Mig-21 FPS Drops, unplayable, video added...

cronustr75

A poster in a different thread said they have no issues when using old Nvidia drivers (I'm now using 442.19).

I have an approximate 360% improvement in performance. There's still a bit of an FPS drop with the radar on but it's not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Improvements are scheduled, but since source seems to be of external nature, we're working on more thorough overhaul including new features mentioned in an update.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried the instant action missions for the MiG-21 and dropped down to a whopping 12 fps in free flight and PRMG approach.

You read that right. T W E L V E fps with a GTX 1080 Ti :megalol::megalol::megalol:

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

I might have a workaround for this. It was suggested in another section of this forum. I also have an nVidia card and experience severe FPS drops when the radar is turned on and pointed at the ground. However, I went into my nVidia Control Panel settings and set the preferred PhysX processor to my CPU instead of my GPU. Now, I don't get the FPS drops anymore. I hope this helps someone.

[Edit] Updated to drivers 451.48 and issue occurs regardless of PhysX processor preference setting. May not have solved the problem originally, too, as the performance I observed initially could have just been for one flight.

Edited by SignorMagnifico

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Stable latest version,

Specs intel 9700k overclock to 5ghz on each core

32 gig of ram

m.2 drive

water cooled

2080 video card (drivers are updated to latest version)

track ir

Hope this helps.

MIG21 fps radar bug.trk

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

It doesnt if you revert to older driver. Again, thats temporary but the best advice for now.

As for status. The issue is being worked with Lead ED programmer now. I have nothing more to bring as of this time.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Unfortunately, you can't go to a driver that predates your card's release. Not sure what driver was the earlies for the 2060 super and how that compares to the MiG-21 radar situation. I guess sometimes it is better to have older hardware... my gtx 1080 is still going strong and adequate for VR with the Rift S even if I can't get the awesome performance/quality of a 1080 ti or better yet, a 2080 ti.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Downgrade your drivers to 442.16 or earlier.

Is that a typo? I can only find 442.19 in the nvidia archive of older drivers.

Looks like I am even a bit lazier than you.wink.gif I can't even find my current driver 432.00 in that list. Strangely its release date is stated as 04/15/2020 according to geforce experience. Hard to believe.:doh:

It doesnt if you revert to older driver. Again, thats temporary but the best advice for now.

As for status. The issue is being worked with Lead ED programmer now. I have nothing more to bring as of this time.

Thx Hiromachi. As much as I love the MiG-21bis module, downgrading the drivers is not an option. I play a lot of different games and sims. Hoping to see a fix soon :)

Yeah, I understand. We have reached as high as we could to get this sorted and hope to have some solution as soon as possible.

Is that a typo? I can only find 442.19 in the nvidia archive of older drivers.

I use this hidden nvidia page: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Also, I recommend select Studio Drivers on "Recommended/Beta", Standard on "Windows Driver Type" and install the 442.92 version, for me is the best nvidia driver at date.

This is the direct link if you want: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/159678/en-us

Will we see a fix or will I really have to downgrade my gpu drivers?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

We're waiting on ED to provide solution here, so I cant give you any better response than fix will be available as soon as possible.

Ok, good luck :)

The Fish is my favorite aircraft so I hope ED will be quick.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't worried too much about this because going to an older driver has been an effective solution. But I now have a major application that needs the newest driver to perform correctly. So, I have a choice: stay with older driver to keep the MiG-21 fully operational and have unacceptable performance in another application or go with the latest driver and either avoid flying the MiG-21 or leave the radar off. It would be nice if I didn't have to make this choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Major application? Hehehe ;)