F-16 Official template

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
These constant "bort number" change is a disrespect for those that spend hours creating textures for DCS. I sincerely hope ED stops "inventing" the numbers designation over and over and having us guess how to remove them. I understand ED doesn't support mods, but they can at least explain how to change these particular lines in the lua file.

We appreciate our work, but work on the side numbers has been going on for a long time. You needed a variety of board rooms and we made such an option. The old technology with cut out dice in geometry did not support flexible work with numbers and a wide variety of numbers, especially if they would intersect by location. further changes in liveries and onboard are not planned, but even if so, then before the release we can improve our product.

Now the number of lines in the file with liveries has decreased and I will have the same work as you do for editing files.

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

• ED Team
Thank you so much for explaining this!

I have two additional questions:

1. I'm struggling with aligning logos that cover the entire tail fin - they always seem to have an angle when covering the rudder. Do you happen to know the angle between those parts or have any tips on how to place textures that cover the entire tail correctly?

vynWCbH.png

2. Will the template be updated to reflect the recent changes to the tail texture?

One example is that area, which seems to be mapped to somewhere else now:

lHQafo8.png

1. I do not quite understand what is needed

2. these parts are included in the common piece

b95f1cac6ee40cf3a1604f7cfe3b9881.png

https://gyazo.com/b95f1cac6ee40cf3a1604f7cfe3b9881

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

We appreciate our work, but work on the side numbers has been going on for a long time. You needed a variety of board rooms and we made such an option. The old technology with cut out dice in geometry did not support flexible work with numbers and a wide variety of numbers, especially if they would intersect by location. further changes in liveries and onboard are not planned, but even if so, then before the release we can improve our product.

Now the number of lines in the file with liveries has decreased and I will have the same work as you do for editing files.

The question is, you guys keep trying new things with each version. No issue there, it's a Beta and you need to try things to sort this thing out.

But, you must understand that changing the command lines and not explaining what is new WILL break skins, including those posted on ED's user files page. Therefore, why not just create a post like yours explaining how to solve/remove them before people start banging their heads on walls figuring it out? That's just my point. No offense meant.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

That's pretty easy with the new system now, really:

1. Say you don't want to show *any* custom numbers, then you delete the whole bort no. wall of text and add

custom_args =

{

[1000] = 1.0, -- change of type of board number (0.0 -default USA, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 1.0 not drawn)

[1001] = 1.0, -- vis refuel board number (0.0 drawn, 1.0 not drawn)

[1002] = 1.0, -- change of type intake board number (0.0 two digits, 0.1 three digits, 1.0 not drawn)

[1003] = 1.0, -- vis nouse board number (0.0 drawn, 1.0 not drawn)

}

Poof, all custom numbers are gone.

2. Say you want to show intake and tail numbers, then you keep the lines with

F16_bl50_INTAKE_BORT_NUMBER

F16_bl50_FIN_DECAL

F16_bl50_FIN_BORT_NUMBER

and add

custom_args =

{

[1000] = 0.0, -- change of type of board number (0.0 -default USA, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 1.0 not drawn)

[1002] = 0.1, -- change of type intake board number (0.0 two digits, 0.1 three digits, 1.0 not drawn)

}

3. In your case to hide refuel and tail numbers you add

custom_args =

{

[1000] = 1.0, -- change of type of board number (0.0 -default USA, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 1.0 not drawn)

[1002] = 0.1, -- change of type intake board number (0.0 two digits, 0.1 three digits, 1.0 not drawn)

[1003] = 0.0, -- vis nouse board number (0.0 drawn, 1.0 not drawn)

}

only showing intake and nose numbers with the lines

F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER

F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER_X100

F16_bl50_INTAKE_BORT_NUMBER

OH Yeah, now I get it, this is indeed very simple! :doh:

Thanks for the explanation. :thumbup::music_whistling:

But, you must understand that changing the command lines and not explaining what is new WILL break skins, including those posted on ED's user files page.

The only reason we had to play a guessing game to fix them this time is because the F-16 EDM is currently broken and the modelviewer won't generate a livery LUA.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

file editing

1. three blocks change the name of the material

F16_bl50_NOUSE_1_DECAL in the name F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER_DECAL

F16_bl50_NOUSE_1_BORT_NUMBER_001 in the name F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER

F16_bl50_NOUSE_1_BORT_NUMBER_010 in name F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER_X100

2. add block F16_bl50_INTAKE_BORT_NUMBER from my file to your file

3. block F16_bl50_FIN_DECAL unchanged

4. change the material name F16_bl50_FIN_BORT_NUMBER_001 to F16_bl50_FIN_BORT_NUMBER

5. add a block with arguments

1.thumb.png.0a3100d526ac91b7993aca5a6e4dfc04.png

Edited by DGambo

• ED Team
I would have really liked if the tail numbers of this option

[1000] = 0.1,

were both placed where the left one of this option is

[1000] = 0.0,

@DGambo If what I just wrote does not make sense, I can show you with screenshots

???

That's pretty easy with the new system now, really:

1. Say you don't want to show *any* custom numbers, then you delete the whole bort no. wall of text and add

custom_args =

{

[1002] = 1.0, -- change of type intake board number (0.0 two digits, 0.1 three digits, 1.0 not drawn)

}

Poof, all custom numbers are gone.

Thanks so much for explaining this! For those who are not LUA masters (like myself) here is what the total Description LUA should look like as an example for the default names with this code:

livery = {

{"F16_bl50_Main_1", 0, "f16_bl50_main_1", false};

{"F16_bl50_Main_1", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "F16_bl50_Main_1_RoughMet", false};

{"F16_bl50_Main_2", 0, "f16_bl50_main_2", false};

{"F16_bl50_Main_3", 0, "f16_bl50_main_3", false};

{"F16_bl50_Kil", 0, "f16_bl50_kil", false};

{"F16_bl50_Kil", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "f16_bl50_kil_roughmet", false};

{"F16_bl50_wing_L", DIFFUSE, "f16_bl50_wing_l", false};

{"F16_bl50_wing_R", DIFFUSE, "f16_bl50_wing_r", false};

{"pilot_F16_patch", 0, "pilot_f16_patch", false};

}

custom_args =

{

}

name = "NAME"

countries = {"USA",}

((You could in theory take out the --text but I left it so it was clear where this went. Feel free to correct the hell out of that as I am not a LUA editor but making this adjustment made it work!))

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

I have an issue with the nose and intake numbers now. (At work so can’t post screens unfortunately). But I’ve followed the updated lua coding but I can’t eliminate the “background” of the intake BORT nor the bottom half of the nose BORT numbers.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

There's now a material issue with the nose bort numbers. NOUSE 1 used main_1 diffuse and NOUSE 2 used main_2 diffuse for background. Now the supposed-to-be clear background on both sides is messed. This is only noticeable on a fully painted jet.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
There's now a material issue with the nose bort numbers. NOUSE 1 used main_1 diffuse and NOUSE 2 used main_2 diffuse for background. Now the supposed-to-be clear background on both sides is messed. This is only noticeable on a fully painted jet.
thank. I will check. aircraft numbers are at the junction of two materials and not everything is simple with them

Отправлено с моего MI 6 через Tapatalk

What do you mean with the common piece? Clearly something has changed since before this patch my paint scheme was perfect and now this piece is grey. Is there an updated template file or ... ?

mPZYgR3.png

It was changed. You will have to move the piece at the top and have it cover the 'holes' below. See attached pic:

CtTjZvK.jpg

How do I hide the Bort numbers from the default F-16 skin when changing to custom skins? With the new changes the old lua setting to hide them no longer work.

"Now how do I land this thing?" *Sound of pages turning*

Start reading this thread from post #72

I have read and editing the lua of the skins I've gotten from the user section does nothing. The default f-16 is imposing itself on all other skins. Which is why I asked where is the path to the lua for the original default so I can edit the 1.0's on it.

I have read and editing the lua of the skins I've gotten from the user section does nothing. The default f-16 is imposing itself on all other skins. Which is why I asked where is the path to the lua for the original default so I can edit the 1.0's on it.

you dont need to edit the default lua. you need to make the correct bort changes in the luas for the other skins. as well as adding the 'custom args' lines

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

I've used all the examples given and still the bort boards show. Can someone post a full Lua and explain to me how to edit to use with existing skins? Either they don't work for me or the planes don't show up in the tab. I imagine I am missing something simple.

I've tried using the example Lua from post #72 I've tried adding the custom args and no joy. I'm sure it is something simple but I am no expert at writing Lua's If there is a thread about them I would love to read it as well.

1261326008_YF-16Borts.thumb.jpg.8b3cfc399f48825fded745d2e0d385b2.jpg

Edited by Funkysak

And paste the code eight proposed AFTER the livery {} not inside the livery {} because that breaks the code and the livery does not show up in game or the model viewer

I assume you don't want any bort numbers to show on that livery.

If so, all you have to do is add this at the very bottom of your description.lua:

custom_args = 
{

[1000] = 1.0,
[1001] = 1.0,
[1002] = 1.0,
[1003] = 1.0,
}

Hey, I'm thinking about using the new board numbers. Can one of you tell me if these numbers can go from three to four digits?

I don't think you can have a 4th digit