What is the satus on fixing some of the main issues?

bkthunder

- Engine modeling / parameters such as correct RPM, FTIT and Nozzle position

- Correct open/close timing for speedbrakes

- Level acceleration at altitude

- correct negative g-limit

- Realistic G-tolerance so we don't black out after one second (yes, with g-warmup you blackout after 4 seconds :music_whistling:)

This is just a request to get a small update, not expecting to see all of this corrected, but we haven't seen fixes in this direction for a while now.

Thanks!

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

To be honest I don't really care anymore about these inaccuracies in regards to thrust, flight model, etc. There are so many avionics issues that just make the day to day flying a PITA and inhibits our ability to effectively perform combat missions.

As an example, I reported the fact that long TMS Left activates IFF LOS, not when you press the button, but when you release it. Sounds small, but it makes you have to hold it for a long time just to make sure you hold it long enough. I reported that on November 1st 2019. That's one simple variable that has to be changed, press instead of release. Five months later, still reported, still borked.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254225

Or that fact that EXP mode zooms and centers the cursor on the screen, instead of centering the screen on the cursor making it effectively useless. That was 28th of November 2019. Four months later, still reported, still borked.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256177

Both of these issues would probably take ten minutes combined to fix for an experienced programmer. Yet here we are, almost half a year later. No progress whatsoever. It feels like ED prefers a larger amount of broken features rather than a few but really solid ones. Personally I'd do things the other way around.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team

Hi

Wags has just done a series of mini updates.

The engineer that does the flight model is currently assigned to the hornet TGP.

Please also see below for an update

Hey everyone,

While a lot of effort is currently on the Hornet, the Viper is also still getting a lot of love. Here are the items currently being worked on:

Added HACK time

Adjusted strobe light

Updated engine and throttle audio

CNI adjustments

External skins

Improve performance

Damage modeling phase 2

AIM-120 Active and TTI indication adjustments

Adjusted IFF HOTAS commands

Tuning NWS authority

Thanks,

Wags

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

How about duel target Track and cursor bullseye?

Or the TGP tracking FCR targerts?

Or the ability to have steerpoint offsets?

Can I add?

gPh7Znx.jpg

Hi

Wags has just done a series of mini updates.

The engineer that does the flight model is currently assigned to the hornet TGP.

Please also see below for an update

Thanks

I don't remember where I read some time ago that they were different teams and the development of one module It wasn't going to affect the other module... :music_whistling:

I´m sad to see this year that in 3 months just arrived a few items for both modules, I don't have any hope that at the end of this year one of the modules will be on its final stage... and that makes me sad.

• ED Team
Did the F-18 team stop helping F-16? F16 is full of shortcomings.

Please read Wags mini updates

Viper

Hey everyone,

While a lot of effort is currently on the Hornet, the Viper is also still getting a lot of love. Here are the items currently being worked on:

Added HACK time

Adjusted strobe light

Updated engine and throttle audio

CNI adjustments

External skins

Improve performance

Damage modeling phase 2

AIM-120 Active and TTI indication adjustments

Adjusted IFF HOTAS commands

Tuning NWS authority

Thanks,

Wags

Hornet

Hey everyone,

We currently have a heavy focus on the Hornet, with a couple of very complex and time-intensive features like the TGP and AG radar. Here are the Hornet items that the team is currently working on:

Further targeting pod features

AG radar

AA radar display fixes and additions

Datalink fixes

AIM-120 behavior

AGM-65 corrections

Improvements to gun funnel

Thanks,

Wags

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Can I add?

I don't remember where I read some time ago that they were different teams and the development of one module It wasn't going to affect the other module... :music_whistling:

I´m sad to see this year that in 3 months just arrived a few items for both modules, I don't have any hope that at the end of this year one of the modules will be on its final stage... and that makes me sad.

When the teams merged to work in parallel we let everyone know, as Wags has mentioned in his mini update a lot of work is going on for the hornet at the moment but the viper is still getting worked done.

Development is complex and it does take a lot of time, this is the reality of development, we appreciate the help and feedback we are getting from everyone during early access.

Thanks

Just a reminder that whoever has the F16 as of now, has sometime along the line bought an Early Access module. Without being coerced into it.

It's nice that we can always count on you Sherlock ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• 4 weeks later...

When will the issue be fixed that new waypoints, that are entered on the DED, are inoperable (no range/distance indication on any instrument)?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ok I accept viper is in the second plan (maybe 3rd or so) but at least please fix tgp offset bug. How hard can it be to make hud icon and tgp to look the same point? With this problem, viper a-g is useless. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

ok I accept viper is in the second plan (maybe 3rd or so) but at least please fix tgp offset bug. How hard can it be to make hud icon and tgp to look the same point? With this problem, viper a-g is useless. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work..

Its based around QNH so if the mission pressure is set to anything other than standard the HUD TGP box will be in the wrong place, that's why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I reported it here: so hopefully it'll get fixed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269191

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Also the datalink,on my HSD all hostiles are green

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Its based around QNH so if the mission pressure is set to anything other than standard the HUD TGP box will be in the wrong place, that's why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I reported it here: so hopefully it'll get fixed.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269191

This problem exists from the release. Some said it's because of misalignment and some said it's because of lack of some waypoints or so. But It was never fixed

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Keep working on the Viper.

Some items to note:

1. Please fix datalink, we keep getting patches that break it. Get it right

2. Fix the visibility and readability, there are 2 mods that do a much better job than ED's team. It's terrible, and sad it needs mods, especially for VR.

3. When is ED going to add fix all the new aircraft radar from saying 'UNKNOWN' ? Viper needs locked target type ?

Personally I'm happy with any progress we make, I just ask that ED stop with the 3 steps forward, 2 steps back with bugs (ie. datalink).

I still have hope we hear about the next high fidelity jet - fingers are crossed. I wish to see a high fidelity jet being worked on every year.

I also hope ED's dream of having resuable modular code actually happens because I'm holding out hope for that 'eagerly anticipated aircraft' and I'd rather ED release things early like the Viper rather than sit on it for many months. I have really enjoyed the systems we have and look forward to more to come!

To be honest I don't really care anymore about these inaccuracies in regards to thrust, flight model, etc. There are so many avionics issues that just make the day to day flying a PITA and inhibits our ability to effectively perform combat missions.

As an example, I reported the fact that long TMS Left activates IFF LOS, not when you press the button, but when you release it. Sounds small, but it makes you have to hold it for a long time just to make sure you hold it long enough. I reported that on November 1st 2019. That's one simple variable that has to be changed, press instead of release. Five months later, still reported, still borked.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254225

Or that fact that EXP mode zooms and centers the cursor on the screen, instead of centering the screen on the cursor making it effectively useless. That was 28th of November 2019. Four months later, still reported, still borked.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256177

Both of these issues would probably take ten minutes combined to fix for an experienced programmer. Yet here we are, almost half a year later. No progress whatsoever. It feels like ED prefers a larger amount of broken features rather than a few but really solid ones. Personally I'd do things the other way around.

None of these bother me. Short press is SCAN, longer is LOS. Works fine get used to it.

EXP is definitely useable, I use it all the time. It zooms and helps separate targets. Again, not sure I get your complaints.

These are so super minor.

- Engine modeling / parameters such as correct RPM, FTIT and Nozzle position

- Correct open/close timing for speedbrakes

- Level acceleration at altitude

- correct negative g-limit

- Realistic G-tolerance so we don't black out after one second (yes, with g-warmup you blackout after 4 seconds :music_whistling:)

This is just a request to get a small update, not expecting to see all of this corrected, but we haven't seen fixes in this direction for a while now.

Thanks!

I'd have to say, these are some items I'd put higher on the list as well.