Q1E Development Update

Cobra847

I agree, after they finish the cat the Intruder (or some F-4 variant) would be the most sensible options since it fits so well into the infrastructure and ecosystem they've established with the Tomcat.

I doubt we'd get a Phantom from Heatblur since ED and Belsimtek have their F-4E on hold. It'll probably be between the A-6E and an F-111 I think since they are already working on the TF-30s for the F-14A. I definitely would love an Aardvark but I would much rather have an A-6.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us finish what we promised first, then we can talk about the future.

As for SC optimization, I doubt there is much that we can do on our side, that is something ED will probably have to look at, however, ofc, if we find something that can be done on our side we will. (but it is rather unlikely).

The SC missions are in the Caucasus and Persian Gulf instant action missions. For the Case 1 and Case 3 missions you start airborne, about 20 to 30 nm from the carrier. (far this time, so you can run the entire comms set). For the Carrier Quals you start on the carrier and fly out yourself to come back.

The coop missions are in the mods/aircraft/f14/missions/Multi folder, they, too are simple carrier quals missions (the same as instant), but for coop.

We will add more SC missions over time. I can ask Kaba if he wants to offer a cage the bear SC version.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I doubt we'd get a Phantom from Heatblur since ED and Belsimtek have their F-4E on hold. It'll probably be between the A-6E and an F-111 I think since they are already working on the TF-30s for the F-14A. I definitely would love an Aardvark but I would much rather have an A-6.

Eh, ED's Phantom is postponed for an unknown period. And franky I really have no interest in an ED, Early Access Phantom. Only Heatblur have the proper tech and know-how for a proper two seater with a pilot and RIO. Much rather have the A-6E though as well.

Edited by Airhunter

If we ever get a Phantom, my hope would be for the F-4B/N or J/S, but it's a vain hope considering all of the nations the F-4E served.

I'm also hoping one day HB decides to use their fantastic skills to make their upcoming A-6E flyable. But let them deliver what they promised first before looking too far towards the future. The F-14A and Forrestal-class are much awaited.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

I would hope HB does F-4N/J/S with Jester and someone else can do F-4E (and hopefully early F-4C).

Enjoying the Qual mission. The PG mission has a cart sitting on the front of the island though (probably placed a bit too close).

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I would hope HB does F-4N/J/S with Jester and someone else can do F-4E (and hopefully early F-4C).

Enjoying the Qual mission. The PG mission has a cart sitting on the front of the island though (probably placed a bit too close).

The E model is already being done by BST now ED, but it's been on hold since the F-16

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 5 months later...

Just a question as to why Heatblur went backwards and made the F14a instead of the more up to date F14d. The D model has a better more informative HUD a better Electronic flight control system that really keeps it more stable, Better MFD's Just all around a better plane than the A model?

Cos they didn't "go back" - the plan has been from day 1 to provide an -A variant along with the -B.

The choice to make the -B first would I suspect come down to accessibility - it's the easier of the two for players to manage and fall in love with, then provide the more challenging -A for those who want an extra level of spice.

There are no plans for making a -D. HB have repeated this many times across this forum. Why? Certain systems within the D pertaining to the APG-71, PTID and others remain classified and HB, without the information, won't bother trying to even guess how they work, let alone try to simulate them accurately, how can they?

• Like 1

Just a question as to why Heatblur went backwards and made the F14a instead of the more up to date F14d. The D model has a better more informative HUD a better Electronic flight control system that really keeps it more stable, Better MFD's Just all around a better plane than the A model?

DD_Fenrir already answered, relating to the developers choice reasons.

But there's also another (subjective) angle: each one's own personal preference.

That said and relating the bold, more informative and modern HUDs already exist several of them in other fighters like the Eagle, Falcon, Hornet, etc.

So for me, a D model modern HUD would make it feel just like kind of the "same thing" again, and probably I wouldn't feel so much inclined to buy it.

(And so I'm thankful to Heatblur, that they've featured the A and B versions.)

As the "archaic", old-school HUD symbology in the A and B models, are in my opinion a big part of the Tomcat's own charisma.

... otherwise like I said, (for me) modern symbols and such would feel prety much the same like anyother teen series, when looking at the HUD.

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

@IronMike I think it's time for a pinned "THERE WILL NOT BE A -D THIS DECADE" post

Yeah haha. I will have the FAQ up first thing when I am done with the campaign.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/