April Fools!

flybull

It was a nice April fools joke:megalol:, and thanks for the fix now back to business:thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Its pretty hilarious watching people get upset about this. I for one wish I had the time to get in the pit and see this for myself.

Good on ya ED for having a pulse. For those that cant handle it go do the dishes or make your wife a sandwich. It'll be gone tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Not everyone is appreciative of this. What if you had just had a long terrible flight that everything went wrong but you managed to survive it all, and your only saving grace was actually getting back to the ship alive...and the gear handle ejected you. I probably would have been pissed enough to throw my mouse into the monitor.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

... so you have a serious psychological problem :megalol:

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Not everyone is appreciative of this. What if you had just had a long terrible flight that everything went wrong but you managed to survive it all, and your only saving grace was actually getting back to the ship alive...and the gear handle ejected you. I probably would have been pissed enough to throw my mouse into the monitor.

I wish I would have rolled an ejection first! In VR that would have been awesome! I got an engine failure and wasn't wearing headphone...didn't figure out what was happening until I was in the ocean. Still funny to me.

I'm a bit late to the party I see

Great fun ED! Having a blast trying to get decent scores on Banklers training mission :megalol:

(by the way... this totally explains why the patch was 1.2GB)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

"Fantastic" is really a subjective matter.. Gotta love the community for shutting down any legit voice of concern or criticism: you guys rock!

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I understand a joke, but IMO, the project manager for this April 1st joke should be reprimanded. Why? Because yesterday was not April 1st so I spent a number of hours trying to find a nonexistent virus that I thought infected my computer. Having no landing gear while trying to land on a carrier is not a joke IMO. OK, have it happen once and then a counter should have turned it off.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

yesterday was not April 1st

You're not telling the whole story here....

I logged onto a MP server 25 minutes before midnight (system time) hoping to enjoy the gag, and nothing happened for the next 3 hours, despite rolling over to the 1st.

fess up:)

April Fools!

Humor is a tricky emotion. This is why my work recommends we don’t include humor in PAs to passengers. To some it might be funny. To others it might not.

As for this Easter Egg, I don’t mind it. It’s cute. I’m curious though, will it continue this until the next update? If so, is there a way to disable it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• ED Team
Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/autoexec.cfg:

notFunny2020 = true

create the file if it does not exist.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4268134&postcount=85

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think it is funny, I'm glad there is a work around. I'm still gonna try it a few times just because I can. Any occasion to laugh a little in the BS times we all currently find ourselves is worth it. I mean it's a sim so what if you die a few times, people complaining are probably the same ones dressed in full flight suits, helmet, oxy mask, and gloves

I’m curious though, will it continue this until the next update? If so, is there a way to disable it?

To the best of my understanding (including past years). It's based on a check of your computers system time of April 1. You can change the date on your computer temporarily to disable it (or use the config file).

Likewise, if you want to experience the gag on any other day (until it's patched out/replaced) just change your system date to April 1 and start DCS:thumbup:

I was away on a trip last year and that's how I got in on it.

Thankyou for adding a way to turn this off.

I’m already stressed enough with having to go to work and risk mine and my family’s life’s due to idiots who think they are too good to isolate, without having my one flight a week, ruined when I can’t land. ( I only get to fly 2hrs a week on a weds and only if I’m off. Which means today will be the first time in weeks I’ve managed to get on. )

Don’t get me wrong, normally I do have a sense of humour, bu5 it’s fair to say it has currently packed its bags and left the building.

All i want to do is have 2 hrs of relaxation flying with my mates and try and forget about work until I have to go back tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Some of you guys really need to check and see if you still have a sense of humour. This is a video game, we are all sat at home pretending to be fighter pilots. Try and have some fun once in a while. If you cannot stand it then just for today set your system date to 2nd of April and carry on being grumpy, or do one of the other fixes mentioned earlier in this thread.

Good Job ED!:lol:

Couldn't agree more. Some of the posts on here are unbelievable. "ED have got time to do this but not fix my game, this has ruined my day, I can't play my life is over...". Jeez.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

The thing I'm most curious about is why it triggered for me but not the guy I was flying with. We're both GMT -5. I had initially thought my hardware clock was set to GMT, but this was not the case.

I found it kind of annoying rather than funny, but it didn't cause me to crash or anything. I'm ok at focusing on detailed tasks, and the left MFD is not one of the things I focus on during landings.

In testing after the mission, I couldn't get it to land on 3 eject icons or 3 ED icons. The air brake triggered a lot, and I rolled engine failure a couple times. But it seemed to mostly roll gear down or gear failure. Might try some more later, or maybe not. I have plenty of other modules to fly.

The eject icon is self-explanatory, but what does rolling 3 ED icons do?

Ya can't please everyone with a month-long, site-wide sale. And ya can't please everyone with a small way to ATTEMPT to make folks laugh during a stressful time in this world. Dudes, Life is too important to take so seriously, for f&$!sake. :harhar:

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Slot machine increased my death count to 2 now on F16! :(. Didn't look for 3 green and made a great belly landing before it went up in flames! LOL

You can of course play the slot machine multiple times and see what you get before you land. I played until I got wheels down and landed.

Other tries yielded engine damage, flaps or brake coming out instead... lots of fun to be had. Puts you into a nice little panic mode when on final.

I think ED did brilliant in this April Fools joke.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Haha. That’s great. Thanks BigNewy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer