April Fools!

flybull

We are all a little bit right, both to those who liked the joke and to those who did not like the joke.

I didn't like it. But I admit that we must not take ourselves too seriously ... we have other and more serious problems, see corona virus.

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY It's super fun! Don't you worry!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying it! :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS, pls I appreciate that you have a sensivity of homour, but not with the langing gear, pls. I would crashed at least 3 times today, because of your joke there are poker opening now, instead of my landing gear....

So cmnon, pls. And I cant found where is /autoexec.cfg: to remove it. :(

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

• ED Team
Even mom had a laugh when I showed her.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Mission accomplished :thumbup:

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS, pls I appreciate that you have a sensivity of homour, but not with the langing gear, pls. I would crashed at least 3 times today, because of your joke there are poker opening now, instead of my landing gear....

If it isn't there, just create it. Notepad should do the trick.

DCS, pls I apreciiate that you have a sensivity of homour, but not with the langing gear, pls. I would crashed at least 3 times today, because of your joke there are poker opening now, instead of my landing gear....

On your C drive C:/users/%username%/dcs openbeta/config and there you have or you need create autoexec.cfg

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

• ED Team

If you do not know how to create the file place this one in the location

Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/

autoexec.cfg

Best easteregg I have discovered in decades !:lol:

• Like 1

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

This is addictive as much as forum Christmas lights. And one of the best easter egg in the gaming world :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

*** MAJOR BUG - F18C ***

VR Reverb F18C

Nice one ED.... :thumbup:

ED's easter egg seen in VR. Find it yourself else the spoiler...

- Each time I drop the wheels the left MFD turns into a slot machine complete with music.... great BUT ITS BUGGED.... I keep getting three in a row but no cash comes out - Honestly ED.... a free module for each complete line should be the minimum....

Boy was my head swivelling at first, where's that music coming from... then saw the MFD WTF smile.gif smile.gif then realised the date...

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

FANTASTIC EASTER EGG FROM ED

Congrats guys, I didnt believe it so had to try and wow FANTASTIC, made me laugh, so much fun seeing if you can eject lol

AWESOME!!!!

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Excellent :) forget about flying just playing with the slot machines lol fantastic idea from ED to lighten the mood.

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

About the April Fools joke

At first, it's funny. You operate the gear lever, some slot machine animation shows up on the left MFD, then you get a random failure. A nice joke... once...

Did anyone at ED actually thought this is game breaking? I actually stopped flying the Hornet and the Viper until this joke is over.

I consider myself a joker, like pranks and all that. But operating the gear and get ejected gets old pretty fast.

Thanks for the laugh in the first few minutes. Can you please now deactivate this? Honestly, this is just annoying now.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I despair at those posting that they can't play because of a funny April Fools joke that ED put into their own game! It's one day, it's not going to kill you! I think these people need to step away from their joysticks, look out the window, and consider what are the important things in life.

Having said that, ED have posted a workaround, for those that can't cope. Good joke ED, I enjoyed it.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

So this is where development effort is going given the current state of the rest of the sim?

If everything worked and was complete this might be slightly funny. It's none of those things though.

I despair at those posting that they can't play because of a funny April Fools joke that ED put into their own game! It's one day, it's not going to kill you! I think these people need to step away from their joysticks, look out the window, and consider what are the important things in life.

Having said that, ED have posted a workaround, for those that can't cope. Good joke ED, I enjoyed it.

You despair? There's no desperation here. Just a joke that turns old pretty fast.

Sorry if I want to play the game following its procedures.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Funny ha ha (especially when ejecting) - but is there a way to turn this off?

I am new to F16 and want to practice landings and flying in general - this is prohibitive and I would rather not have to wait until the weekend when I next get to fly (this is wasting what little time i have available these days........).

I found ED's prank very funny. Very creative! Laugh a lot! Now Deka's joke about announcing the C919 I didn't like. I really wanted a transport plane in the DCS.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Funny ha ha (especially when ejecting) - but is there a way to turn this off?

I am new to F16 and want to practice landings and flying in general - this is prohibitive and I would rather not have to wait until the weekend when I next get to fly (this is wasting what little time i have available these days........

I believe that he should deactivate himself at the end of April 1st. April 2nd should return to normal.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.