X52 Pro - Using pinkie as a modifier?

Gil80

Hi guys.

Seems that the pinkie button cannot be used as a modifier in DCS.

I'm trying to set it inside DCS and not via Logitec software utility.

Is this possible?

I know that the pinkie is considered as button 6, if looking in Windows game controller. This means that the pinkie switch is working.

Is there a way of making this switch as a modifier?

Hello, can't tell for the X52 PRO. But my dad just got the X56 to remplace his 52PRO and I took the ocasion to initiate him to Vjoy+Joystick_Gremlin. So he isn't using the Logitech profiler at all, or, rather, he use the default profile which simply report a DX buttons for all physical button. Pinky is DX 6 as well. And even if we use Gremlin he still added the pinky as modifier, using the DCS modifier tool, it works.

If Joy.cpl (the windows game controller panel) see DX 6 when you press your pinkie button, then DCS should see that as well. If not there is something weird, maybe another profile is automatically loaded when you launch DCS? Dunno.

Same deal for the 3 positions of the mod selector.

If Joy.cpl (the windows game controller panel) see DX 6 when you press your pinkie button, then DCS should see that as well. If not there is something weird, maybe another profile is automatically loaded when you launch DCS? Dunno.

Same deal for the 3 positions of the mod selector.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. DCS doesn't recognise when I press the pinkie button, but joy.cpl does recognise when I press pinkie.

Strange...

X-52 pinky switch shift.

No. 6 is the pinkie.

You have to assign it in the Saitek programmer before it will work in DCS.

Open profile editor, switch to grid view. Delete the Mode 1 + Pinkie, Mode 2 + Pinkie, Mode 3 + Pinkie. Save the profile with a name and close. Enable the saved profile for DCS.

This will enable your pinkey to be used as a modifier in DCS. (It sometimes gets corrupted with updates).

• Thanks 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

X-52 pinky switch shift.

No. 6 is the pinkie.

Open profile editor, switch to grid view. Delete the Mode 1 + Pinkie, Mode 2 + Pinkie, Mode 3 + Pinkie. Save the profile with a name and close. Enable the saved profile for DCS.

This will enable your pinkey to be used as a modifier in DCS. (It sometimes gets corrupted with updates).

Thanks. I'll try that.

Hi , I use x52pro , never tried the way posted above , the only reason i load saitek profiler is to controll tdc with mouse lever.

Anyway , to have the pinky switch as modifier , I add it to the modifier list inside dcs option control menù .

Nothing more , when you want assign a combo to one comand , remember to press the modifier first , then the button you wanna use.

Hope it help ,

Cheerse

Hi , I use x52pro , never tried the way posted above , the only reason i load saitek profiler is to controll tdc with mouse lever.

Anyway , to have the pinky switch as modifier , I add it to the modifier list inside dcs option control menù .

Nothing more , when you want assign a combo to one comand , remember to press the modifier first , then the button you wanna use.

Hope it help ,

Cheerse

You are correct, but for some of us the pinky has to be enabled in the profiler first or it won't show. It dosn't apply to everybody.

Afterwards, you then apply it as you stated.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

X-52 pinky switch shift.

No. 6 is the pinkie.

Didn't work for me.

I removed the Mode 1 + Pinkie, Mode 2 + Pinkie, Mode 3 + Pinkie and saved it as DCS.pr0 and loaded that profile.

In DCS I go to add modifiers and set to X52 pro and when I press the pinkie, DCS doesn't recognise I pressed anything.

Update: Got it working. I didn't notice btn 6 was already assigned. Thanks!

Edited by Gil80

I've been using this workround for several years.

Glad to see it still works OK.

• 2 months later...
Hi Gil80,

What Saitek programmer are you referring to? Saitek´s ST? What is the last version or the latest that works for you?

Can you be so kinmd to share it?

Thank You!!

I'm now using Logitec's software.

I downloaded the software 2 months ago so I'm not sure about the version. I'm assuming it's the latest one.

i'm running logitech software installed, but I don't use it at all. just installed it for the drivers.

In DCS I had no problem using the pinkie as a modifier.

You do need to add it to the modifiers on the left before it will work though.

I'm not using any workarounds whatsoever and pinkie works great for modifier.

X-52 btw.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2020 at 2:09 AM, Holbeach said:

X-52 pinky switch shift.

No. 6 is the pinkie.

I had to do this today after a windows update messed up my setting. I had forgot the painfull process to set this (and mini mouse TDC Slew) but this helped me sort it out. It worked....
Also, FYI.... on my "Mode 1" profile remaining (I dont use 2 and 3) the PINKIE SWITCH "Latched" and "Fallback" are both checked off. (when you right click on pinkie switch) Nto sure if its relevant but it works. On my Windows USB controller settings I have UNCHECK "Enable Clutch Mode" but CHECK "Latched Clutched Button".

In DCS - I hit the pinkie switch then hit my other key (Ex. HAT switch R) for my Sparrows, then I hit the Pinkie switch again to turn the modifier off. Works just like I had it before.