[ALREADY REPORTED]Harpoon Not Going to HPTP

dresoccer4

Issue: launched harpoon immediately turns toward programmed bearing instead of first travelling to HPTP.

Explanation: as shown in the screenshot below, my harpoon has a HPTP set to waypoint 5, after which is it supposed to turn to bearing 306 and begin scanning for target ships. this path is shown by the blue arrows. however what is happening is immediatly after launch the harpoon is turning to bearing 306, thus causing the missile to never enter the target search area. this is shown by the red arrow.

can someone take a look at my setup in the screenshot and see if anything is incorrectly set up? thanks!

[ATTACH]231062[/ATTACH]

EDIT: i saw this bug has been reported already. carry on

Edited by dresoccer4

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 1 month later...

I've been looking all over the forums for this, same exact thing is happening to me. The HSI is showing the correct flight path for the missile (first heading to the wp then turning on the bearing) but when I fire it doesn't go to the wp first, just immediately turns on the bearing.

..and i just noticed the edit in the above message. Sorry, but glad to hear its a reported bug.

Edited by ThrutheWirez

There is a new bug in harpoon missiles. you have to literally fly to your waypoint and fire your missile from there. in other words, harpoon missile completely ignores HPTP option and turns towards designated bearing as soon as it's fired.