Q1E Development Update

Cobra847

I have a couple of questions:

Will the F-14A replace the default F-14A AI model we currently have in game?

Will the Forrestal have any compatibility or extended features for those that have the Super Carrier?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are trying to help ED figure out what the issue is. There are no forces we're applying from our side to the aircraft that would cause this behavior. It is somehow related to ED's ground reaction code or something they're doing while aircraft are parked on a moving object. Something seems to change that causes the sliding once DCS detects engine RPM above a certain value, and it's not anything on our side.

I wish we could get this type of inside scoop from everyone. As a fellow developer, this is really good info.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

How will the aircraft carriers, multiplayer side, be implemented for those who do not own the module?

Bye

Phant

It will work like the current Stennis in terms of features and access. Additional functionality or features beyond that are TBD.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Outstanding update gents. Much appreciated. Now I am going to be THAT guy. LOL. Pretty sure I will get drug behind a bus for asking this, but early on when you released the video of the "AI" A-6 Intruder, you said hopefully down the road you would make it a full module if you can obtain the rights....or something along those lines. Can you say anything about that or hint at possibly having a HB level A-6 in the future. We need this because you never know what might happen down the road. The answer to this might actually be the cure to COVID.

We'll come up with something, but it just will most likely stray much further from reality than anything else in our simulation, unfortunately.

Yes, but that's the case for all other aircraft with jamming effects in DCS. If guys implement some jamming effects forthe Tomcat, similar to the noise jamming strobes shown on other aircraft (F-15, MiG-21bis, ...) using the Tomcat's display symbology for displaying the strobes is the best you could do within the limits of DCS I guess.

I really hope ED will extend the EW stuff in the future and especially provide more jamming attributes on the jammer aircraft, as currently all jamming effects have to be implemented on the recieving aircraft, which can be unfair especially in MP, when one aircraft has less jamming effects than the other and thus is harder to jam (or not at all). But as ED is currently actively looking for someone with EW experience I'm quite confident that it's on the ToDo list at least. Untill then we have to deal with the abstract EW model we currently have in DCS and hope that aircraft devs will implement similar jamming effects on their modules :)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I kind of don't miss Jester. This new Chester guy seems like a cool guy,

It's the same voice files, same guy, just without radio overlay effect :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Fuel Tank Pylons

This may seem like a small feature, but important. Can we get a fuel tank pylon delete option in the Loadout Menu please? The Clean Tomcat is really iconic, also there was a very limited amount of external fuel tanks early in the F-14 program, which is why you see early A’s without them most of the time.

-Preston

Edited by Woogey

So you are going to wait for the release of the SC, and only release the Ranger afterwards in order not to steal the spotlight, or did I misunderstand you completely?

Also, could you please shed some light on how compatible F-14B skins will be with the F-14A? How much re-work will they need?

Thanks!

Does the Forestall releasing shortly after the update about it imply that it will be released this month?

No, sorry, it does not. We will try, but won't promise what we cannot fully influence. One never knows.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

It's the same voice files, same guy, just without radio overlay effect :)

Hey Mike,

Any insight on fixing Jester not switching to PSTT when commanded? I reported this back in, I think, September or October. Didn’t really see it mentioned above. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The stall model isn't currently a simple boolean, the severity of the flow reversal is variable and depends on many factors. The number of situations where the TF30 can stall is much larger than the F110, which will take some time to implement and test. I'll try to get the major ones in there for EA release though.

Good to know! :thumbup:

I was curious because i wasn't sure what you guys meant by "simplified" :D

Looking forward to it! :pilotfly:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

So you are going to wait for the release of the SC, and only release the Ranger afterwards in order not to steal the spotlight, or did I misunderstand you completely?

Also, could you please shed some light on how compatible F-14B skins will be with the F-14A? How much re-work will they need?

Thanks!

It was meant more like that we do not mind, if our delay gives the SC more spotlight. We still work on it as fast as we can.

As for skins: yes they will be compatible. However A skins will be available for A only and B skins for B only per default. You will have to just copy them over into the respective folder and they will become available, including IRIAF skins for the IRIAF version of the A.

Heatblur Simulations

It was meant more like that we do not mind, if our delay gives the SC more spotlight. We still work on it as fast as we can.

As for skins: yes they will be compatible. However A skins will be available for A only and B skins for B only per default. You will have to just copy them over into the respective folder and they will become available, including IRIAF skins for the IRIAF version of the A.

What about the various antenna and sensor differences and possible ECM blisters on the B? (If you plan to implement those with ECM modelling).

I'm sorry if I may have missed it, but will the Forrestal have any compatibility or features added with the SC module? Or will the deck crew and everything be implemented by default?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

What about the various antenna and sensor differences and possible ECM blisters on the B? (If you plan to implement those with ECM modelling).

I guess we will cross the bridge when we get there, maybe they will be just shown in some standard metallic, etc, depending on what will be implemented.

Heatblur Simulations