April Fools!

flybull

So this is where development effort is going given the current state of the rest of the sim?

If everything worked and was complete this might be slightly funny. It's none of those things though.

Yea, developers dont have any free time, so how could a developer use some of their free time to create and implement this fantastic april fools joke. Easter eggs tend to be created in developers free time, you know ;).

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yea, developers dont have any free time, so how could a developer use some of their free time to create and implement this fantastic april fools joke. Easter eggs tend to be created in developers free time, you know ;).

They should use their free time for themselves, not for sabotaging the sim product we pay real money for.

LOL! Just saw someone post this. Exactly!!!

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/03/local-psychopath-still-planning-on-celebrating-april-fools-day/

This is brilliant. Nearly as good as the backlash about the Matrix G-lock april fools joke last year, where one fella even threatened to sue :megalol:.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Great, i get one day off to fly and this is what i am rewarded with thanks ED :doh:

Fix: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4267833&postcount=60

I dont get the need to be funny. Like the F16 is not a JOKE already!

My thoughts exactly. Nothing funny about wasting time coding a joke when you've got one of the worst optimized games I've seen.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Slot Machine Gear Handle Fix

Here is a file to remove the effect of the "Easter egg". Just place this file in your "C:\Users\<your name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder. All it is is a .cfg file with a one line "notFunny2020 = true" statement.

Enjoy.

Savvy

autoexec.cfg

Savvy

I5 - 9600K, NVDIA RTX2070 8GB, 32 GB DDR4, Z390, 512GB M.2, 1TB SSD, 2TB HYBRID SSD/HD, 4 TB HD.

My thoughts exactly. Nothing funny about wasting time coding a joke when you've got one of the worst optimized games I've seen.

Dude, if you think that and have all these toxic words, all that unhappiness, get out. Stop buying the modules and go play another game, but stop posting demotivating words. The ED guys wanted to make a joke and you and others come in with this bad mood. Even more so at that moment. No one needs to read or hear words like that. As if you and other things in the world were perfect. Stay quiet. Carpe Diem

Really cool ED. Really a nice surprise on April 1st. :megalol: :joystick:

Edited by Nazgûl

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Really nice usage of ressources... maybe you could have tried to fix the deplorable VR performance instead?

Exactly.

It came out on time too. (In fact, does this explain why this week's update was on a Tuesday instead of today as usual? Seems like they bent over backwards to meet THIS deadline!)

With all that is going on in the world today, a funny Easter Egg for one day in DCS falls way the heck down on my radar scale - not even a tiny blip.

Smile a little and have fun for goodness sake!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dude, if you think that and have all these toxic words, all that unhappiness, get out. Stop buying the modules and go play another game, but stop posting demotivating words. The ED guys wanted to make a joke and you and others come in with this bad mood. Even more so at that moment. No one needs to read or hear words like that. As if you and other things in the world were perfect. Stay quiet. Carpe Diem

difficult to enjoy the joke when the sim has been unplayable for more than one month..

Landin Gear Animation

Dear ED, please review the landing gear animation in the left MFD. It is not funny when the gear and the flaps do not react in the normal way. Probably a virus in your team?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

difficult to enjoy the joke when the sim has been unplayable for more than one month..

What do you mean, not playable? I play it every day online on the servers for more than 3 hours and have fun every day. I think you just want to see things that don't work, as opposed to seeing or the other side of the coin (which is very big) that is working. That is the difference between people. Some see the glass as half empty. Others see the glass as half full. Go on with life and stay there with your bad mood

Edited by Nazgûl

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

What do you mean, not playable? I play it every day online on the servers for more than 3 hours and have fun every day. I think you just want to see things that don't work, as opposed to seeing or the other side of the coin (which is very big) that is working.

It is a 30% reduction in perf in VR with everything turned down so it doesn't even look good. So yes sorry but it is pretty unplayable for me.

What do you mean, not playable? I play it every day online on the servers for more than 3 hours and have fun every day. I think you just want to see things that don't work, as opposed to seeing or the other side of the coin (which is very big) that is working. That is the difference between people. Some see the glass as half empty. Others see the glass as half full. Go on with life and stay there with your bad mood

tvnuNAY.jpg

Really nice usage of ressources... maybe you could have tried to fix the deplorable VR performance instead?

Oh, you're a project manager. Nice. Maybe see if ED are hiring.

Developers are allowed to have fun you know.

Thanks ED for the chuckle, and the lashings of salt. :thumbup:

Thankyou , for the fix,,,,,, Ed is too funny

Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/autoexec.cfg:

notFunny2020 = true

create the file if it does not exist.

Thanks for the Fix

NOT REAL Without it

Edited by Dispatch

~

Some of you guys really need to check and see if you still have a sense of humour. This is a video game, we are all sat at home pretending to be fighter pilots. Try and have some fun once in a while. If you cannot stand it then just for today set your system date to 2nd of April and carry on being grumpy, or do one of the other fixes mentioned earlier in this thread.

Good Job ED!:lol:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.