Merge for the Cure - A COVID19 Relief Charity Event

M0ltar

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking, what version of the game, or will you decide closer to the time? Also starting distance 50km?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Great to see this ... initiative - well done Moltar

2 questions ...

I read in you first post, near the end

"- In order to complete the round you must last at the airfield in the center of the bubble."

I'm guessing that should be "land" at the airfield (or do you just have to last until you get there? :-)).

Second:

You used the word "brackets" ("Brackets will depend on the number of individuals at signup"). Is that anything to do with the fact that some are entering in Spitfires and some in F16s - a somewhat unequal match!

Cheers

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

You used the word "brackets". Brackets will depend on the number of individuals at signup. Is that anything to do with the fact that some are entering in Spitfires and some in F16s - a somewhat unequal match!

I guess the brackets will be created randomly, all planes will be matched against each other. If you pick a spitfire you chose to be competing in a ww2 plane against jets. You shouldn't be expecting to win. As a matter of fact if you actually want to win you should pick the F-14 or at least the Hornet in the current meta.

Great to see this ... initiative - well done Moltar

2 questions ...

I read in you first post, near the end

"- In order to complete the round you must last at the airfield in the center of the bubble."

I'm guessing that should be "land" at the airfield (or do you just have to last until you get there? :-)).

Second:

You used the word "brackets" ("Brackets will depend on the number of individuals at signup"). Is that anything to do with the fact that some are entering in Spitfires and some in F16s - a somewhat unequal match!

Cheers

That should indeed read land.

Brackets are going to be random. If someone decides to take a P51 or something that’s on them. You fly against who you fly against. There will be no division based on era or type.

Just checking, what version of the game, or will you decide closer to the time? Also starting distance 50km?

Starting distance should be stated in OP. Version will be the latest version of Open Beta as that is the version most people that fly multiplayer use.

Squadron Name: None

Teamspeak/Discord: both

Contact person Discord ID: RavenOne7#1801

Aircraft Selection. F-18 Hornet probably

Pilots: USA - RavenOne or RavenOne7

I am horrible, but this is for the cause and should be fun. (salute)

1466449141_ReceiptforMerge.thumb.JPG.edadebcc560c4fe4714474274f684b2b.JPG

Edited by ravenone
to add the image

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 (64) - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core - 32 GB RAM - RTX 2080 Super

While I appreciate your input, and you are entitled to your own opinion, why don't we leave that topic for discussion in another thread besides here. This thread should be limited to BFM event discussion only.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Regardless, this is not the place to be posting this. Please, go to a different thread.

Edited by Althiex
Edit: deleted ", or preferably a different forum" from the end of my last sentence.