April Fools!

flybull

Was in my F-16 deploying the landing gear... wow. I wish I reacted quickly enough to snap a screenshot. Well done, ED! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Wow, just found this. Landing on a carrier in my F-18 just out of the overhead break when I lowered the gear and hit the 'DCS Jackpot' (in VR no-less). I about jumped out of my chair, trying to figure out what the heck had happened. :) i did get a gear down warning and had to re-cycle the landing gear. Fortunately kept my cool and salvaged the landing (four-wire though...)

Just finish training with the TPOD at Nevada and was bring the Hornet into Creech. Dropped my gear and everything went crazy. Slot machines in both MFD lost the engines. It was a friggin show, and I was playing in VR. Had no clue what the hell was going on. Got the engines back online then the slots started up again and I lost power on final. Wound up punching. Awesome surprise ED! April fools I hope. LOL. I yelled what the F**K is going on here and my wife was walking by. Trying to imagine what she was thinking looking at her husband with a pimax headset on and slots on the MFDs.

Edited by robert.clark251

For a moment I thought I was out of my mind. Was on final approach (almost out of fuel) on MP server, gears down, then on left DDI I saw ED slots thing and then my pilot was ejected from the plane.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

I was just about to make a thread about this, lol. Depending on what you win is what you get. You might be lucky and it will let you lower your gear, or use air brakes, or flame out the engine...

Just cycle the gear lever a bunch of times to keep playing :)

Edited by NineLine
fixed link

Take heart, it's the one thing they have delivered this year. Maybe more to follow... Oh wait, what's the date again? ;-)

It probably activated on my hardware clock. I have mine set to GMT, my friend probably does not. We're both GMT -5.

Not quite so jarring as the SFM only AI. But still... it's annoying.

Sorry guys, the DDI is working as intended based on our latest documentation. ;)

We finally got some classified content in our MFDs - no wonder it was top secret for so long. Gambling in the cockpit prior to landing and hoping the gear comes down is nothing for the faint of heart. :lol:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So what happens if you don't hit the jackpot? Gear fails to deploy? :lol:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

got three engines, then my engine failed

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27