April Fools!

flybull

... so you have a serious psychological problem :megalol:

No, just going through enough BS right now with a lot to be upset about...mostly revolving around the chinese, but who doesnt right now? I didnt toss my mouse, but doesnt mean I wont later...

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

this is an april fools joke...and if its not, then it needs to be

91549186_874239299705868_4766050694983581696_o.png

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Slot Machine?

Just did the latest update and when I lower the landing gear in the F-10 the left MFD has a Slot Machine spinning in i and the landing gear does not go down. Is this a April fools joke.

It's a joke Just found out

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Exactly.

It came out on time too. (In fact, does this explain why this week's update was on a Tuesday instead of today as usual? Seems like they bent over backwards to meet THIS deadline!)

This would have taken 30 minutes to an hour to code so there is really no time lost from development.

I and everyone I spoke to thought this was a great relief to what is happening in the world today.

Some people got upset, tough, get over it, enjoy life as some people are going through the mill right now, loosing loved ones to a invisible killer.

Thanks for the entertaining day ED :) appreciate the effort :)

Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Thankyou for adding a way to turn this off.

I’m already stressed enough with having to go to work and risk mine and my family’s life’s due to idiots who think they are too good to isolate, without having my one flight a week, ruined when I can’t land. ( I only get to fly 2hrs a week on a weds and only if I’m off. Which means today will be the first time in weeks I’ve managed to get on. )

Don’t get me wrong, normally I do have a sense of humour, bu5 it’s fair to say it has currently packed its bags and left the building.

All i want to do is have 2 hrs of relaxation flying with my mates and try and forget about work until I have to go back tomorrow.

I feel the same way. Not everyone is sitting at home these days with too much free time. Just like you, I had a long, stressful "Corona"-working day and was looking forward to two hours of relaxed flying in DCS. The one-armed bandit was really funny - exactly once. After that instead of relaxing I spent my time trying to figure out how to turn off the nonsense - and so my free time went by.

Then I wrote this post and now I have to go to bed, because tomorrow I have to be a "service provider" for others again (without being able to make jokes thereby).

Edited by Airbusjoerg

Best regards

Jörg

it is good to be turnable off by

notFunny2020 = true

line to config/autoexec.cfg

BUT my tought is in F-16C the prerequisite to this kind of fools is the operation of the alternate LandingGear handle as working on the F/A-18C

Edited by discwalker
spelling

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Dude, if you think that and have all these toxic words, all that unhappiness, get out. Stop buying the modules and go play another game, but stop posting demotivating words. The ED guys wanted to make a joke and you and others come in with this bad mood. Even more so at that moment. No one needs to read or hear words like that. As if you and other things in the world were perfect. Stay quiet. Carpe Diem

Really cool ED. Really a nice surprise on April 1st. :megalol: :joystick:

This!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the joke.

I got three characters in a row which means I will make a good landing. :) :)

I had a great laugh.I got 3 fires in a row and lost an engine on landing.Made carrier landing really Interesting that's for sure.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

It is a 30% reduction in perf in VR with everything turned down so it doesn't even look good. So yes sorry but it is pretty unplayable for me.

You obviously have a crap computer then, don't blame ED for that. I run VR just fine on my PC with no 30% performance loss that you claim. Do you have evidence to support this made up number?

And for the rest of you whinging idiots, get a life! It's a joke for one damn day. Go outside and take a deep breath if it bothers you that much. Seriously I have never seen as large a group of self entitled prats who do nothing but whine and complain like friggen children. Show some gratitude once in a while, be nice once in a while, or shut the hell up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You obviously have a crap computer then, don't blame ED for that. I run VR just fine on my PC with no 30% performance loss that you claim. Do you have evidence to support this made up number?

And for the rest of you whinging idiots, get a life! It's a joke for one damn day. Go outside and take a deep breath if it bothers you that much. Seriously I have never seen as large a group of self entitled prats who do nothing but whine and complain like friggen children. Show some gratitude once in a while, be nice once in a while, or shut the hell up.

+10!!!

Well, I was giving kudos to the devs for adding this gag and at the same time not understanding the guys whining about their "broken successes", adding suggestions for the future ("TABRIS" in the Shark) and asking for some optional switches (even just in the autoexec.cfg file) to make it possible to have these gags outside of 4/1, including the past ones for those who missed to see themselves. I sincerely apologize for using a term I chose to express my joyful excitement due to the slot machine gag that was meant in an absolutely positive connotation on my side (especially in this very context of humour) which must have been misunderstood as I used it to state how much I like this easteregg. Nothing unconstructive was intended at all. Lesson learnt icon_exclaim.gif

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Being stuck offshore I can only enjoy reading the forum, and reading manuals. But this tread saddened me a little. So much negativity where I’m sure the guys at ED were just trying to lift people’s spirits and have some fun. I watched a few YouTube videos and found it very funny. But I can see the frustration if you’d just completed a 4-hour mission, then gear down and either you win or don’t win. Well done ED, you made me smile.

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

I had a good laugh! Really sad indeed, all those people with no sense of humor :-).

I actually got kicked from a facebook dcs group because the admin reacted like a little crybaby on the April fools joke and didn't like any positive comments about it. Well done ED, it was good fun!

The thing I'm most curious about is why it triggered for me but not the guy I was flying with. We're both GMT -5. I had initially thought my hardware clock was set to GMT, but this was not the case.

I found it kind of annoying rather than funny, but it didn't cause me to crash or anything. I'm ok at focusing on detailed tasks, and the left MFD is not one of the things I focus on during landings.

In testing after the mission, I couldn't get it to land on 3 eject icons or 3 ED icons. The air brake triggered a lot, and I rolled engine failure a couple times. But it seemed to mostly roll gear down or gear failure. Might try some more later, or maybe not. I have plenty of other modules to fly.

The eject icon is self-explanatory, but what does rolling 3 ED icons do?

Seems the joke was only available in single player. Was your buddy in MP by any chance? My buddy and I tried yesterday to trigger it on my server and couldn't, but when we both switched to single player we got the slot machine.

Seems the joke was only available in single player. Was your buddy in MP by any chance? My buddy and I tried yesterday to trigger it on my server and couldn't, but when we both switched to single player we got the slot machine.

Interesting. We were both playing on his dedicated server at the time.

I stuck a YT video up so he could see it, and it ended up getting something like 170 views. It's a nothing channel with all of 9 subscribers. It seems I was not alone in my confusion.

Ohh my god I'm pissed, pissed because the Easter egg isn't working for me, I pull down the handle and my gears goes down as usual, are there any instructions I missed to get the Easter egg working ?

I mean, I am running the latest open beta version, got in the quick flight instant mission and pulled down my handle gear, why isn't it working ?!?!?

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Ohh my god I'm pissed, pissed because the Easter egg isn't working for me, I pull down the handle and my gears goes down as usual, are there any instructions I missed to get the Easter egg working ?

I mean, I am running the latest open beta version, got in the quick flight instant mission and pulled down my handle gear, why isn't it working ?!?!?

April 2nd perhaps...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk