Upuaut's Bell-47 2.5.6

With the kind permissions of upuaut, and nibbylot,

I have the Bell-47 back flying in sim!

After seeing how close the cockpits looked, and how much better the FM was compared to even the Huey,

I decided this was a Helicopter which NEEDED to be fixed!

A special thanks to nibbylot for his assistance in solving a few issues I had with the merging of his cockpit and FM, with the Bell.

And a BIG thanks to upuaut for sending me the Max file.

Most issues are solved.

A few remain to be addressed.

The next step is to fine tune the FM to be a closer match to the Bell air frame.

This is a WIP.

I thought few screens may whet your appetite!

And some good news in these trying times is always welcome!

Especially being confined at home.

If any would like to assist in the final stages of FM tuning and data entry,

please PM me.

In the interest of keeping the Bell as close to accurate as possible, anyone with good knowledge of the Bell, and her systems, Would be a bonus!

nibbylot has agreed to help with the FM adjustments, and is excited to see her fly again.

Without further ado......

I present,

Upuaut's Bell-47 Reborn!

bell-47c.jpg

bell-47b.jpg

Be careful out there!

Edit,

The M-2 Gatling gun,

Currently not working.....

bell-m2.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

What will the module needed to fly with it (was the Uh-1H before) ?
It will use a modified version of the FM created by nibbylot.

We hope to modify it to fit the '47

This means it will be "Stand alone" without the need for any other files.

All the current controls he has coded, should work.

His FM is MUCH closer to the Bell than the Huey.

So the goal is to make it fly...

like a Bell 47 should!

My next step is to try to get upuaut's stretcher, agro-spray, rockets and M2 guns working and mounted.

Stay tuned!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Up-dated info 10.4.20

Please be patient as there is a cockpit issue we are trying to fix.

t seems the cockpit in the picture has modern avionics and RWR.

Will we also get the original cockpit ?

There is a ai version with the original cockpit available in the other bell thread.

It is NOT flyable.

There is also a version using the Shark fm but not very realistic....

That IS flyable.

The original Helo, as upuart created it, was flyable, but used the Huey FM.

This FM is no longer usable as it has been encrypted.

So the original flyable Bell no longer works.

The version in this thread is using the FM as explained in the first post.

There are no plans, that I am aware of, to re-make the original cockpit.

• 2 months later...

Yes, You have a keen sense of timing....

I have worked on this model in Max for weeks, if not months off and on.

As I did so, it became very apparent how awesome it really is! The details, some so small I doubt you would ever see them, Is amazing! And the work that went into the original mod must rival anything ED has sold......I am impressed! There must be almost a hundred connectors!

It has taken a very long time to work this all out so the AH6 FM could be used.

I am close.

She has just this night gone into pre-beta testing.

Stay tuned........

A WIP pic.

bell47.jpg

Just Great! I was wishing that you take the path of nibbylot's EFM. What seems a logical step to make the helo life a lot longer and even more let people enjoy it for free.

Are you planning for a cockpick eye "candy": new modeling or surfacing?

Thanks a lot for the update and for keep working/updating this Mod for the community Hawkeye60 !!!

Will wait patienly for any other updates :]

Well done Greg good job I think your helicopter should be ready, now what is needed is to understand how to add functions to this example EFM: opening and closing doors to make it evolve on all kinds of helicopters.

Bravo Greg bon travail je pense que ton hélicoptère devrait être au point , maintenant ce qu'il faudrait, c'est comprendre comment rajouter des fonctions a cette EFM exemple : ouverture et fermeture des portes pour le faire évoluer sur toutes sortes d'hélicoptères.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion