EDM EXPORTER for Blender 2.8

tobi

@javitronik, nice work

@tobi, this seems to work really well for me, nice job.

Here is a model I started on a while back, I thought I would see how well it exports to an EDM using your tool. Also figured out animations.

I have a bit more to learn yet for animating individual bones, but I have read your instructions... family are safe

and home, but full house means less concentration to figure these things out :)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

will look really good!

I am working on a model in blender 2.8, but I do not understand how to introduce the model in DCS ... A video of the process would be fine.

Cheers.

Hi, it is not a video... But maybe here you could take it as a starting point for your own mods.

Here, as I commented before, a very basic

HOW TO add custom "Static Object" ingame Example Mod:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308885/

It should be very easy to replace your own model and texture inside the mod folder and get your model ingame without editing any line of the script.

The steps to follow are explained inside the info files, it is very simple.

If you want to go forward, there is a simple description inside lua files that guides you about what the commands do.

Also, take a look at this nice post of dimitriov:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264109

It is more advanced than my example, (he knows a lot more than me ... :])

But you could find mine a bit more suited for beginners like us :joystick:

Hi all.

First thank you Tobi for this add on.

Unfortunatly,

I've have an issue when exporting .

EDM file is created but the model doesn't appear in model viewer

Does someone have an idea?

IqlhUtB.png

Edited by sushy73

Hi all.

I've have an issue when exporting .

EDM file is created but the model doesn't appear in model viewer

Does someone have an idea?

IqlhUtB.png

Hi, sushy73 I think you did not parent the mesh object to the bone of the armature. You also have to select RenderNode in the EDM-Properties. Please try the first steps in the readme

Hi javitronk, this message only appears when the number of armatures in your .blend file is not one. So i am pretty shure that somewhere another armature is hiding from you. If you can't find the reason after all i would like to take a look to your blend file. May be i missed a special case.

HI tobi thank you for the add on

i have same error Use one and only one armature!

Hi i tried to answer your PM but:

"lonegun has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

you can upload it here or you can use dropbox oder google drive, both free and easy to use.

Aunoor figured out that deleting an armature in blender means not deleting from the internal list, which the addon uses to count the armatures. This explains the problem. I will take care of it in the next update. Til then i think saving and reloading the blend file should delete the ghost-armature! That could have been fun if I had looked into the newly opened blend files of you and the problem would have been gone. We would never have found the error. thanks aunoor!

I also need to warm up and adjust some parameters when scripting the units. I am not yet a good advisor for this! But it is fun to design models and play around with the materials!

Thanks to Aunoor we will also see the error messages and warnings as messageboxes in the future! Nice feature

problems to use program

I use a translator, I hope you understand.

I am working on a mod to put a UFO. use an in-game f-117 as a base. I've already run the missile impact, but the guns impact and the collision don't work. I leave my files if someone can help me.

https://mega.nz/folder/t8VUXagb#Mn8jF1FmbYd_P5yqpmx1yQ

1599352211_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.fa6cdf7b932ba5e8f6e7762e6a27cf83.jpg

1157241868_Sinttulo2.thumb.jpg.1efc492b906cffa7d1a621dcdf07fae2.jpg

Edited by Thunderphantom