Ordered t50 base

pchRage

Most recent posts have me a bit concerned but figured I need to get off the bench and just order now that it’s in stock.

Fingers crossed that its a good build and avoid a lemon!

Goal is to use the t50base and an extension for center stick with TM f18 grip and then use the warthog base and grip for f16 side stick.

Now the delivery waiting begins!

Well, i had similar plans but the recent posts about non-symetric cams etc. convinced me to keep using my WH base as center stick and not to purchase the T50 CM2. Got a WarBRD base from Virpil as sidestick and it´s absolutely great, but will wait for a possible CM3, wich hopefully will be redesigned without those design flaws.

Hope you´ll get a good one

cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Well I started looking a good 6 months ago and did the research on VKB vs warbrd vs t50 and t50 seems the best choice/checked all the boxes.

99% of users with a good functioning product will not post, so you always get the lopsided forum threads/reported issues (not that that's a bad thing, just perspective/statistics).

And this gives me something to look forward to instead of just more weeks/months of Covid WFH :-)

And finally.. I'm helping the global economy :-)

TBH I did get faulty stuff from VIRPIL. Opened two tickets, they were eventually resolved and I ended up with new hardware (base cable and a whole new 200mm extension + an extra extension's internal cable).

I had to wait about three months tho.But they got them to me, with no extra costs (not even had to send the faulty hardware back, pics were sufficient).

So, yeah, customer service can be crappy long in getting to you, but it will, eventually. And hopefully this will change with time, I say hopefully because faults apart, their hardware is pretty good, software isv good too, and looks like it will last for years.

All in all, I would say go for it, just be prepared to communicate and wait in case stuff does not work out as it should initially.

i own a CM1 plus grip and the T50 throttle which had a usb problem, but it was solved by Virpil in the end.

contact was via Cyphr, but i don't know if he is still around at Virpil.

Anyway, i love my setup, so some positive about Virpi;:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I think getting faulty products from Virpil and then fighting their customer support is a secondary problem, even while beeing annoying. I got all the extensions from Virpil + the WarBRD base, everything came in good condition and i'm absolutely happy with it. This risk with the T-50 base wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

But the non-symetrical cam behavior isn't a quality issue, but a pure design flaw. The WarBRD base does not suffer from it, most likely because it has mirrored cams instead of "one sided" cams. And that's what making the T-50 CM2 a no-go for me. I don't want to use significant more force rolling to the left, than for rolling to the right.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I have the T-50 base/grip and the T-50 throttle. The base and grip have been in use for over 2 years without any issues (other then the tight cam screws), and the throttle for about 18 months with no issues. A lot of people stripped the cam screws as the thread lock was too strong, I never changed my cams, no problems with the springs. I don't think Cyphr is around, he did help me when updating the firmware when I rec'd the throttle.

I have the T-50 base/grip and the T-50 throttle. The base and grip have been in use for over 2 years without any issues (other then the tight cam screws), and the throttle for about 18 months with no issues. A lot of people stripped the cam screws as the thread lock was too strong, I never changed my cams, no problems with the springs. I don't think Cyphr is around, he did help me when updating the firmware when I rec'd the throttle.

Yeah he has apparently left them, which would explain some of the support complaints now. He was great on that end of things.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The new t50cm use a completely different set of cams and cam screws, from the pic's I'd seen it looks much much better than the first version, being that I am one of those whose screws just shredded under my phillipshead.

You should not have anything to worry about and you have a sweet stick base on the way.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

• 2 weeks later...

Fit n finish gets an A. This thing is super solid!

Bit surprised how far out from desk the mount goes, at least 3inches more than the MonsterTech. Taking a bit of adjustment with throttle n pedals to be ergonomic and not having to overreach etc.

I did notice the back and left take more force then right and forward but after flying for an hour it’s a non-issue and feels natural.

Have the TM F18 stick on currently without any of my extensions. The force needed is crazy more than the TMW base. I may try the light springs while still using the default avia soft cams... any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!

Will also take some getting used to as you transition from side to back to side. It reminds me of the cougar base vs the TMW with the socket is very fluid across directions. Would changing cams alter that behavior/feel?

Will also take some getting used to as you transition from side to back to side. It reminds me of the cougar base vs the TMW with the socket is very fluid across directions. Would changing cams alter that behavior/feel?

Yes, that is exactly what cams are for. By default the AviaSim - Soft Center (Non-Linear) is installed on the T50CM2 stick base, you should try the No-Center AviaSim Cam.

thanks @Ant0ine!

I decided to try the light springs since I'm not using an extension and its great!

I may try the no center cams in a few days, want to get a good feel for these first so I can properly compare!

Most recent posts have me a bit concerned but figured I need to get off the bench and just order now that it’s in stock.

Fingers crossed that its a good build and avoid a lemon!

Goal is to use the t50base and an extension for center stick with TM f18 grip and then use the warthog base and grip for f16 side stick.

Now the delivery waiting begins!

Oh no, are you saying there are a bunch of lemons? oh boy, time to do some thorough testing.

So what's the Supercarrier , is that what comes with the F18?

The Supercarrier is a separate module that was planned to enter early access this month. It models several ships of the Nimitz class with animated deck drew, lower deck hangar, realistic ATC radio calls and other new features. Owners of the Hornet will get a discount on it, but the Hornet itself only comes with a pretty good, but very basic carrier missing the stated features.

Alright... about 7 hours of use so far. F18/F15/P51. Amazing how quickly your muscle memory adapts! I can fly 80ft off the deck and I'm not in constant fear of buying the farm!

It really is another level of fine-grained control. I hadn't flow the P51 in months, and keeping guns on target is always a challenge. I able able to take out 5 109/190s with serious precision (let's not talk about how many times I died getting to that 5 count :-) ).

I've got the TMW setup for sidestick now for F16. I plan to flip back in forth by trying an hour in the F18, and then an hour in F16 to compare "feel" this week.

ok! few hours of mixed T50 f18/f15 and TMW f16.

The precision is unmatched for the T50!

I dont know if its the soft center T50 vs "no center" TMW, but I can always tell ( / better tell) where my aoa/attitude is and able to recover/adjust easier/faster/more instinctively.

Maybe its just new-buyer-honeymoon, but I dont see myself reaching for the TMW anytime soon.

It is pretty awesome being able to have center stick and side stick wired up at same time and being able to jump between planes so easily.