighter von TrueGrit – Cruiselevel | Flugsimulation | News

17 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

How possible is a release for 2021?

Sorry is I missed something.

overall pretty unlikely, more likely for early-mid 2022

its not entirely impossible however, depends on how fast they can get the textures done since that is usually the hold up for most modules entering Early access from third party devs

Edited by hi41000
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hi41000 said:

overall pretty unlikely, more likely for early-mid 2022

its not entirely impossible however, depends on how fast they can get the textures done since that is usually the hold up for most modules entering Early access from third party devs

Dunno - Seems more that the flight model and systems are more complex and need a lot of work, than the textures itself. Most EA are Flight model and textures, but still missing features and probably some tweaks to the FM

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

If the Hornet is anything to go by, we had essentially completed artwork by November 2016, we had the first introductory video for it in July 2017, and was released a year later at the end of June 2018.

So personally, my expectations are set at 2 from now, realistically; I'll be pleased if it comes earlier but I think that's where it's at, at the moment. Given that we're still only really seeing renders of cockpit elements (which look perfect!), we haven't seen a similar thing for the exterior model (which still looks to be very much placeholder).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Wow, looks like I created a monster when starting this thread 🙂

Anyway, I'd prefer a complete module at release with fully-developed flight model, ONE decent skin, and a couple types of fully-developed air-to-air missiles, and a couple types of fully-developed A2G weapons with properly-working targeting system (if applicable.)  Everything else can come after.

Obviously if they're modelling an A2A-only version of the Typhoon then A2G systems need not apply.

Just my own preference, instead of releasing a huge, half-baked pile of stuff that will never get finished.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this tranche 1 Eurofighter was more focused on air to air role as in, interception of Russian planes near their borders etc. So pretty much A2G will be limited or none at all. Only later versions of EF was given more focus on ground roles as they finally saw that any possibility of air to air fight, let alone with Russia is not gonna happen any time sooner.

Edited by jojyrocks
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jojyrocks said:

I believe this tranche 1 Eurofighter was more focused on air to air role as in, interception of Russian planes near their borders etc. So pretty much A2G will be limited or none at all. Only later versions of EF was given more focus on ground roles as they finally saw that any possibility of air to air fight, let alone with Russia is not gonna happen any time sooner.

Yeah, that's what tranche 1 was about, but no one said we will only get a tranche 1 jet...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Yeah, that's what tranche 1 was about, but no one said we will only get a tranche 1 jet...

Fingers and toes crossed! 🙂

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%